*****Strikes Again... But Failed!

Cobwebs in my Heart

 

I can’t believe she made it! We were so happy for her and rushed up to her at once after the manager announced the news. She looked really shocked and is rooted to the spot. I stepped up to her and shook her gently with the biggest grin on my face. She looked at me blankly but suddenly tears filled her eyes. “I did it Sehun oppa! Omo, I thought I did really bad or something.” I laughed and hugged her. “Of course you wouldn’t fail and we were all watching you so it was fine!” “And you singing was gorgeous, you never told us you can really belt out the high notes.” Suho hyung came up and smiled while she giggled and wiped the remaining tears off her face.

“Yeah, I just realised that you guys have never actually really heard me sing a song. Especially such challenging ones like IU’s” “But it was wonderful, absolutely wonderful. If IU was here herself, she would complement you like so as well.” The manager stepped up and said. Her eyes shone and she thanked the manager. As the manager walked out, someone else walked in. It was just as I feared; Sunrie was standing there with a nasty grin on her face. She walked straight up to Sunkyung and no one noticed, not even Sunkyung. I just had enough time to pull Sunkyung close when Sunrie was about to grab her, a dangerous fire dancing in her eyes. Everyone turned to her and slowly, each member’s face dropped.

“What are you doing here Sunrie? And what was the meaning of trying to grab Sunkyung in this manner?” Suho hyung stepped forward and glared at Sunrie. She turned to him and put on a sickly sweet smile before replying, “I was just trying to congratulate her oppa, she did get loads of complements and she wouldn’t want to miss mine.” “She could so totally miss yours; she doesn’t need you to give her a stab in the back. And besides, it’s not like your opinion matters amongst us, after all… ” I commented hotly while looking at Sunkyung with a cheeky grin, “We are all better than you!” Sunrie’s face turned beetroot red and she glared at Sunkyung before turning around to Suho hyung again with puppy eyes.

“Oppa!” “Don’t expect me to stand up for you Sunrie because what you did disgusts me. We don’t own you anything and neither does Sunkyung so we don’t have to do things that please you. Especially when you are not so courteous yourself.” Each member nodded and looked disappointingly at Sunrie. She glared and stepped up to Sunkyung. Before any of us can react, she had pushed Sunkyung to the floor. Sunkyung landed with a thud and sat there dazed. “You will pay for all this…” Sunrie then stormed out the practice room and slammed the door while we ran forward to see if Sunkyung was hurt. “That !” Chanyeol commented and Sunkyung sighed.

“Maybe you should have been nicer oppas, you still have your reputation to gain and stuff… and besides, I need to see her at school…” “Oops, but don’t worry Sunkyung-ah, that kind of person would only be disliked by everyone and if they knew that we were just sticking up for an awesome friend, they will let it pass and instead, turn their hate on Sunrie and let her get what she deserves. I don’t know how you can still stand up for her after she so roughly pushed you,” Baekhyun hyung came up and shook his head while patting Sunkyung on her shoulder and she smiled. “You are probably right, and now is not the time for sulking, it’s time for celebration! Nothing can make me feel bad today, not even Sunrie…” We all smiled at Sunkyung who is already back to her cheerful self. “Let’s have dinner together, call on Minyoo-shi as well, so we can really celebrate.” She smiled and nodded at Lay before pulling out her phone.