Chapter 18

Cobwebs in my Heart

“To the great hall!” Sehun shouted dramatically and you giggled at his silliness. He’s so immature, you thought as he chuckled uncontrollably. In a flash, you arrived at school and because you were having so much fun, you didn’t realise that you were already here until Minyoo nudged you and pointed to the door, signalling you to get off. Sehun was already outside, waiting by the door. Taking your hand, he gently led you down and you both walked towards the hall with Minyoo and Jongmin following behind. Once you entered the hall, you were almost blinded by the bright light. Slowly, your eyes adjusted to the light and you gasped for the hall was decorated beautifully with flowers and jewelleries that made everything sparkle and come to life. A lot of couples were already on the dance floor, doing slow dances and enjoying the night.

You were a bit parched so you decided to head over to the refreshment table to grab a drink and also to drop off the things you guys brought. “Hey, I will come with you,” Sehun insisted and you smiled before nodding. “You guys go and have fun, we will join you later,” You said to Minyoo and Jongmin and they disappeared almost immediately. You shook your head and laughed to yourself before you made your way towards Sehun. “You love to laugh to yourself don’t you? Going a bit around the bend are we?” Sehun teased you good naturedly and you poked your tongue out at him and smacked him lightly.

“Sehun oppa, what are you doing here?” You recognise that voice well. When you saw Sehun starts to tense, you knew it was her. Sunrie walked up to you and glared while she smiled sweetly to Sehun and started to flirt almost immediately. You rolled your eyes and are about to walk away when she grabbed your wrists and yanked you back. “Let go of her at once!” Sehun hissed while you just stared at her. “I was just about to teach her some manners; doesn’t she know how to respect her sunbae? I was just going to say hi anyways.” “You don’t deserve any respect so let go!” Sehun oppa grabbed your hand and pulled it away from Sunrie before walking off, dragging you behind him, leaving a bewildered Sunrie behind.

“Oppa… stop…” He was gripping your wrist too hard that it was starting to hurt. You have no choice but to follow him. He took you to the other side of the room and sat down. You cautiously sat down beside him and stared at him worriedly. He looks really pissed off, what do I say? You mentally slapped yourself and tried to act normal. “I hate it how she treat you badly, I mean, seriously, how can you put up with that all the time?” You lowered your head and spoke softly, “Well, I’m used to it; besides, I’ve been through a lot before so this is nothing. I mean, come on, my parents are not even here anymore…” You covered your mouth in horror. What did you just say that for? You looked at Sehun and saw him staring at you softly. “Why didn’t you tell any of us before? Does anyone else know?”

You nodded and looked at Minyoo who was dancing and laughing with Jongmin. “She does, she is the only that knows though. I didn’t tell because I thought even if I told you guys, nothing would change, my parents would still be dead and I didn’t want you guys to feel sympathy for me. Besides, I didn’t want you to think that I was pathetic and weak. I wanted to move on and I thought by hiding it, it might help but it just hurt more, especially when I’m alone. Minyoo had always been here for me, she was my best friend since kindergarten and she was the only one who understood me…” You choked on your words as a sob escaped you.

You blinked, trying hard not to cry because you promised your parents that you would be strong no matter what and so far, you’ve failed at trying to keep the promise. All this time, Sehun just sat there and listened, losing his immatureness for once and became serious. Then you felt a pair of strong, warm and comforting arms holding you close. You closed your eyes and took in the smell of cologne of Sehun’s and relaxed. He stood up, making you surprised. “Come, dance with me, tonight, you are going to forget everything sad and you are going to enjoy this night with me.” You took his hand and he pulled you into the middle of the dance floor.

His hand slowly found your waist and you put your arms on his shoulders while you both swayed to the music. You put your head on his chest and sighed. You were glad that he didn’t say anything; this was enough for you, being with him makes you content. Minyoo and Jongmin silently watched both of you. So she told him then? She thought as she smiled, Sehun is a good guy; you made a good choice of who to trust. Minyoo thought and looked at how close you two were. You’ve always been the one hurting; it’s time for a change Sunnie. Minyoo smiled and wished you luck one more time before turning her attention back to Jongmin.

Sunrie was sitting by the table and gritting her teeth. She hated the way you were close to the EXO oppas and Sehun oppa. She couldn’t let you continue being this way. She stood up and made her way to the bathroom. She needed to come up with a plan to hurt you… but little did she know, she will never get a chance to.