First Bite

The Key Solution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       It was Monday already, you were sitting where you usually sat in the cafeteria. Miyoung and everyone else was chatting away as you stared blankly into your tray. The lunch ladies were serving mozerella sticks, one of your favorite meals, but for some reason, you didn't feel like eating today.

        "Hey, what's up with you?" Miyoung poked your shoulder, but you just remained sullen. "Still tired from the concert? Everyone's been talking about it today."

       "Really?" You looked at her curiously. Miyoung seemed pleased by your response and continued talking.

      "Yeah, something about this girl and Key towards the end? He chose a fan or something, well that's what I heard. But the comments weren't that good."

       You were about to point out that you were that girl but stopped when you heard the last few words. Weren't that good.

       "Not that good?" You repeated, trying not to show the worry in your voice. You knew that if Miyoung found out it was you, she'd stop right away. But you were curious, even if it wasn't good. You wanted to know what people thought.

       "Yeah," Miyoung nodded. "For the most part, people are jealous since Key doesn't really well... pay that much attention to fans? Think of it as fanservice even, so many fans are bound to be jealous. And jealously well...leads to hate."

       "Hate?" You were afraid to ask.

       "Mhm," Miyoung bit her lower lip, as if she was unsure whether or not she should continue. "People are saying how the girl was unattractive and how Key should've chosen a better looking fan. But hey, they're just jealous right? I'm sure that girl was pre - "

       You suddenly found it hard to swallow the food that was in your mouth. Though it was unintentional and indirect, Miyoung had just hurt you in the worst way possible. Not even, the whole conversation was turning into a huge mess. But she still couldn't know, you wouldn't let her. You found yourself getting out of your seat, taking your tray with you. You looked down so she couldn't see the tears that would fall down any moment if you didn't leave.

      "I gotta go, something came up" You said hastily, grabbing your bookbag with one hand.

        You didn't let Miyoung reply, you walked quickly towards the school entrance, pushing the exit with one hand. Lunch was your last period, something you  usually looked forward to, but not today. 

        You let the tears fall as you headed home. You covered your face every now and then when you saw people coming but other than that, you couldn't care less. Maybe you were a bit too sensitive, but that was simply your nature. You were well aware you weren't that greatest looking person on earth, and had insecurities that constantly bothered you, but to know - but to have it completely thrown on you against your will was unbearable. 

        "You're home early," Your mom noted as you stepped into the house. "Something wrong?"

       "No," You lied, heading up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter