What You Must Do...

Cobwebs in my Heart

 

That night, you couldn’t stop crying. There is nothing you would fear the most than leaving your perfect life behind and return to the shadow that you were in before, lonely and empty again, with the shadows of your parents’ death haunting you forever. You thought about all the EXO boys, Minyoo and all those good memories that you all had together, more tears fell and the wound in your heart seems like it has been ripped open again. Then your thoughts turned to Sehun, who is most important to you now than ever. What would his reaction be when you tell him at the last minute? Mad or upset? You shook the thoughts away, not wanting to imagine the hurt expression on Sehun’s face when you do tell him. You tossed and your bed, unable to go to sleep and stop your tears from flowing. You hugged Pumpkin the teddy that Sehun got you for your birthday close and took in the familiar scent of Sehun that was left on the bear.

The next morning, you woke up with red and swollen eyes. You got out of bed groggily and opened the door. Minyoo just got out of the bathroom and looked at you. She was in no better conditions than you, with a pair of equally red and swollen eyes. She bit her lips and forced a smile onto her face before giving you a stiff hug. “I will cook today, so wash up while I get breakfast ready and going. We have to go to the company because I have to work on the boys’ next costume…” You know what she was thinking and you stared at her hard, “Do not tell them, I beg of you… just stick to our plan ok?” She grimaced and turned around. “I know I know I will…” She replied harshly before making her way downstairs. You sighed and went into the bathroom. You locked the door and the shower. Soon, the bathroom was fogging up. You looked into the fogged up mirror, it made your face seem blurred but at least you don’t look so bad in the mirror because of all the fog.

You made your way downstairs after washing up and the breakfast was already on the table and Minyoo was already seated with her food in front of her but you realised she never really touched it but just poked it around with her chopsticks. You tried to be cheerful as you pulled out a chair and sat down. “That looks really good, I gotta admit, your cooking skills are getting better.” She scowled and hissed, “For your information missy, I can cook perfectly fine now and then…” You gave a stiff laugh and fell silent. After a while, Minyoo put down her chopstick and stared at you seriously. “When are you leaving?” You were surprised by this sudden question but answered, “In about 2 days…” You both fell silent again. “I think you should tell the guys… I mean, they are really good to you, do you really want to lie to them and hurt them?” You sighed and shook your head. “I don’t want to hurt them… maybe you are right, I should tell them today…”

You both put the dirty plates in the sink and went upstairs. Before you went into your room to prepare, Minyoo came up to you and gave you a hug while she whispered. “I don’t know when you are coming back but I’m just going to say no matter when you come back, we will always be here waiting for you.” You smiled a sincere smile at her and hugged her back, “I know, after all, you are my best friend, you all are…” You both went into separate bedrooms and when you shut the door, you fell into a heap on the ground, crying…