Thinking Things Out

That Girl, Which Boy?

extra long chapter to celebrate! someone copied my work, uploaded it to wattpad but it was taken down today after I sent them a message!



 

'Are you an idiot?!' Jinri cried

She had to stop herself from hurling the entire contents of her flask at you.

'Even I can't believe you're moving out,' said Seohee, 'and my boyfriend lives with you so technically, I should hate your guts.' 

'Are you sure you're doing the right thing, Haneul-ah? It just seems a bit hasty, that's all' Jenny said cautiously

You nodded assertively. 'I feel bad that they get so worried about me all the time. It's fine. Once everything has died down a little, I'll move back in.' 

'And you really think Taejoon will just let you go?' said Jinri harshly. Her sharp tone stung a little. 'Haneul, think about this! You've said yes to living with your ex again. Isn't that implying that you want to get back together?' 

'No?' 

'Well, yes. It is.'

'It's true. Minwoo and I live together' said Jenny

'And I'd live with Jongdae if I could. Unfortunately I'm living with my parents but given the chance, I'd be out of there in a second.'

'Maybe you should take my place' you joked

'Maybe I should.'

'No but in all seriousness, Haneul, this is dangerous. If you have no intention of rekindling your romance with Taejoon, I would back out now before he gets the wrong idea.' 

'Jinri-ah, it's fine!' 

'Aish, when will you see that it's not fine?! Don't play around with him like that!'

Jinri got up and stormed off. You looked at Jenny and Seohee who were equally as speechless. 

'Oh Christ, I didn't think she'd get that worked up about it...' Jenny said quietly

'The two of them are really close friends, aren't they? She's probably just worried about him, that's all,' Seohee said, patting your back, 'Jinri's a really good friend to Taejoon.' 

You groaned.

I, on the other hand, am an awful friend.

 

***

 

'Shin Haneul! Why the hell are you late?!' Jaemin barked

'Oppa, don't shout at me. I'm not in the mood- these are tough times.'

'Tough?! Tough?! What could be so tough that you arrive to practice late again?!'

You sat down beside your captain and watched your team swim endless laps up and down the pool.

'Haneul... Are you alright there, buddy?' 

'I don't know what to do, oppa' 

'Want to talk? We can go somewhere private if you want to?' 

'Really?' 

'Of course. Come on, meet me out by the gates in 5 minutes and I'll take you somewhere nice. You'll love it.'

 

5 minutes later, Jaemin turned the corner and came rushing out of the building. He had changed out of his ludicrous swim coach outfit and flipflops to a more sophisticated get up of jeans and a polo shirt. 

'You got a lesson later?' 

'Nope. It's a research day today.' 

'Perfect. I know the best place ever but its a bit out. How do you feel about me driving us?'

'That'd be great!'

When you arrived at the cafe, you were amazed to find that it was a traditional English tea shop. There were tarts and sandwiches on a tiered cake stand and a seperate stand for scones, cream and jam.

'Jaemin-oppa, this is incredible.' 

'Isn't it just? I used to come here with my parents and Jinri all the time but now that we've moved more into the city, it's only on rare occasions that I'll come back.'

'And today is a rare occasion?'

'You look a little down, that's all. Thought this place might cheer you up since you were brought up in England, right?' 

You said nothing about the fact that you had only lived in England for a few years before arriving suddenly in Korea. 

There are some things people don't need to know.

The waitress poured the tea into two cute and quaint tea cups.

'So what's up? Tell me everything.'

'Jinri's mad at me' 

'Why's my sister angry at you? What've you done?' 

'Well... I' moving out of my dorm and into Taejoon's room since we're old friends but she said I'm implying that I'm getting back together with him. She made it seem like I'm a heartless because I'm following Park Sunsengnim's orders.'

'This is Ahn Taejoon, I presume' 

'He's in Jinri's class' 

'Yeah, I know the one. He came over for dinner a few weeks ago. Do you want to get back together with him?' 

'I... I don't know. It's just all so sudden him arriving. I pretty much prepared myself to never see him again. I have no idea what I'll do.'

'Then I suggest not moving into his room. Why are you moving out in the first place?'

'Park Ssaem said it would be better for me since things like this-' 

You lifted your hair and Jaemin winced from the purply black bruise that had formed.

'-keeps happening to me.'

'I heard about that. Wasn't sure whether or not you wanted to talk about it so I didn't mention it,' said Jaemin quietly, 'are you alright?'

'Everyone keeps asking me this. I'm fine. Honest'

'I believe you'

You both carried on eating in silence until you found a pleasant pause to voice another question.

'So do you think I should stay with the guys?'

Jaemin nodded, sipping his tea. 'That poor Taejoon kid will be heartbroken if you move in then tell him you don't like him in that way. I'm just looking out for a brother, that's all.'

'Yeah... I understand what you're saying... And you're probably right'

Jaemin took a look at your crestfallen face.

Cheer up, Haneul. Perk up a little- for those guys you live with.

'Of course I'm right. I'm Jaemin, your number one oppa. If I'm not right then who is?'

'Don't get big headed now!'

'Big headed? Who? Me? Never!'

You both fell about laughing. 

'Thanks, Jaemin. This has really cheered me up.'

'Anytime, Haneul. Just make sure you stop being late to practice. You owe me now.'

'Ah, I see. This was all just your trap to make me feel guilty, wasn't it?' you said.

'Indeed it was,' Jaemin replied with a wink.

 

***

 

As Luhan stepped out of the company's building, he was surprised to see a familiar face waiting for him.

'Hyung...'

'Sehun? Why are you here?'

'Hyung, can we talk?'

'I... I have practice, Sehun-ah'

'Oh...'

'What is it?'

'Haneul's moving out.'

'What?'

'She's moving out... Out of the dorm.'

'What? Where to?... And why?'

'She's moving in with Taejoon-hyung because Park Ssaem says it's better for her'

'What is he on about?'

'There was a fight yesterday, hyung. Between the guys that hate Lay and Baekhyun and Chanyeol and Taejoon. Haneul was the one caught up in the chase at the beginning but the hyungs managed to get to her.'

Luhan couldn't believe his ears. 'Wait so what happened?'

'I don't know the details of the fight but the boys are gone now. Haneul's got a bruise on her forehead and I think Chanyeol's hurt everywhere too. He keeps pulling faces whenever he moves. Taejoon-hyung also had a bandage around his waist last night'

'That stirrer.'

'Hyung, don't be mean about Taejoon-hyung. He's actually a really nice guy.'

'Sehun!'

'He is!'

'Then are you okay with him living with Haneul?'

'Well no... But it's not because he's horrible. It's because I'm selfish and I want a family.'

'That's not selfish at all, Sehun-ah. We all want a family. We need a family. That's why everyone is so angry back at the dorm. The bonds we make as a family are being threatened to be broken now.'

'H-How do you know what it's like back at home?'

'Xiumin called me yesterday when you took off to ask if you had come to find me.'

'Ah...'

 

Luhan patted Sehun's head.

'Look, I understand why you ran off like that. Honestly, I do. But think about the guys. Think about Haneul. At this moment and time, don't you think you should all be sticking together to get her to stay?'

'Hyung... You still like her, don't you?'

'It's impossible so I don't think about it. So long as I'm here and she's there- it's impossible.'

'Only if you believe it.'

'So you're still rooting for me?' Luhan smiled when Sehun nodded. 'The one stuck in trainee life without permission to leave is the one you're going to support?'

'I'll always root for you. Aja aja fighting!'

Luhan embraced Sehun in a warm hug. 'Thank you, Sehun-ah... But I should tell you something. I gave up on her-'

'You did what?! Why?'

'There are other people that like her-'

'Yeah. Like Taejoon-hyung. You can beat him!-'

'No, there's more than just Taejoon. It's complicated, Sehun but I told them they could have her. I can't retract it.'

Sehun stared at Luhan in shock. 

'Luhan, what is wrong with you? What is Haneul to you?'

'What?'

'Is she something you can just pass to another guy?! Is that all she means to you?! You can't just do that to people! 'They can have her'?! What even is that?! Listen to yourself!'

'Sehun, that's not what I meant'

'Hyung, think about your happiness!'

'I am happy! I'm doing what I want! Sehun-'

'Talk to me when you know what you want!'

Sehun stormed off leaving Luhan outside his company's building, all alone. 

 



I must reiterate: I do not tolerate plagiarism or copy. Take my work and you die.