Chapter 19

Cobwebs in my Heart

The rest of the party was a blur to you. All you could remember was the soft, mesmerising eyes of Sehun’s and how it felt when you were close to him. You didn’t know how long you guys have been on that dance floor but you just know that it was the most memorable moment ever. Once you both got really tired, he led you back to the table and you both sat down.  You were a bit flushed because of all the dancing you did but you were glad you didn’t sweat that much that could cause your make-up to run.

“Great dancing skills you’ve got there,” Sehun said while fanning himself. You laughed and said, “Give me a break! That was nothing, that wasn’t even real dancing, just a bit of swaying here and there. You haven’t seen me dance or heard me sing yet!” He smiled, making you feel fuzzy inside. “Maybe I should see you dance and hear you sing… Mm… maybe you could become a trainee instead of being our stylist and make-up artist? If you are good enough, I’m sure that the manager would agree.” You shook your head.

He must be dreaming, you thought. How could I become a trainee? I am pretty ordinary and I haven’t practiced my dancing and singing in weeks. There is no way you’d be good enough. “You are not talking sense Sehun oppa, I’m not good enou…” before you could finish, Sehun put a finger on your lips, making you blush a little. “Don’t ever say you are not good enough because you are and you know it.” He gave you a killer smile and looked around the hall. “Anyways, I will tell the manager to hold an individual audition with you so you better start practising because I’m thinking of telling him very soon…”

You rolled your eyes fell into your thoughts. Being a trainee and one day debut like Sehun oppa is too good to be true. Even though you love fashion and make-up, you can’t see yourself doing it for the rest of your life like your parents have. You want to do something different and challenging and… fun! You hope that your parents would approve if they are alive but… You shook those thoughts away and looked around, trying to find Minyoo. It’s alright past midnight; you don’t want to stay out for too long. Sehun must know what you are thinking because before you know it, he had your hand and is leading you towards the door.

“But Minyoo…” “It’s ok, just call her after you get home, and let her enjoy herself a bit longer with Jongmin hyung. I will take you home.” You found yourself nod and followed him out the door. You shivered as soon as you stepped out because even though the weather is getting warmer, it’s still pretty chilly at night. Sehun slipped off his tux jacket and pulled it over your shoulders. You smiled at him showing your appreciation and both of you silently walked. Soon, you had arrived at your apartment and you can’t help but feel disappointed that the night ended so soon. “Thank you Sehun oppa, I had fun. And… thanks about listening to me talking about boring and upsetting stuff.” You were referring to your parents. He smiled and hugged you. Kissing you lightly on the forehead, he whispered, “Good night Sunnie, I had fun too because of you. I will see you in my dreams…”