Mistakes

The Key Solution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      "Jisun, when's the last time you and Key hung out?" Mom placed down the newspaper she was reading to look at you. "Haven't seen him around here in a while."

        "Hm, Key?" You thought carefully. It was true. It's been a little over week since Key had kept in contact with you, the last being your invitation to their dorm to pig out on some leftovers. "I guess he's busy with SHINee and all that..."

       "Maybe," Your mom pouted and resumed reading before adding, "- but you should talk to him anyways, just to make sure things are alright." 

        You shrugged in response even though you knew your mother couldn't see. It didn't seem like that big of a problem, you were aware that SHINee were busier than ever this time of the year, the Japanese single they released on top of that didn't help either. Wouldn't it be reasonable to give him some space? But at the same time, it was a bit weird. If SHINee had something coming up, Key would notify you right away as a heads up. But a week with no notification at all did seem unusual, at least from someone like Key. He wasn't the type of person to just forget...

         Shaking your head slightly, you finally resoluted in giving Key a call later that day.

         "Dementia - (noun) A chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes, and impaired reasoning."

               No...

          "An acquired loss of cognitive function that may affect language, attention, memory, personality and abstract reasoning."

               Is this really...

            "-a loss of mental processes such as memory, language, or the ability to think..."

               What you have, grandma?

             Key had spent the last hour or so searching up dementia, just researching to see what this 'dementia' really was. The memory part made sense, seeing how grandma had forgotten she was talking to him the entire time. And it undeniably hurt, just the simple thought of it.

             So why was it that his grandma had to have it? It didn't make any sense to him. His grandma was a good woman, a tough one actually, one of the many reasons Key loved and looked up to her so much. She was healthy and always ate right, even taking the time out of her mornings to go for a jog. Sometimes Key even went with her, though it was hard to catch up to her fast pace. But he loved it all, he loved every moment he had spent with her. Because those were the moments where you're still unsure of yourself, those moments where you're still growing up as a kid and just trying to figure out who you are. His grandma provided that, more than anyone ever could. But just like that, those resources his grandma had so readily provided...were now cut off and gone. 

              Key was frustrated, he really was. No matter how hard he tried to look past this, to look for the positive side in his current situation, he just couldn't. Groaning loudly, Key burried his face deep into his hands, trying to make sense of everything. 

             But nothing. 

             Key heard the crash of a flower pot that laid on his desk as his hands accidentally came into contact with it. He grimaced as he saw the shattered pieces now lying on the floor, waiting to be cleaned up. 

             I always have to clean up this mess...

             He could hear a bunch of running footsteps come from downstairs as soon as they heard the crash, probably wondering what had happened. And he was right. The door to his room swung open, revealing the remaining four members of the group. Each held a worried expression, questioning what had just happened.

             "Hyung...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter