Picnic

The Key Solution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               “Hyung, is this enough?” Taemin nodded towards a platter of sandwiches on the counter. He had spent the last half hour or so helping Key prepare for the picnic for you which meant lots of work in the kitchen.

            Of course, this was once again Taemin’s will, but changed his mind at the mention of him being able to eat as well.

           “Hmm…,” Key eyed the sandwiches before taking a closer look. He opened each sandwich individually and made sure that there were equal amounts of ham, cheese, lettuce, etc inside. After having to remind Taemin that the slices weren’t supposed to be so wide, he checked the oven to see if the cookies had cooled yet.

            It was honestly a bit weird for himself, Kim Kibum to bother putting so much effort into something unless he directly benefited from it. Like cooking for the rest of the members so they wouldn’t starve and die or learning a rap quickly so he’d have more time to practice it later.

            The thing here was that there wasn’t any definite this time. It was a test, something that could go either way. He had only one chance and whether he’d pass or fail all depended on how much effort he’d put in it.

             “Does she even like cookies?” Minho took a whiff of the cookies before popping one into his mouth.

               “Yah,” Key smacked the cookie out of his hand before placing it back on the tray. “Who doesn’t like cookies?”

             “I don’t,” Jonghyun joked, leaning over the counter to get a better look. “But you should really make something like this for us sometime.”

             “Yeah!,” Taemin nodded his head quickly in agreement, followed by the others.

             “I don't think so,” Key dismissed with a flick of his wrist and proceeded to carefully wrap the cookies in plastic. “This…this is important.”

             "If you say so..." Onew eyed the food greedily and held in the temptation to distract and steal some food for himself. "What are you guys going to do anyways?'

            "Well," Key glanced over at Taemin with a sigh and shrugged. "Taemin and I are planning on having a picnic with her, and well...she doesn't really know but...surprises are fun right?"

        "I can't believe we met Exo," Suyun gushed excitedly, waving her autograph in the air as if her life depended on it. "When I stepped on line, Kai winked at me, like an actual wink! I swear I didn't know how to -"

        "It was alright," You mumbled half heartedly, flipping through some pages in a random magazine. Suyun stopped talking and stared at you in disbelief

        "Alright?" Suyun narrowed her brows, and shook her head. "Just alright? It was amazing, fantastic, wonderful!" 

         "I...I don't know." You shrugged and looked away. It wasn't like EXO wasn't appealing anymore, things just happened...circumstances, they change things. Key changed things.

          "Why do I get this feeling this about Key?" Suyun sighed, interrupting your thoughts. "I thought we were doing this so you could forget him."

          "Well..." You paused awkwardly and in your cheeks. "We were..."

            "And then?" 

          You found yourself explaining once again how you had unexpectedly saw Key and whoever the girl was together, and after what seemed like an argument, they broke off and Key well...found you.

            "Aish, Jisun you pabo" Suyun shook her head pitifuly, and rested her head on a hand. "You can't take him back so easily!"

            "But I'm not?"

           We're not even together.

          Though that was somewhat of a lie, you still couldn't figure out why you were so willing to give him a chance so easily. It wasn't even like you two were together, so why did it matter? Since when were you so important to Key's life anyways? How did this even make sense? But at the end, you did put up a cold front and that did mean you'd have to see things for yourself before making a decision.

           Shouldn't being acknowledged by an idol be enough to begin with? So why ask for more?

          "Hey um," You flashed Suyun an apologetic smile before continuing. "I'm gonna go home, and well, think things through alright?"

           "Sure," Suyun stifled a yawn before reaching over to open the door. "See you soon, yeah?"

           "Of course."  

           "Key?" Mrs.P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter