Hyeon Sik

I will be fine no matter what!

 

 

Flashback

 

Min Yeon’s POV

I was with the manager in the kitchen. It was so awkward!

I work in this shop for a few weeks but I still don’t feel comfortable with this manager! He looks strict and mean… Fortunately Hyeon Sik-sshi told me that he wasn’t a cold or a mean person. He just tries to get respect from us! However, I feel still awkward with him.

-Min Yeon-sshi?

-Ne!? I replied very quickly

-Bring that cake to the third table! Then make me some coffee! You know how to do it now, right?

-Ne manager-nim! I learnt from Hyeon Sik-sshi!

-Great. You can go now!

-Ne! I bowed and left the kitchen

This job stresses me out but for the moment it’s not unbearable!

I quickly reached the table number 3 and gave her order:

-Here’s your order! Do you need anything else?

-No it will be enough.

-Ne! I bowed and turned back to the counter.

Then I saw a strange scene!

Something was wrong! Hyeon Sik-sshi was glaring at a customer with wide eyes! Suddenly his dumbfounded face turned into an angry face! His hands were shaking!  

I must do something…

I ran next to him and grabbed his arm; he looked at me with a surprise expression:

-Hyeon Sik-sshi! The manager is calling for you! Hurry up or he is going to kill me because I forgot to tell you! I pouted

It made him smile, but it was a bitter smile… a painful one… I could feel his deep pain…

I pushed him slowly in the kitchen and went back to the counter:

-Annyeonghaseyo customer nim! What did you order?

-Huh? Nothing…I… was wondering when Hyeon Sik Oppa will finish work…

-Not now! I cut her words off He’s busy now! If you want to talk to him, it will be great if you do it on his free time. I bowed and went back to the kitchen.

Hyeon Sik-sshi is someone who laughs every time! I never saw him angry… What did she do to him?

 

 

----------------------------

 

-I’m leaving first! You did a good job today! See you tomorrow guys! Said the manager

I bowed and he added:

-Don’t forget to lock the door twice, ok?

-Ne manger-nim! I bowed again

Then he left.

The shop was empty!

Where is Hyeon Sik-sshi?

I walked to the kitchen and found him there with a blank expression!

-Hyeon Sik-sshi!

He didn’t answer so I walked a little more in his direction and tried again to take his intention:

-Hyeon Sik-sshi!

No answer! Then I decided to go closer to him. I took his arm and while I was shaking it I said:

-HYEON.SIK.SSHI!

He jumped and looked at me, finally realizing my presence.

-Min Yeon-sshi! You were here… sorry, I was thinking about something…Where is the manager?

-Manager-nim is already gone.

-Ow I see, and you? Why didn’t you leave the shop already?

-I wanted to check on you… You seemed absent-minded since you saw this girl…

He didn’t say anything. I felt very worried for him… What should I do to help me?

-Do you want to talk about?

-I…

He was hesitating.

-You don’t have to, you know. I was just wondering what made you mad… I’m not curious usually but I’m just worried, I guess.

-Thanks!

Then he did something I didn’t expect… he hugged me! My eyes grew even bigger when I heard him sobbing

-A-Are you alright?

I waited few minutes before hearing his answer:

-I came 2 years ago in Seoul. I wasn’t supposed to come here! I thought that I will be happy with my girlfriend, in my hometown but… It was just a dream!

-The girl I saw earlier? It’s her, your ex-girlfriend?

He went away of me and sat down on the cold floor.

-It was raining but I missed her so much! I felt bad because I didn’t see her for 2 days, so I thought that if I saw her before sleeping I will feel better… She was alone in her house… I mean, she was without her family but not on her own actually! She was having fun with a brat...

His tears ran down his cheeks… I felt so bad for him. He must have suffered a lot!

I sat down next to him and gave him a side hug.

-I understand now… Don’t think about it! I mean… she made you suffer…you shouldn’t think about bad person!

I couldn't find words! I was so bad at cheering up people!

He suddenly laughed loudly

-You’re like my little cousin seriously!

-Chincha?

-Yeah she is 5 years old!

-Oh!

I looked on the floor and pouted.

-Don’t be like that! It’s just that you look like a cold person at first but when we learn more about you, we discover, every day, a new side of your personality! It’s amazing!

-Thanks a lot Hyeon Sik-sshi…?

I wasn't sure if it was positive or negative!

Suddenly I wondered something about his family.

-Where is your family?

-It’s another story… It’s also because of them that I’m here today, in front of you…

 

End

 

I learned later that after that his girlfriend chatted on him, his mother died because of a cancer… It broke him and he decided to live a new life and realized his dream… become a chef! 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the chapter special Hyeon Sik!

Boring isn't it? Sorry I feel a little sick... I have a big headache! 

I'm very very sorry~