Deja Vu

The Key Solution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                 After Key ended his call with his grandma, he reported the good news in high spirits to the rest of the members and Jisun who were just as relieved as he was. Even though they were not the ones being affected directly, a happy Key made them happy as well. This time around, they had a feeling that this happiness, this security that was all Key really needed, wasn't something that was planning on going away soon.

            The rest of the day was spent playing card games with Key complaining every time he lost a round of Old Maid. Minho was on a roll for the most part, laughing wildly to himself every time he put down his last pairs. Jonghyun wasn't that bad either, but had trouble keeping a poker face on whenever he got the Queen. His eyes would widen and would subconsciously bite his lower lip in attempt to think of a way to pass on the 'diseased' card to someone else. Taemin, sitting next to him though, knew and made sure he didn't pick the oh so obvious card that was raised higher than the rest.

             You won several games yourself though there were times Key desperately pleaded you to take the Queens from his hand, only to be flicked in the forehead teasingly afterwards. After a few more games, you felt yourself getting a bit drowsy and told everyone you'd take a little break before playing again. As you got up from your crouched position on the floor, you felt Key looking at you questionably, to which you just smiled quickly in reassurance. Just a little tired, that was all.

             As you trudged up the stairs to your room, the realization that the next day would be Christmas hit you, hard. That soon? , you weren't even able to find time to buy Key a present yet. All this time had been spent trying to get him back on his feet, you really didn't know what to do. If you left to go shopping now, it'd be pretty obvious to him and the rest. Plus, wouldn't going out now show how "thoughtful" you were as a girlfriend?

            You paced around your room in pensive thought, not really sure what to do next. Maybe if you realized earlier, you could've gotten your mom to help you get something before Christmas came.

             You pushed back some strand pieces of hair from your face before plopping on your bed with a sigh. You barely glanced at the blank walls that laid across from you, feeling more and more stressed by the second. Thinking about it was so overwhelming. 

             "Why so glum?" You heard a voice ask curiously from the door. Turning your body over a bit, you met Key's amused feline eyes. He sauntered over to where you were resting, patting your back gently. 

             "What are you doing here? Lost too many games?" You teased, smiling once you saw that you were undeniably right. 

            "I swear they're cheating or something," Key defended, rolling his eyes incredulously. "There's no way I'm always the one stuck with the card at the end! And it's also the only game they want to play, they must have had some kind of consipiracy when I wasn't there." he pouted. 

              "It's just a game," You murmered softly. "Next time you can kick their in..." 

             Key leaned forward curiously. "...in?"

           "Um, in..." Your voice dragged as you tried to think of something Key was particularly good at besides cooking, nagging, and being well, himself.  

              "There must be too much for you to think of," Key chuckled quietly, pausing to wrap his arms around your waist into a tight embrace. His touch felt warm on your skin, it was nice. Even though it was freezing in your house for the most part, Key's warmth made you feel unbelievably secure. It was times like these that you wished lasted forever. 

  Moments passed like that until Key spoke,

             "Hey, we need to talk about tomorrow. Christmas, right?" He let go of your waist and stood up from where he was. "Manager hyung texted Onew while we were in a middle of the game, and well, we're leaving tomorrow for Japan." 

             Your eyes flew open at the sudden news and really just hoped he was joking. He couldn't be leaving so soon.

              "I know it's really sudden and all, but manager hyung really wanted to book us into this music program so we can promote Dazzling Girl a bit more before our next comeback." Key explained with a sigh. "So since we can't celebrate Christmas tomorrow together, I was wondering if..." 

              You felt your heart pounding heavily in your chest. Why was this making me so nervous?

               Key his lips and looked carefully at you. "I was really wondering if we could spend it today."

              "Today?" You echoed out loud.

              "Yes today!" Key exclaimed. "It's the only other time we can before new years. It's nothing special, but...let's go to the mall near your house."

                The mall... that was where we first met. 

               You felt your face heating up as the realization hit you. Nothing special? He must have known, he must have...

                  "After all," Key said, as if answering your thoughts. "Isn't that where we first met?" he whispered with a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter