Under Kai's Care

That Girl, Which Boy?

'Alright girls, strethcing and warm ups are done!'

Everyone scarpered out of the room. You hazily put on your shoes and checked your watch. 

Aish I have a lesson in an hour's time and I really cannot be arsed to go.

Whilst you were lost in your train of thought, Kai knocked on the door and the dance teacher opened it. 

'Omo, Kai-ssi?'

'Annyeonghaseyo, Miss' Kai said, bowing.

'Annyeonghaseyo. What brings you here?'

'I was looking for someone...' Kai said, his eyes wandering around the room until they came to rest on the figure in the corner. 'Ah! That's her! Hey, Haneul!'

You looked to see who it was and found a smiling Kai, waving at you. 

'Oh, oppa! Why are you here?' you said, slightly more energised than before. Just being in the presence of Kai made you feel safer. After all, he was the one who had persuades Mr Park to let you stay in their dorm and it was only through that opportunity that left you how you were now, under the care of 12 loving, caring and slightly strange and enigmatic boys. 

'To pick you up, of course! Come on, let's go!'

In all honesty, Kai had been worrying frantically all morning since he had seen you stumble into his classroom. You looked tired and he guessed it was from staying the night at Hyun-Ki's. He had almost kicked himself, and everyone else, when he arrived back at the dorm after taking care of a few things and found out that you had left to go to your cousins at the darkest and scariest hour of the day.

Walking down the corridor with your arms interlinked, Kai recieved a text message from Mr Park.

'Oh! Park-ssaem?' 

Kai nodded and quickly read the message, frowning. 

'Wae? What's wrong? Why's your face suddenly changed?' you ask worriedly.

Kai shook his head. 'Aniyo, it's nothing. Don't worry your pretty head about it.'

'Ey, what pretty head?' you said in reply, gently nudging him. You decided not to pry him about the text. He'd tell you if it was important, right? 

Suddenly, Kai spun you so you were facing him. 

'Oppa?'

A flash of excitement shone in Kai's eyes. 

'Let's bunk our lessons today'

 

Half an hour later, you arrived at your classroom with a note. 

Dear Professor, 

Please excuse Haneul Shin from this class. She refuses to skip despite being ill and unable to participate. 

Kai, Head of First Years

Your teacher read it and nodded, passing the note back to you. 'Take it easy, kiddo. We don't want you burning out before Christmas. You look a bit pale anyway, have some rest. I'll give Suho-ssi your papers and any sheets I think you'll need.'

You said thank you and bowed, showing your gratitude before making your way out of the classroom. 

'I can't believe you wrote that lie, Kai...' you said, tutting at the boy who stood beside you. 

'First act of rebellion ever, would you believe?'

You smirked. 'I can believe that, actually. You seem like the type that would never do something wrong at school'

'It must be you leading me astray.'

'You're the one who wrote the lie, ahem' 

'Yeah, but it's not a lie. Like your teacher said, you look ill. I'm merely looking out for you'

'That doesn't mean you have to skip your lessons too. Man... Suho is gonna freak when he doesn't see me in class'

'Hyung will be fine. He'll just have to find a replacement partner for one lesson'

You sighed. 'Araso, what are we going to do today?'

'What everyone does when they're ill and skips lessons?'

'And what's that?' You didn't like the sound of where this was going.

'Sit in bed and watch TV of course'

You groaned. 'Really?,,, Oppa, you're really no fun'

'You can have fun once your cheeks aren't a ghostly white color anymore and they've returned to the pinky cherub cheeks you're supposed to have'

'Ha! Pink cherub cheeks?...You make me sound like a goddess.'

'You are a goddess.'

You laughed, already starting to feel better. It had been Kai's intention all along. All he wanted to do was make you happy again and seeing you laugh, he knew he was on the right track. 

Don't be sad, Haneul. Sometimes we're sad and I know it breaks your heart to see us like that but... It hurts me 100 times more to see you like that too. 

 

Once you arrived back at your dorm, Kai brought out a few blankets and settled you down on the couch. 

'I'm just going to get changed. Want me to grab you a hoodie or something?'

You nodded. 'Thank you!'

As you flicked through the channels on the television, Kai went into your room. On your desk lay the box that Hyun-Ki had given you in the morning. He didn't open it. He knew it was your own private belongings and at most, he could ask what it was but if you didn't want to tell him, he'd leave it at that. Girls are complicated human beings, after all. On the floor lay a picture of you and Aaron. It was face down and Kai picked it up to put it on the desk. As he turned it and saw what it was, his heart dropped slightly. 

No way... Is that...?

In the box, there had been many photos of you and him together. This one happened to be a photo taken in a photobooth. His arm was around your shoulder and you were placing a kiss on his cheek. There were red hearts decorating the photo and the date told Kai that the photo was 2 years old. 

So she really did like him...

'Kai?...' 

You called Kai from the living room. What's taking him so long?... Kai came out of your room holding his Pancoat hoodie that he had given to you during your first week in Seoul. He threw it at you and it landed on your lap. Picking it up, you admired it. 

'Ah, my favorite hoodie...' you said, smiling as you pulled it over your head. 

Kai's heart warmed at that comment. He liked hearing you say sentimental things that were just about him. You could call it possesive but to Kai, it just showed him that someone in the world actually cared about him and not his elder brother. 

You carried on searching for a good programme to watch and eventually gave up, lying down to fall asleep. Kai watched you as you breathed heavily, chest moving up and down, mouth slightly parted, hair falling across your face. He could have stayed watching for a lifetime, you seemed so peaceful, but his phone rang and he ran to pick it up. He knew that ringtone from anywhere. It was Park Sunsengnim's. 

 

'Yoboseyo?'

You stirred a little. 

'Kai-ssi? Is that you?'

'Yeah, it's me, Park-ssaem.'

'Where the heck are you? You're supposed to be at this meeting!'

'I'm sorry, ssaem, but I really can't be there.' said Kai, cooly

'And why not?!'

The shout from the other end of the phone was enough to wake you. You opened one eye and saw the figure of Kai standing in front of you with his back facing you. He tapped his foot and it was obvious that he was ticked off about something. You kept your eyes shut and just focused on listening. 

'I'm looking after Haneul. She's a bit ill and I couldn't have her walking around the campus like a dead zombie, could I?'

You were about to jump up and strangle Kai but you bit your tongue. It's okay. he's only saying that to make it sound serious to Mr Park.

'Well since you weren't here, we've decided to have the speaker in. You'll need to attend, obviously and it would probably be best if the entire First Year attended...' 

Kai crossed over one arm and ran his fingers through his hair. You could tell he was agitated about something. 

'Why? Why do we need him?'

'He's the top of his game, that's why. Kai-ssi, look. It's just an hour. Fight it'

You head Kai sigh. 'Fine, Park Sunsengnim. I'm doing this for you though, because I owe you everything I have. It's only for you, though. No one else'

'Thank you, Kai-ssi. I'll treat you all to a meal tonight okay? And if Haneul's still ill, it can be tomorrow'

'Can we eat meat?'

'Indeed you can'

Kai thanked Mr Park and put down his phone. He slumped against the sofa and put his head between his knees. He looked like he was in despair but you pretended to be asleep in hope that eventually, you would actually fall asleep and you would wake up feeling a lot better. You managed to pass out and once Kai had checked that you were fully asleep, he snuck back into your room and pulled out the photo of you and Aaron again. 

'I'm not going to let you have her' he whispered to the photo. 'She left you once so she can leave you again'

He poked his head out of your door just to make sure you were sleeping. You let out a soft mumble which confirmed your unconciousness. 

'Don't think I'm going to go easy on you, Ahn Taejoon. The good guy always gets the girl and in this story, I'm the good guy.'

 

 



Kai fans, come holla and praise me! GOSH, how could Kai not be a love line? Jeeez, I'd be on my husband's crack if he wasn't...

A few of you have noticed that my updates are a lot shorter than my first fic... And that's because I'm currently writing 3 fics simulataenously. I'm working on Histories all the time, sentence by sentence (hence why before Sehun's history, I hadn't updated in AGES) and I'm also having to update this fic too ^^ The drama just hasn't exactly come into place yet but oh Oh OH, It'S COMING ANd YOU HAd BeST PREPARE WELL! BWqha!haha!

(oh and the 3rd fic I'm writing is the fic that I'm going to post after I've finished this sequel so look out for that! OHOHOHOHO I'M SO EXCITED ALREADY :D)