The Contract

Wife for Hire?

 

It was time for work again, and hopefully those old men that drink every damn day atleast be generous just for once and give me tips.

As I went to work and changed to my uniform, customers immediately came.

Three? No, more of them kept on coming. There was a total of 5 of them. They look young, maybe my age. But, this particular one looks like he's about 18 or some .

No, alcohol for you buddy. Yes, I do like to judge my customers.

As they sat down, they looked at me as if they wanted to ask a question. I know what's going through their mind. "Is she even legal?"

Yes, I am. I'm 20 years of age already. I just look young.

As I observed them through the side of my eyes, I noticed how awfully good-looking they all were. Maybe, their from the next block. A host club. Not that rare.

They all ordered alcohol. I furrowed my eyebrows at the particular one that looked underage.

"Are you sure you're legal?" I asked in suspicion. He smirked at me. The other four snickered.

Wipe that smirk off, it doesn't fit your facial features. He's obviously trying to look appealing. It's clearly not working.

"For your information, I'm the oldest out of us all five" he says. Oldest? Are you sure you're not the youngest? There's no use in lying.

"Stop lying" I protested. He scoffed in annoyance. Haha, I'm not falling to your little trap. Stupid brat.

"That's funny coming from you. Are you sure you're even supposed to be working here?" he asks in a taunting tone.

I gulped. I'm not really supposed to be working here. The club owner was just only nice enough to let me work here. If my school finds out that I'm working in a bar, I'd be screwed.

"O-obviously, I got permission from my parents" I lied. My parents could care less about me.

"Whatever you say, missy" he rolls his eyes.

Rude bastard. Who does he think he is?

After I served them their drinks, they started talking about some marriage .

As I was cleaning the wine glasses, I could feel a stare piercing through me. It was one of the one-hell-of-a bastard's customer's friend. I squint my eyes to see to who it was. My eyes widened in alarm. I know him. He's in my history class.

"Hey, aren't you Park Heejin? you're in my history class" he points out. I remember his name. His name is Oh Se Hun, the guy who basically makes every girl in my class scream when he's in sight. Their screams are a pain in the , to be honest.

"Park Heejin? That's your name?" the underage looking one says. Yes, if it wasn't obvious enough, smarty.

"No, it's an alias" I mock. He sighs in frustration. Aww little buddy is getting annoyed already?

Oh crap. Realization hits me. What if Se Hun tells the teachers about my work? I'll get expelled in no time.

First of all, I really didn't get my parent's consent and secondly, I'm not the right age to be working at a bar. I'm screwed.

If I get fired, I can't pay my tuition fees. But then, I'll probably get expelled before I even get my payment. I hate life.

Can I just slam my head to the wall for not recognizing him earlier?

"Se Hun, does our school allow their students to work at nighttime bars?" the underage looking guy asks in amusement. What? He attends my school too?

Oh no, is he doing what he thinks I'm thinking? Oh Please.

"Obviously not" Se Hun admits.

I close my eyes. Goodbye Work. Goodbye my school life.

"Hmmmm" is all what he could say. He looked like he was suppressing a smirk. I bet he's going to tell the principal about this. Why? I'm so unlucky.

The undeniably tall guy beside Se Hun spoke, "Lu Han hyung, why don't you make a contract with her? Isn't that one of your specialties?" His voice is too deep, as deep as the ocean.

So, Lu Han was his name, huh? What contract? Man, people these days...

"What kind?" Lu Han replies, with a slight tone of playfulness in his voice.

I don't like where this is going. I don't like the word "contract".

I don't even care anymore, I'm just going to be a homeless person soon anyway. No food, no money and what's worse. No education.

"Hyung, aren't you supposed to have a girlfriend to present to your dad by tomorrow?" Se Hun asks.

Girlfriend?

"Oh yeah! This'll be interesting" Lu Han smiles, almost....too evilly. "And, she's not that bad looking either" he adds.

Not bad looking? Excuse me, my looks are actually above average compared to other girls.

I really really don't have a good feeling about this.

"So, Heejin-ssi. How about we make a deal? We'll keep our mouths shut and not tell the principal about your little part time work here, and as an exchange......."

This actually doesn't sound so bad, as long as what he's asking for is reasonable. I might do it.

I get to keep my job and my education? Maybe I'm not so unlucky after all. Is what I thought until I heard the next few words he said.

"As long as you act as my fake fiancee" he says as if it was a matter of fact.

I choke on air. What? He's like 21 for hell's sake. Forget it, this is all so stupid. Are they pulling a prank on me?

"Forget it" I roll my eyes in disbelief. 

Do they think this is funny? No 

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Lu Han says, seriously. 

I stare at him, "Y-You were serious?" I ask

"I don't lie" He says with a smirk on his face as he wags his ring finger from side to side.

Well, even if he was serious. Like hell I'd agree. I'd rather be homeless than hang out with him. He's like a devil in disguise of an angel.

"Well, I'm sorry but I don't want to sign your stupid 'contract'" I spout.

He scoffs, "I'll pay your tuition fee's AND your appartment loans" he adds. My eyes widened, that is basically like paying for my life. Where can he get the money, though? I don't trust him.

What if he's a drug dealer? But, why in the world would a drug dealer want a fake fiancee?

What the hell am I even thinking?

"I'm a heir of a huge company, if you didn't know" he says, as if he was reading my mind. I gulped. That means he has connections.

This shouldn't even be a hard decision. If I accept, I won't need to work and I still get to go to school and I don't have to worry about money. It'll make life much more easier. But then again, acting as his fake fiancee? He seems like the type to look nice and innocent but then in reality, he's actually a devil.

And I don't think I'm wrong.

Whatever, I'm going to take a risk. I mean, it's just acting anyway. Money is my life afterall.

"Deal" I agree, and as soon as those words came out of my mouth. I knew I did wrong. I just made a contract with a devil.

Lu Han looked at me and smiled. It wasn't the smile that was like of an angel's, but a devil's.

 

The contract has been signed.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

DUN DUN DUN, poor Heejin. The contract has been signed and therefore cannot be terminated. 

What to do now? 

Please subscribe and comment! I really appreciate it :)

Thank you very much for reading and please look forward to the next chapter!