Damage That's Been Done

Cobwebs in my Heart

 

You ran out the company crying; don’t care where you were going but just kept running. You heard Minyoo running after you but you didn’t stop; not wanting to hear what she will have to say for the secret that you just exposed that you hid from her, your best friend. She grabbed your arm from behind as you ran into an empty park. “Stop right there Shin Sunkyung!” She rarely used you full name but when she was truly angry, she was scary. “What the hell was that Sunnie?! What did you just say! Did you know what you just did? You just made everything over dramatic and unnecessary, and you broke someone’s heart, someone who loves you very much!” you cried hard and she shook you angrily. “Tell me, WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!” She screamed at you and you kept on crying. Then she started crying too and said, “How did things become like this? I hate those people who ruined our perfect lives…” You apologised again to her and her head snapped up. You’ve never seen her so cold, unapproachable and angry.

“I don’t need your apologies, HE needs your apologies.” Minyoo jabbed her finger towards the direction of the company while you kept your head down and cried. “I don’t even know what you were thinking back there…” Honestly, you don’t either. Minyoo sighed and hugged you close. “Oh I give up; I’m your best friend for god’s sake! If I don’t stick with you, then who do I stick with? Stop crying now, and be strong. I will support you no matter what your decision is but you’ve got to do something about Sehun oppa, are you really going to leave Korea like this?” You shook your head then nodded again. She sighed and dragged you towards the direction of your apartment. “I think I will call this a day, besides, we have to start packing for you. For god’s sake let’s not talk about this anymore; it will ruin my mood for my date with Jongmin oppa tonight.” You kept quiet and she sighed again before you two made your way home.

---

For the rest of practice, I was like a zombie, constantly forgetting my moves, the formations and basically… everything. The others knew how hurt I was so they tried to be cheerful and stopped mentioning Sunkyung and everything but it just feels different now. I sighed as we were taking a break, putting my towel over my eyes to hide the tears that were painfully falling. “Hey maknae, you alright buddy?” D.O hyung came up to me and patted me on the shoulder. I murmured a yes and ignored him; he sighed and walked away while I just stayed where I was. I’ve got to do something about this, I can’t let Sunkyung just leave my life like this because then we will both regret it and feel the hurt forever. I stood up and took a deep breath. The others watched me closely and carefully, not wanting to say or do something that will upset me.

“So… who is going to see Sunkyung off at the airport with me the day after tomorrow?” The others were surprised at this sudden question but then smiled and one by one, raised their hands in the air.