Chapter 14

Cobwebs in my Heart

You’ve started to work in SM almost immediately and you are really enjoying it. You are also closer to the EXO oppas as well which you are glad of. Even Sehun opened up to you more and is now pretty comfortable around you, being himself. You’ve got everything organised and you are always on time but there is just one thing, you still haven’t found a partner to take to the dance (cocktail) party. You still didn’t know who to ask and Minyoo’s been bugging you every single day and you were getting just a little bit annoyed.

You sighed as you got out of the design room after hours of hard work, working on EXO’s newest look. You walked towards the office of the managers. You had to ask for a night off to go to the party but you were a bit nervous that the manager wouldn’t let you go. Calm down Sunkyung, you told yourself, he is quite nice… You hope you were right. As you arrived outside his office, you immediately knocked, waiting to get this over and done with.

“Come in,” the same deep voice said. You pushed the door open and revealed yourself. When the manager saw you, a kind smile appeared on his face and he beckoned you inside. “So, how is my favourite stylist and make-up artist?” You smiled awkwardly and sat down. “So, what brings you here?” You swallowed and spoke. “Well, I was hoping to get a night off on Friday to go to a celebration party for the success of my fashion demonstration.” He laughed at how nervous you were and said, “Of course you can, have fun! You did do really well on that day, I saw so you should have a good celebration of your success.” You smiled, feeling the big stone in your heart drop. You thanked the manager and walked out the office, feeling much more cheerful and light.

You weren’t looking as you skipped around the corner and collided with someone. You felt yourself trip and tried to grab onto something but there were nothing. The ground zoomed up on you and you squeezed close your eyes, waiting for the pain but none came. You slowly edged open your eyes and saw a pair of strong arms holding you up. Looking up, you saw Sehun holding you. You were a bit surprised but quickly realised the intimate position you guys are in and blushed. You quickly got up and tried apologising. He laughed and assured you it was fine.

“Where were you? We thought we were going to see you but you disappeared for the day.” He pouted slightly. You laughed at his silliness and said, “Well, I’m sorry, I went to design for your new looks and then asked for a night off.” “A night off?” Sehun looked confusingly at you and you nodded. “Yep, I have this cocktail dance party for celebrating the success of the demonstration that day at the mall so I won’t be here Friday night.” You sighed a little. “So, what’s wrong then? You look a bit frustrated instead you should be feeling excited.” “I want to feel excited as well but the thing is I need a partner to go with me, a guy, and he doesn’t have to be from my university. But I don’t know who to go with and the party is coming up and I’m running out of time and Minyoo’s been bugging me every single day, telling me to get a date.” Because EXO and you have had some time together so now even Sehun opened up to you and returned to his cheerful and immature self.

You guys were both silent before Sehun whispered, looking a bit shy. “Well… if you don’t mind… I mean, IF you don’t… I could go with you… Like I mean, I would love to go with you but if you don’t want…” Before he could finish, you had jumped up and hugged him, laughing. “That would be great; I don’t know why I didn’t think of asking you before.” He smiled at you and you blushed a little because you didn’t know what came over you as you hugged him. “Anyways, I…eh… have to go; I will pick you up at about 5.” You smiled and him and nodded, too excited to talk.

As you made your way home, you don’t know how to describe this feeling… this feeling of excitement when you see Sehun, the urge to smile when he’s smiling. Wanting to laugh when he is being immature and wanting to talk to him all day long. You shook your head, trying to get rid of these thoughts. Do I actually like Sehun oppa more than a friend? You vaguely asked yourself but were too startled with this idea that you quickly put it out of your head. No, you thought, he is just a really good friend that’s all.


A/N: hope u all like my story so far, continue supporting me plz!! ^-^