Sullen State

The Key Solution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       "Hyung, you're being really quiet" Taemin pointed out. The silence between them ever since they got into the taxi was holding for way too long. The Key he was used to talked and gossiped away nonstop only pausing when it came time to eat or reprimand him and the others to quiet down. He knew that Key was a bit disappointed from the "date" he just had with Jisun, but he didn't know he'd be so distraught by it. 

         Of course he was no expert at this field, but Taemin could somehow tell that it was going to take a while to get him to open up. 

         "I did good today right?" Key finally asked after a while, staring into the back of the driver's seat. "I did what I could, didn't I?"

         The question surprised Taemin and found it hard to answer. What was he supposed to say? 

         "Yeah," Taemin turned his head slightly to look at Key, who's eyes were still on the driver's seat. Oh hyung...

           "T..that's good to hear."

           The door to the dorm swung open, signifying Key and Taemin's arrival back home. The snowstorm had subsided - for only a little bit - but was still cold nonetheless. 

            "What's up with the face?" Jonghyun asked as Key took off his shoes and headed right towards the kitchen.

             "What's up with yours?" Key replied in the same acrid tone. He placed the leftover food on the counter before slumping into an empty seat.

           Jonghyun glanced at Taemin expectantly for an answer, only getting a shrug in response. Something's up with him for sure...

            Although it was rarely the case, this meant that one thing had to commence through this, a family meeting. They weren't related for blood, it was already established since debut that the members would stick up for each other no matter what. If a member sensed that the other wasn't feeling well or just out of place called for a meeting, whether they liked it or not. 

              "Hyung," Jonghyun pulled Onew stealthily into a corner. Onew glanced at Jonghyun with a raised eyebrow, he had never seen him this serious in a while.

              "Yeah?"

            "I think it's about time we have another family meeting."

            "This is greeeat," Minho mumbled through a mouthful of food. Everyone else in the table just stared silently at him. It was obvious he didn't realize the seriousness of the situation.

              Jonghyun coughed loudly for him to hear, and Minho glared irritably at him. "What?"

               "We're not here to talk about the damn food," Jonghyun slammed his fist against the table. "We're here to talk about Key."

               "Him and Jisun?" Minho asked curiously. He placed his fork down and glanced at Key questionably who didn't seem to have much of a reaction. He was staring deeply into empty space, not bothering to look at the others.

     

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter