Forever Alone

Cobwebs in my Heart

 

Since you became a trainee and the manager has asked Minyoo to be the fashion stylist and make-up artist for EXO (which was a surprise and something exciting), you’ve been practising hard. You are determined to debut as a solo singer and you will never give up. You’ve been given a day off and you were thinking of going to the company to watch the boys practice for their big night when they will be performing at the EXO Show Case. You stood up and got ready, picking out some clothes and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. You were feeling very down because today is a rainy day… And on this particular day, it means something to you but not the others. It’s been so long and it is really surprising that it would rain today and fit with the gloomy mood of yours.

I can’t believe it’s been this long, I almost forgot about this because I was so busy with my life when I should have remembered… You thought as tears were threatening to fall. You sniffled and shook your head, not now I can’t cry, I promised them didn’t I?” After you took the shower, you came out and found Minyoo already gone to work. You smiled slightly, I guess Minyoo is enjoying her life being around the EXO boys and now she’s going out with Jongmin oppa, her life is perfect… but not mine, you thought gloomily. There is a part missing in your life and you know perfectly well what it is. Just as you were getting changed, a thought came onto your mind. Since you moved to Korea, every year on this day, you’ve been to that place, sat there and cried for all that’s worth so why should it be different this year? It’s the only thing I can do to help me remember them isn’t it? You thought before grabbing your keys and left your make-up bag on the table. They wouldn’t want to see me with make-up and dressed fancy; after all, I’m still their innocent little girl…

As you made your way to the cemetery, you were telling yourself to be strong. Not yet Sunkyung, just wait a little bit more before… You gripped the steering wheel harder and drove into the cemetery car park. You left your purse and your phone on the car before locking it and walked up the hill. On your way, you passed many grave stones and as you looked at each one, the sorrow filled your heart bit by bit. Isn’t it hard for the family of the person that passed away? How do they grief the dead and remember them? You finally arrived at the big tree just on the top of the hill. There were two bunches of flowers that are already dying that you put there last year to remember your dead parents. This is the only way here in Korea. You put the fresh flowers that you bought on the way here in front of the tree and removed the old one. Then you sat down beside the tree and that’s when your shoulders started shaking and tears were falling before you know it.

Mum, dad I’m so glad I came here to see you guys… I miss you so much… there is so much I want to tell you guys but I just want to say: I followed my dream and made great friends so thank you for sending them to me. But my life is not complete without you guys… so why did you leave?