The Calm After The Storm

That Girl, Which Boy?

The following morning consisted of Huiling drying Suho's alcohol drenched books with a hair dryer and D.O frantically spraying the area with air freshener every five minutes to remove the reek of vodka.

'Oppa, I think that's enough spray for now' you had said

'We can't have people thinking we're binge drinkers or something like that! What if they can smell it from outside?'

'Yeah Haneul!' Sehun said, 'What if they start to think badly about us? Then what?'

You rolled your eyes. 'Please, Oh Sehun don't you start.'

Chanyeol was sentenced to sofa prison where he wasn't allowed to move and you highly doubted he even wanted to move given the amount of groaning and whining that came out of him whenever he even so much as touched the ice pack on his crotch area. His nose had gone slightly purply and Lay was given the task of applying an ointment and balm to it.

'It's always you that gets punched, isn't it?' He joked

'Ha ha, very funny.'

Chen spotted Kai limping around oddly and he too was put in sofa prison with both an ice pack and a heat pack, to interchange compresses.

'3... 2... 1... Lift!'

Tao and Kris had busied themselves with lifting up the heavy bookcase during the past half an hour. You had started to wonder if maybe you should help with it too but a few moments later, a triumphant 'done it!' rang through.

Baekhyun had control of the vacuum cleaner, hoovering up the bits of glass in Suho and Sehun's room. Tao and Kris had been forced into trainers with industrial soles by none other than yours truly so there was often the crunching of glass and a loud moan from Baekhyun.

'Tao, lift up your foot please. Great, thank you!.. No, don't put it there!'

Craack

'I hate you, Tao.'

'Haneul, can we take these shoes off now? Mine are squishing my toes.' Kris called as you suddenly appeared in front of him, catching him off guard and making him stumble back grabbing hold of Tao to steady himself 'Woah!'

'Be careful, hyung!'

'Baekhyun, is there still glass?' You asked, poking your head into the room

Tao and Kris both stood on top of the remaining pieces in a bid to hide them but the awful crushing sound under their feet gave them away instantly. You stuck out your tongue at their guilty looking faces whilst Baekhyun hit their feet with the vacuum head to move them.

'You're not taking those off until you're out of this room' you said, 'oh and nice shoes, Baek...'

Baekhyun had sported Sehun's Japanese samurai flip flops- a part of his costume for his assessment piece. They were wooden and had a sort of platform making them safe in your books for him to wear. The only problem was Baekhyun's ridiculous socks.

'Please tell me those aren't Pororo socks... I can see the blue and the yellow- Oh God, they aren't, are they?'

Baekhyun grinned as he lifted his trouser leg to show off the motif on the ankle of his socks.

'They're not mine though. They're Chanyeol's.'

'As if I'm going to believe that. Chanyeol only wears his grey socks and the fluffy ones unnie bought us all'

'Go ahead and ask him if you like'

You heard a groan from the living room and laughed, 'maybe next time.'

 

***

 

By lunchtime, the dorm had been cleared up and it was almost sparkling new. Suho's books smelt like peach and apricot, courtesy of consistent spraying on D.O's part. Chanyeol and Kai had both managed to change out of the pajama trousers and into a different pair of pant, still quite loose though mind you. Sehun used every opportunity to show you all his newly formed bruise on his leg and to be fair to him, it was rather impressive.

'It looks like a bunny rabbit' Baekhyun said

'It's an elephant more like' said Lay peering at it closely, 'Oh wait, I can sort of see a bunny... Nah, definitely an elephant'

'Hyung! That's mean!' Sehun cried out

'What's so mean about it? I'm just saying it how it is! Han- Huiling, come and see this.'

You got up at what was supposed to be the sound of your name. Huiling gently padded over to Sehun who was happy with all the attention he was getting and you stood there for a few seconds, wondering what to do.

I can't sit back down now, it'll look weird.

You went to your room instead, shutting the door behind you and fixing your messy bedsheets.

Actually maybe I should change these. I think I should give Xiumin a break from the housework.

You began stripping the sheets off of your duvet and pillows, before attacking the worst part- the mattress.

Why didn't he call me over? He was going to...

You threw your blanket and pillows into the corner of your room and catapulted yourself into the soft white mountain, snuggling down in the fluffiness.

I wonder is Xiumin is alright now... I can't imagine how he must feel.

And Suho too. We should probably go and visit him today.

It's my birthday tomorrow.

Why are you even thinking about your birthday, Haneul?! It's also Luhan's audition! And Suho's in hospital and Xiumin's got his drinking problems back and-

'Haneul? Is that you?'

 

You looked over to the door and saw Tao standing by it, one hand holding your jacket and the other on your door handle.

'Oh great, that is you. It took me a while to figure out where you were.'

You laughed softly as he came and sat down beside you.

'Woah, I didn't realise your blankets were so soft. Ours- Or at least mine are way lumpier than this'

'Mine are newer though, remember? You bought them when we moved dorm.'

'You're right!... Ah I miss the old dorm. Hey, I don't remember you being with us when we chose them... The hyungs had this huge argument over which one to buy you. Where were you?'

'I was back in London' you said sheepishly, 'you know... running away...'

Tao boomed with laughter, instantly shattering any cold image that he had ever portrayed. 'Oh my God, I remember! Wow. There were even more arguments about that!'

'Really?' You said

'Don't sound so shocked! Kris-hyung went crazy and tried to find you at the airport.'

'I didn't see him there'

'He may have gone to the arrivals terminal...' 

'What an idiot.'

'And I may have not been supposed to tell you that ever or else I would die before I can even say ramen...'

'Ramen... Nope, still alive. You're awful with keeping secrets.'

'That's because it's you and the hyungs. I know nothing bad will happen if I tell you.'

'Yeah, you're probably the only one willing to actually tell me things.' 

'The hyungs all mean well... But yes, no more secrets from you. I'll be telling you all my juicy gossip now!'

'You're awful, Tao!' you laughed

'I like my gossip just as much as Baekhyun! Do you know how much they bickered over who should go and get you?'

'They did?'

'Oh god, yes. Shall I tell you?' 

'I'm not going to stop you' you said, giggling a little

 

'Okay well Kai wanted to go because he sort of knew about your past the most from reading your file and all of that.'

'I wonder what it would have been like if I wasn't friends with Kai. Like, someone who isn't my friend would know all about my life and it's just a weird thought- Why are you shaking your head?'

'Park-ssaem told us we'd be looking after you. Obviously only Kai knew the whole story but yeah, you were sort of destined to be our friend'

'So Kai wasn't being friendly when he told me to live with you guys. He was just doing his job, I see-'

'No, that was a surprise. I didn't think he'd go so far but you know, I'm glad he did. It's nice having you in our dorm. I can't imagine what it'd be like without you... Anyway! Back to what I was saying, Kris-hyung obviously wanted to go because he speaks English so that kind of ruled Kai out.'

'But it wasn't Kris-'

'I'll get to that, don't worry. Everyone, including myself, were all up for hyung going especially as he was the first one to meet you but then Chen said he couldn't be trusted because of the whole getting the terminal wrong mix-up and then everyone agreed with him and well, yeah. Kris-hyung, out!'

'I can imagine this all, wow' 

Chen battering down Kris's ego gleefully and dancing all over it.

'Yeah and then Chen volunteered to go himself and hyung almost hit him, it was quite funny'

'I can definitely imagine this now.' 

'So what about the others? Did anyone else want to go?' 

'Luhan-hyung wanted to but he stepped down because he can't understand English.'

'Baekhyun can't either though' 

'But Luhan-hyung is like that. He steps down to give other people a chance to do something. It's probably his best and worst trait.'

'No, his worst trait is his 4D personality. Do you remember when he hit Yeollie on the head in Japan?' 

'It's always Chanyeol that gets hit' Tao laughed

'Poor Yeollie' 

'He deserves it'

'How!' 

'Before you arrived, he was legit a human sloth. Did absolutely nothing all day every day.'

'Really. That's an exaggeration Tao and you know it.'

'Okay fine, he did some stuff but not as much as now! He went to work on Friday's because Xiumin-hyung dragged him but that's all' 

'You're just jealous because you had to do all the dirty work with Sehun'

'I still do. It's not fair, you're the youngest!'

'I know'

'But you're a girl so'

'Yah! So what if I'm a girl?!' 

'You can't hit an oppa!'

'Oppa my !'

'You call Kai, oppa!'

'But he was the head of our school council. A very honourable role, you know.'

'I could woop your , Haneul'

'Try and see what happens' you said, smiling and pointing to the door

Tao sighed, 'Kris-hyung would probably lock me in the cupboard and not let me eat for a week if I tried to attack you'

'There you go'

Tao sighed again even louder, 'I really miss everyone... It's lonely without Luhan here and without Suho-hyung and Xiumin-hyung. Kris is the eldest now and I think he's feeling it. He's a lot more stressed. Even his skin isn't as good'

'The Kiss Me Kris fanclub must be quaking in their boots from their prince's non-perfect skin'

Tao laughed and playfully punched your arm.

'You always know how to make us feel better. You and your jokes' 

'I'm quite the miserable one too' 

'Well stay your happy self whilst we get through this. Suho-hyung probably needs as much support as he can get.'

'Speaking of which, are we going to see him?'

Tao nodded and handed you your jacket.

'Yep. Right now.' 

 

 

 


AH THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS! How cute is the dog?! My dream is that in the future when I have a hot boyfriend and we're living together (lol), we'll get a dog like this cutie and it'll be amazing. I also LOVE the names you guys gave me, particularly the japanese and korean ones. As promised, I'll be giving you karma as thanks ^^ It's not much but I hope you guys will appreciate it:

FIRST PLACE- 30 points

Haejeok- CHANnel0506

(love the name and it means pirate! how cute!)

 

SECOND PLACE- 20 points

Daiyu- Crazygirl101

(such a pretty name aigoo)

 

RUNNERS UP- 10 points

Syu- almightylove

Awa- Taemint17

(both japnese names and very easy to say! love that Awa means bubbles too!)

 

HONORARY MENTION- 15 points

Jiji- Fikyungsoo

(for giving a great name and always commenting!)

 

I shall gift the karma in a few hours time and I'll message you guys once it's done ^^ 

Thank you all for taking part!

 

On another note: just OTL

549048_536845029691669_1297405523_n.jpg

I mean Kris looks like an idiot, Chanyeol is being Chanyeol, Lay looks as short as Chen for some reason, Baekhyun and D.O are being the homo vocal line together and the rest have got some Sailor Moon pose going on or something

YOU ARE LIKE 20 YEARS OLD. STOP

and why aren't any of you wearing socks...

(Suho wins on being the most asian.)

 

and the most final note (I really am done now)

TEASER

 

alright maybe not done, I lied... comment on whether or not you liked the little Tao scene ^^ It's time to pay attention to those not in the love line before it gets REALLY love interest focused ooooh~ oh and how about Lay? Are you piiiiissed with Huiling yet? I think this chapter was a nice lighthearted piece of fun- a good break from all the bad drama right? Which was your favorite bit? (apart from the sailor moon picture of course)