The Call

The Key Solution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            (A.N: okay so i decided i wasn't really satisfied ending it there after all, so i will continue onto this ^^ hope you guys aren't mad. things should be able to get more tense here. keep note of the title haha)

--

           It was nearing Christmas and Key was busy in the kitchen making hot chocolate for everyone to drink. The rest of the members had noticed that Key was substantially happier these days but they didn't have to guess to know who the source of it was, Jisun.

           Ever since the day she had come over to the dorm, everyone couldn't help but notice that it made Key a better person as well. To them, at least. He didn't complain as much and more often the times, didn't nag or boss them around either. He had even started cleaning up everyone's room even when no one had asked him to and constantly made dinner whenever he wasn't out with Jisun.

           However, no one was ready for the abrupt change that would take place that night when a phone call arrived.         

          "Key, I think it's for you." Onew said with a shrug, handing him the wireless phone. 

          "Really?" Key stared at the phone with uncertainty before finally taking it. "Yoboseyo?"  

           "Kibum, it's me ~" The voice said from the other line. 

           "Umma?" Key asked carefully. His mom barely made calls since she was always busy working at the hospital as nurse. His dad was a lawyer so he didn't have much time for him either. And even if they had the time, they were both aware that their son was busy as well, promoting new albums and songs with his group. The last time his mom had called was to congratulate them on their massive album sales and also to wish that he was doing well.

            "Miss me?" She laughed weakly, but Key could tell something was off. Something in her voice told him that there was going to be more than just a simple congratulation for his hard work.

      "What happened?" Key asked softly, going straight to the point. "Is everything okay with you and everything? Should I be worried about -"

           

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter