First Encounters

The Key Solution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       You instantly regretted stepping out of the store once you realized the weather had gotten considerably colder. You frowned at your fashion choice, you had foolishly decided to dress lightly today. Realizing you were still holding onto your drink, you tilted your head at an angle and allowed the steamy, hot liquid to flow into your mouth. It burned your tongue slightly and you remained silent for a while, unsure of what to do next. 

      The mall wasn't that far away from where you were now, but that was the least of your concerns. You felt like taking a stroll around it before actually entering. For most people, wasting your time loitering around everyday places was considered pointless but it was different for you since you never went out.

       Just then, you caught a figure from the corner of your eye. The male was getting out of a black car and dressed in such a way that he was practically covered up. You weren't able to see his face since his back was to you but you couldn't dimiss the feeling that he looked unbelievably familiar. Could it possibly be someone I know? You shook your head at the thought, you didn't really know much peope besides the classmates at school and your family. But who else could it be? You continued to watch as he thanked the driver and began walking towards the mall's entrance. Having no other choice, you decided to follow him at a reasonable distance behind. 

        There weren't a lot of people out today and that genuinely surprised you despite not leaving the house often. It was the weekend too, so you really did expect more people to be out here. But the thought was reassuring at the same time; the fewer you had to deal with people, the better. Although you still couldn't make out the figure walking in front of you, you got the vibe that he was someone you knew pretty well. But you didn't want to make it obvious you were following him, so you still kept your distance.

        You remembered your mom telling you a particular store to shop in, she had written it on a piece of paper and handed it to you before you left. You felt your hands dig into your right pocket and pull out a now wrinkly piece of paper. You glanced at the words she had put down and went over to a nearby map to see how far you were from it. 

        You were relieved to discover it wasn't that far away and continued walking in a straight path. The stores in the mall was put in a simple and reasonable order, categorized by what they sold. You needed some kind of "nice" outfit for the dinner party but you had absolutely no idea what you wanted. You decided it was best to actually enter the store before continuing to contemplate over your needs.

       Finally stopping at the store your mom had designated you to, you took a moment to awe at its selection. There was a beautiful array of pretty, frilly dresses along with other sorts of elegant clothes. But you knew you wouldn't be able to pull it off like normal girls would, it would just look awkward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter