Haneul's Birthday (Part 3)

That Girl, Which Boy?

'So are you going to be staying with us?' You asked your two friends

'No, we've got accomodation down in Hongdae.'

'Why are you here?'

'Ah Ri's brother is debuting soon so she's here for support. I'm here because I'm studying linguistics and I chose Korean and Chinese since they're similar to Japanese' said Maddie

'Oh you speak Japanese?' Sehun said

Maddie nodded, 'I'm half Japanese. Real name, Mariko'

'You can probably talk to a girl we know. She doesn't speak at all but maybe she'll converse with a Japanese speaker' said Kai

You were impressed with Maddie's Korean language. How she managed to grasp it so quickly was unbeknown to you.

'Your Korean is really good' said Chanyeol with a smirk, 'is it because of Baekhyun?'

'No, I picked it up from Ah Ri's sleeptalking. The Chinese came from Han'

'You sleep talk? I've never heard you sleep talk before?' Said Chanyeol

'Well why should you have?' Said Baekhyun with a grin, 'unless you've crept into Haneul's room and watched her like the creep I know you are'

'Just what are you insinuating!'

Kris raised his eyebrow at Chanyeol and mouthed 'busted'.

Maddie laughed, 'Han talks quite loudly. You can probably hear it from your room'

'I don't do it anymore' you said, 'not since I moved to Korea'

'Baek, can you bring me a drink?' Chanyeol said

'No!' Baekhyun shouted back 'What? Why?!'

'You called me a byuntae!'

'Okay I'm sorry for assuming your girlfriend was a stripper'

'She's not my girlfriend, you asswipe!'

'What are they saying? Are they talking about me?' Maddie asked

'Nothing. Never mind' Ah Ri quickly replied

Perhaps Maddie's Korean isn't that great but it's probably for the best. At least for Baekhyun's sake, that is.

 

The initial chaos that the food had caused in the dormitory eventually died down. It was replaced by soft murmurs of conversation which still, unfortunately, amounted to a lot of noise given the amount of people. If you had counted, you would have found that there were 17 people, including yourself.

'Presents?' Jinri said excitedly, clapping her hands like an intoxicated seal

'Yes! Open presents!' Jenny squealed, equally as excited

You were led to the spot in front of the small coffee table and sat down on a cushion. Beside you sat D.O and Lay and everyone else crowded around- sitting or standing.

'Open mine first!' Jinri said, hauling her box at you which Chanyeol managed to grab just before it hit you in the face

You slowly undid the ribbon, letting it fall into your lap. When you began to struggle a little with the vast amount of sellotape wrapped around the cardboard box, Lay took it from you and began to pick at it with his fingers at first, before turning to his teeth. You took the pink ribbon, took off your party hat, and tied it around your head. After a few struggles, Lay handed the box back to you and you slowly lifted up what was inside. Inside was a photo frame and in that photo frame was a picture taken on the day before the show.

You were both sat cross-legged at the floor of the studio rehearsal room, guitar at Jinri's side and lyric sheet in your hands. You had forgotten that Jenny had taken that photo. Picking up the frame, you traced the intricate edge.

'This is so pretty, Jinri-ah...' You said, 'where is it from?'

Jinri tapped the side of her pretty nose.

'Secret!'

You carried on rifling through your gifts- a voucher for a free haircut from the Seohee and Chen couple, a bedside lamp from the Jenny and Minwoo couple, a pretty t-shirt from Tao, and that wasn't all. Kris handed you a small box with a watch inside.

'Wow!' You said, genuinely surprised, 'you actually got me a gift?'

'Just say thank you' Kris snapped, half joking

'Oh dear, am I battering your ego? Does it hurt to have to buy me a present?' You cooed, earning yourself an icy glare

Kris ruffled your hair playfully, 'aish Haneul you brat. Happy birthday.'

'Be nice, Kris' Lay said, smiling.

It was the first time in a long while that Lay had actually directed some sort of conversation towards you. Still, you waited with baited breath as he rummaged inside his pocket for your present. With a look of confusion, he frantically pulled up his sleeves, breathing a sigh of relief when he saw 2 bracelets securely fastened around his wrist. After taking one off, he took your hand and gently slid it on, tightening it so it wouldn't fall off. 'One for you, one for me' he said You looked at your wrist and at the silver threaded bracelet. True, it was pretty but it was just a silvery leather material- not silver. It was a bracelet, not a necklace. It wasn't what you had expected.

Well doesn't Karma like to bite you like a . I shouldn't have opened that box if it wasn't for me.

Huiling passed you her present- a small cystalline sculpture of a bird. It was about the size of your thumb but it looked like it cost a lot of money. You gasped when you saw it and immediately thanked her for her present.

It was then that you saw the necklace adorned around her neck. The 'H' rested nicely on her chest plate, highlighting her collarbones perfectly. You gulped a little, feeling rather silly for assuming the present was for you. You weren't exactly jealous. It was just that you couldn't understand why Lay would give Huiling a much more expensive present, despite it not being any sort of occasion for her.

 

Sehun dumped his present in front of you on the table, breaking your chain of thought. It landed with a loud thud and Ah Ri shrieked in surprise.

'What on earth is that?!'

You inspected it and turned to Sehun who was acting indignant and bratty.

'Oh please. You didn't... Did you?'

'I don't know what you're talking about, Haneul'

Quickly unwrapping the paper, you were met face to face with a familiar object.

'Basic cooking for dummies...' You read aloud, '... Hey! I can cook!'

'Just like I can speak Japanese!'

'Yeah, now you can! But you were a dummy before I got that book for you!'

'Well you're a cooking dummy!'

'Am not!'

'Prove it then!'

'I will! Tomorrow!'

D.O gave you a worried nudge and you tried to smile at him reassuringly.

'Oppa, you can be with me in the kitchen. I'm sure to feel safer with you around me too'

'We can make dinner together tomorrow. Sound good?'

'Sounds great!'

Kai cleared his throat. 'You know, speaking of food is making me hungry. Anybody want cake?'

'Me!' Everyone shouted in unison

'We can carry on with present opening later' Kris said, fetching the matches

You were about to turn off the main lights when there was a ring from the doorbell.

'Who could that be?...' Chanyeol asked, 'Noona said she wouldn't be able to come... Do we even have any other friends? Baek, did you invite someone?'

'Nope, it wasn't me' 

 

You shrugged, reached for the latch and opened the door.

'What the...'

'Aloha'

'Luhan?'

You could feel yourself beaming from ear to ear. Luhan was standing in front of you in a hawaiian shirt and sunglasses- his suitcase beside him. You then noticed the next person beside him.

'Xiumin?'

Xiumin was beside him, not dressed in a hawaiian t-shirt and actually looking normal. He appeared to have thinned out a little, despite only being away for a day or so but his sparkle in his eyes was back.

'Did you really think I wouldn't be here for the special girl's birthday?' Luhan said, taking his sunglasses off. He still looked like an idiot though in his shirt.

'I didn't hurt you, did I?...' Xiumin added, 'Chanyeol, is your nose alright? Apparently I hit you...'

Chanyeol nodded, 'you didn't break it hyung. That's all that matters, right?'

'And no one asks about my injury' said Kai

'That's because you got hit in an awkward place' Chen replied, 'no one wants to talk about crotches'

'Aren't you going to come in?' Kris said smiling, 'or is this no longer your home, Luhan? Moving to... Hawaii?'

Luhan shook his head.

'I'm coming back home. As of tonight. I'm back.'

You reached forward and hugged him tightly. Picking you up slightly, he held onto you even more.

'Happy birthday.'

Sehun walked out of the bathroom and noticed everyone crowding around the door.

'Hey! What's everyone looking at? Who is it?' He jumped up and saw a flash of color. 'Who's the one in the ugly shirt?' 

The crowd seperated like the Red Sea and Sehun was stood face to face with Luhan.

'Hyung...' 

'Hi'

'Why are you here?' 

'I'm coming back home, Sehun-ah'

'What?' 

'I'm back.' 

'For good?' 

'For good.' 

'I'm glad you're back. We missed you' 

Luhan smiled, 'I missed you too. Are you going to give me a hug?' 

Sehun shook his head and Luhan's smile dropped.

'What? Why?' 

Crossing his arms, Sehun began walking away much to Luhan's horror.

'Not until you've taken off that hideous shirt, hyung.'

 

 

 



Oh Sehun you brat.

squeezing in a short update! It's only a semi-hiatus after all ;)

 

side note// 0.1% from my collection of favorite cute photos from 2013 Dream Concert

twinned poison | do not edit.sehunzzang | do not edit.lose your mind | do not edit.made in heaven | do not edit.dear one | do not edit.

someone tell me why Baekhyun is just the cutest thing EVER at Dream Concert omg sob THAT RED T-SHIRT AND CAP COMBO OH YOU