The Pain that Follows Swift...

Cobwebs in my Heart

 

I knew that feeling of dread was real. Here I was, standing in front of the most important person in my life; hearing her say that she is going to leave me, leave all of us. I couldn’t believe it and refuse to believe it. She promised me that she will always be here for me, without her, my life would be black and white. I know it sounds cheesy but this is how I feel, it feels like ever since I met her, my world would always revolve around her… but if she leaves, I wouldn’t know what to do with my life, everything would be meaningless and my world would literally stop spinning. “You are kidding right? Haha, come on Sunnie, this joke isn’t funny… you’ve got to do better than that if you want to amuse us…” My voice trailed off as I stared at her; she looked as serious as ever and I suddenly ran to her and began to shake her while feeling the butterflies in my stomach acting up.

“Stop this, you’ve got to be joking, you can’t leave me… or us! Didn’t you promise me? What happened to the promise?” She looked apologetically at me while tears were filling her eyes as Suho hyung tried to pull me back and calm me down. “I’m sorry oppa; I can’t do anything about it… I told you guys because I thought you guys would act mature about this and understand… It’s my parents’ company and that is one of the most important memories that I have of them and if I let that fall and fade away, a big part of me would be missing. I know that you guys will help to mend the gap and fill it in but my parents had worked so hard on making the company big and famous, I can’t let that go…” She suddenly broke down, crying, showing the vulnerable side of her for the first time.

I immediately softened and crouched down beside her. Hugging her close, everyone was quiet and no one had a smart remark for the first time even Kai. I feared the question I was about to ask, “So… when are you leaving?” She looked at me and answered while my heart pinched together at her answer. “The day after tomorrow…” She stood up, and I tried to comfort her but she stepped away from all of us. I looked at her confusingly and knew that there was another worse part to the bad news. She looked straight at me and I started to panic. For the first time, coldness and hurt filled her eyes and she said to me, “Since I don’t know when I’m coming back, I’ve made a very important decision Sehun oppa…” I looked at her and prayed that she wouldn’t say what I think she would say.

“What is it?” Tears started to fall from her eyes and I’ve never seen her so upset before… “Although I don’t want to do this but I think this would be best for all of us… so we could forget and move on without hurting ourselves all the time… Let’s break up oppa…” My mouth dropped open and before I knew it, my knees gave out below me and I collapsed to the floor from shock while she muttered a mianhe and vanished out the door. “Sunnie!” Minyoo shouted and ran after her friend while I continued to sit on the ground, the hyungs crowded around me but I’m still in a daze. Suddenly, the truth hit me that she just exited my life herself, making me break down and cried while the others tried to comfort me but all I could choke up was a painful sentence that hurts me and the others coming out my mouth… “She’s gone hyungs… she left me…”