Letters to SHINee

The Key Solution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      The walk to your house was a bit awkward since both of you didn't say much. You glanced at Key every now and then, only to see him in the same state each time, confused. 

    I wonder what could possibly be on his mind.

     It still hurt, his comments from the interview back a few days ago but you knew you shouldn't bring it up. After all, it was too much to even think that Key could possibly have any feelings for you. He was a diva, he had good fashion sense, he didn't care what others thought of him, he's everything you weren't.

     "So um...," You tried to break the awkward tension between you two. Key stopped walking. "Anything new with you and the guys?"

     "What, you want me to tell you so you can tell your friends?" Key shot back teasingly. He thought hard for a moment before responding, "Not much I guess."

      You nodded slowly. You weren't sure of what to say next but something in you forced you to.

     "I uh... saw the interview." You said quietly. 

      "Oh."

      That was all you got. You mentally scolded yourself before quickening the pace, making Key walk faster. Moments later, you felt a pair of hands grab your shoulder.

       Key turned you around so you were facing him. Now that you got a closer look, you could tell he was tired, like he hadn't slept for days. You instantly regretted what you had just done.

      "It's just... hard okay? Like I like you and all, but it just..."  Key sighed as he let go of his hands. "..doesn't make sense. I think by now, you should know not to take what I say seriously, right? You know how far things would escalate if I said otherwise."

     He likes me? You didn't want to question whether he meant it just as a person or more but you were happy with his response.

      "Yeah.."

     Silence followed afterwards until you two reached the front of your house. "Well, here we are."

    You fumbled with your keys before finally opening the door. You let Key in first, who was already examining every fine detail there was to your house.

     "Your mom's not home?" Key asked. He surveyed the room, and surely your mom wasn't back home yet.

     You sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter