Audition and the Result?

Cobwebs in my Heart

 

Finally, it’s the day of the audition. You had received good lucks from the boys and they said they will be watching you, which added another level to your nervousness. You took a deep breath, it’s alright Sunkyung, you practiced with the boys before, and they’ve seen you dance and heard you sing already, so why are you so worried about them being there? Today you will be performing two items. Even though you are still dancing to EXO’s ‘Mama’, you had changed your mind about the singing bit. You decided to sing ‘You&I’ by IU to show off your good singing voice. You chose that song mainly because you can sing high notes really well and you really like IU and see her as a role model.

When the manager called you in, you whispered to yourself, Good luck Sunkyung, don’t mess up now! You walked in swiftly and stared determinedly at the manager. He smiled at you and you smiled back. “Don’t be nervous alright Sunkyung-shi, I’m sure you will do really well. Besides, there is only you and I here… and maybe the EXO boys…” You giggled at the surprised face of the managers when he saw the EXO boys standing there giving you winks and thumb ups. “It’s ok manager, they asked me yesterday if they can watch and it’s fine because I’ve been practising with them so there is nothing to hide.” The manager nodded and put his finger on his lips, giving the boys a hint that he does not want any noise coming from them during the audition and each of the boys pretended to zip their lips. You giggled again from their silliness.  

“Anyways, let’s start. So the first thing if you please, show me your singing skills.” You were pretty confident about your singing so you got out your iPod and everything, flipped to the accompaniment to ‘You&I’… You began to sing, letting the music flow through you. You were enjoying this moment of singing the song that you love, getting lost in the song itself that you didn’t realise the shocked expression on the EXO boys and the manager. You finished the last note and slowly opened your eyes and were greeted by a very serious manager. You began to feel a bit nervous. Did I stuff up? You thought to yourself, but I thought I did ok…

“Well, now for the dancing skill…” You quickly the speaker again and showed him what you can do. After the dance, you were a bit breathless. You were feeling down because you are sure that you can’t be a trainee, seeing the seriousness on the manager’s face. “Can you sing another song for me? Any of your choice, with or without accompaniment please.” You were surprised but did what he said and sung ‘Good Day’ by IU again. Once you finished again, he sat there with his hands on the desk. “Well… I’ve really got nothing to say…” You were beginning to worry. “And that’s because you never fail to amaze me.” You mouth dropped open in surprise. A smile broke out onto the manager’s face and he stood up to shake your hand. “That was just amazing! You have so much hidden talent and if you don’t become a trainee, it would be a shame, so… you are in!” After that announcement, You were so dazed that everything that happened was just a blur, with everyone rushing up to you at once…