It's a 'Thing'

My Life..

 

 

 

Myungsoo keep changing the look between the gift that he received just now and the girl. He keep rubbing his forehead that earn a smirk from the girl.

“Why do I get a frog? Does definition of cute exist in such a goofy looking doll like this?”

“Well, I get a werewolf. So, let’s just be grateful with each other’s gift okay?”

“No, I won’t. And, that statue suits you. What’s wrong with it? You deserve something that has a figure of something of your own kind, right?”

“Wow. I seriously can’t content my heart right now. I feel like jumping to the air. Or should I go bald my head instead?”

"That's sounds fun! Let's do it! I'll accompany you..”

“Screw you, Myungsoo. Anyway, why did your mom always tell us to have our own time like this? I’m so sick of this garden that you have. Who knows that there might be some weird, hazardous and killing insects in here? We could have died! That… I can tell you, it’s sooooooo out of the range of funny.”

“I don’t know. She has always being a strange mom to me.”

“Hey! It’s not nice to talk like that to your parents!”

“You’re the one who start it first!”

“What? I was just-“

“I’m going to tell my mom. Oh OMMA~”

“Stop fooling around, Myungsoo!”

“And, why should I?”

“Because I hate it!”

“Well, you’re going to hate me even if I didn’t act so.”

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo. I can't believe that you're-”

“Sssh! I think they’re searching for us.”

Myungsoo put his hand on Suzy’s mouth and pull her to the nearest bush. They were intensely watching on Myungsoo’s parents and Suzy’s aunt. Suzy try her best to let her go but she failed to do so. Weird. Why do I feel nervous when he’s around me like this?

“I thought they were here before…”

“Yeah. I think so too. I guess Myungsoo already sent her home.”

“With what? Myungsoo can drive?”

“I don’t think he drive her back. Maybe they leave with a bus.”

“Oh okay then… I shall make my way first. It’s a great night Mr and Mrs Kim. Now, if you excuse me…”

“Oh okay. Be careful, Yeonjue.”

After everybody was leaving the garden, Suzy finally manage to escape from Myungsoo by biting his hand.

“What do you think you are doing?? Play hide and seek?!”

“Are you trying to eat me? What the heck was that bite are supposed for?!”

“I want to go home, idiot!”

“Ah… I forget about that.”

“Ergh!!!! Myung-jerk! How am I going to go home now, huh? I’m in one damn pretty huge problem here!”

“Oh god, you’re right! I don’t even want to spend the rest of night with a hungry werewolf!” Myungsso said smacking his head a few times.

“Yah! And, smacking your head won’t settle everything, Myungsoo.”

“Or we could take the bus. Just like what my father proposed. And, I, Kim Myungsoo, with my brightest heart will accompany you home. What say you?”

“I don’t think I would like that idea.”

“Oh come one. Don’t be such a fussy brat, Bae Suzy. Come, I take you okay?”

***

“I know this was not a good idea after all. Out of all free seats in this bus, why do you have to sit with me, MYUNG-JERK?!”

“Shut up. I don’t even like this. But, if I don’t do this biggest sacrifice ever, I might even encounter some blood-showering show in this bus.”

“I TOLD YOU I’M NOT GOING TO EAT THEM!”

“Sshh. They might hear you and leave in shivering to death.”

“Aish Myungsoo… Why do you always have to make my life miserable?”

“Because I love it when you’re looking like a complete fool like this.”

“KIM. MYUNG. SOOOOO.”

“Oh. And, I love it when you call me like that too.”

“I really hate you now. I can’t even take a look at your face now. You better avoid me, Myungsoo. Or I will actually change myself into the Suzy that you don’t even want to see.”

“Kill me. But, I still won’t change my seat.”

“Erghhhh!!!!”

***

Suzy let out a few chuckled when she saw Myungsoo keep dozing off from his seat. She keeps staring at the latter while smiling. Look at that. He seems better when he is sleeping like this. At least, there is no any annoying words and sound from him. And, I can’t keep myself from being in joy too looking at his weird sleeping state. I mean, how come he doesn’t wake up at all after those banging with the seat handle? Well well well… I wonder how much I will get if I take a close up picture and make a grand sale. And since we are in this topic, I have to agree he has such a perfect face to be adored. With that kind of jawline, beautiful lips… No wonder girls chase him.

That’s when Myungsoo’s head fall on her shoulder. Suzy was shocked but she failed to even move and push his head away.

“Hey, Myungsoo. Wake up. People are starting to stare at us.”

“Erm…”

“Don’t you erm, ergh, urfh me, Myungsoo. Wake up.”

“Hmm… Just a minute.” Myungsoo said while smiling.

Suzy feel like there is something striking her heart with it. She even barely breathes. What is this? I don’t think I like this. What’s wrong with me?

***

 

Suzy didn’t talk much when Myungsoo walk her back home that night. She just agree with everything or act like she did not listen to Myungsoo’s word.

“Here you go, werewolf.”

“Okay bye.”

Suzy rush to her house door until Myungsoo say something that make her turns.

“Aigoo this girl… Yah! You seriously don’t know how to show a gratitude to someone don’t you?”

“What? Oh. Thank you? Is that what you want?”

Myungsoo let out a giggle.

“Aish. Never mind. See you tomorrow.”

“Oh okay.”

Suzy stay at in front of her house until she cannot see the sign of Myungsoo anymore. She then sigh and went to inside of her house slowly. Hey, Myungsoo. There should be a reason why I hate you so much, right? And, I’m starting to wonder what that was now. Don’t worry. I think I’m also afraid of myself now.

***

Myungsoo try to change his sleep position but he still cannot close his eyes. He keep thinking about things that has happen.

Flashback

Myungsoo open the door slowly and walk in the tiniest steps that he have. He was then shocked by his parents who are waiting in front of the living room.

“Where do you go, son?”

“I walk Suzy home, appa.”

“Oh you do?”

“Yes, now… Can I go to sleep? I’m damn tired.”

“Mind your language Myungsoo.”

“I’m sorry omma.”

“Well, we think you have something to tell us.”

“About what?”

“Suzy.”

 

Silent.

 

“You’re not going to say anything Myungsoo?”

“Why all of a sudden?”

“You know that we have realised her changing in personality, right? I can’t even imagine Suzy would buy you something like a hideous frog as a gift.”

“Well, it’s not that hideous appa. I can still looking at it and smile.”

“I have asked Yeonjue and she wants us to ask from you directly. She said that you will tell us everything.”

“Why do I’m the one who have to do the talk when she knows better?”

“Can you just blurt it out, Myungsoo? We’re done with this curiosity.”

“Well, something happen to Suzy omma. I’ll tell you more later when we’re certain about it.”

“About what?”

“Suzy’s condition. I’m so sorry but I’m not going to do something that is going to harm her. I’m sorry again, omma.”

End of Flashback.

I sincerely wish for things to be better now. Oh, Suzy… What am I going to do with you?

***

Suzy’s POV

I had a nightmare. Again. For like thousands of nights, I manage to escape all those terrifying nightmares, I face one of those again last night. Well you know what nightmare; you just succeed in creating like the worst day ever in my life. I don’t even have a feeling of giving my sweetest smile now. The heck. Did you just claim you have a sweetest smile, Bae Suzy? What’s wrong with you mind? Have you lost it due to the nightmare? Or is it because of Myungsoo? Wait. Why am I thinking about him now? Out of all people in this world why must Myungsoo? Ok. Why did I even talk with my own self at the first place? What an unsteady mind you had there, Suzy. Facepalming you for sure won’t work at time like this.

“Why are you talking to yourself?”

“You can read mind now, aunty?”

“No I’m not. You are literally talking to yourself, Suzy.”

“W-what?? Since when did you listen to me, Imo? What have you heard?”

“Nothing. I wasn’t paying attention to it since it has nothing to do with me. But I’m pretty sure I hear Myungsoo just then. Why with him?”

“W-what? No… I didn’t say Myungsoo… What are you talking about?”

“Aha! You’re stuttering. This is sure means something, right?”

“No, you’re wrong. Start the engine now Imo. Or we will be late to school.”

“Go on. Changing the topic.”

“Just go…”

***

Suzy was going to say hi to Siwon when the guy walk passes her without even curving a smile.

“Geez… What’s wrong with him seriously?”

“Hey werewolf!”

Suzy turn away from the voice and try to run away before a hand come and grab her shoulder.

“Not so fast. Destiny sure loves us, huh?”

“What drug are you smoke? Tch. Let me go!”

“Oh why? Don’t you want to have a lovey dovey day with me, werewolf? Don’t worry. I don’t wear any silver that might cause you to be afraid of me.”

“I am not afraid of you Myungsoo... I hate you. Now let me go before I FREAKIN KICK YOUR !”

“Hahaha okay okay… You know what? That just makes my day. Thanks werewolf. Let’s walk together to the class.”

“No, I would LOVE to refuse that. So long Myung-jerk.”

***

Suzy stomps her feet away to the class. When she was going to enter, Siwon was going to leave the class.

“Oh hi Siwon.”

“Good morning to you too.”

“Where are you-“

Before Suzy could end her words, Siwon was out of sight already. Did he just roll his eyes to me? 

She immediately runs to Jiyoung who was cleaning her desk.

“Yah, Jiyoung-ah… Do you hear any strange news about Siwon?”

“About what?”

“Well, something like he is sick or thing likes that? Anything?”

“Suzy-ah… Don’t tell me that you want him to be sick?”

“I didn’t mean it like that, Jiyoung… I just feel there is something wrong somewhere with that kid nowadays.”

“What happen?”

“He wouldn’t even budge an eye with me! He keeps avoiding me and stuff. It feels so weird you see? I was trying to say hi to him this morning but just walking like he saw nothing in front of him. And, just then… You know what happen? I greet him with the most happy face that I could create, and he was just like “Oh Good morning to you too.” I mean, WHAT IS THAT? Is that expression was even allowed in someone names Siwon?”

“I’m sure he has solid reason for his behaviour Suzy. You should refrain yourself from freak out I think.”

“He is way toooo emotionless. Like a walking zombie. Oh. That would be the perfect way to describe him. He better comes with an excuse because I hate it when people leave me hanging like this.”

“If someone who doesn’t know you heard this, they probably think that you have something with that scumbag.”

“Gah Myung-jerk! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? EAVESDROP US? AND, NOT SO CLOSE MYUNG-JERK! I CAN EVEN SEE THE COLOR OF YOUR LENS.”

“It’s brown. I have pair of beautiful eyes after all, huh?”

“Congratulation on being early again, Myungsoo.”

“Thank youuuu on that, Miss Kang.”

“CAN YOU JUST PLEASE GET AWAY FROM ME, MYUNG-JERK? I CAN’T BREATHE HERE, HELLO? ANYBODY? SAFE ME FROM THIS, MYUNG-JERK??”

“I’m not going to harass you, werewolf. Relax…”

“Ergh!”

“Someody is losing her breathe here, can't you see?” Suzy mumbled to herself.

“Suzy-ah… You sound weird as well? Wanna go for some check-up?”

“What are you talking about, Jiyoung?”

“It looks like Suzy also experience the same disease as what has Siwon face. We have to bring them to the doctor, Myungsoo.”

“We do? Are you sick Suzy?”

“No, I’m not! Stop listening to Jiyoung. I’m ALL FINE!”

***

Myungsoo was eyeing Siwon who was completing their homework. He keeps sighing and sighing, trying to catch the attention of the latter. But, Siwon still keep his focus on the books.

“Booooooring.”

 

No answer.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Low-life scumbag. Hellooooooo. I’m talking to you hereeeeee.”

 

Still silent.

 

“Oh, come one! Answer me would you?!”

A pillow strike Siwon’s head all of a sudden.

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?”

“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO ARE BEING ALL ‘OOH I’M A TOP STUDENT. EVERYBODY SHOULD FOLLOW ME. FOLLOW FOLLOW ME.’ Don’t you?”

“Gosh, Myungsoo. I seriously can’t understand you.”

“Well, me neither.”

“I don’t even know your problem, so I will let this one slide away.”

“Talking about yourself.”

“What did you mean this time?”

“Why did you do that?”

Siwon looks indifferently as Myungsoo was questioning him that way.

“What? What did I do this time?”

“You start to care less… You don’t care about her anymore? You’re the one who was willing to do anything just to be at her side don’t you?”

Siwon smirk as he heard the verse. He stares at the person’s in front of him.

“You mean Suzy?”

“No. I mean Sooji. Of course, I mean Suzy.”

“And, since when you start to care? Whether I care for or not… Since when?”

Myungsoo can’t come up with anything at the moment. He was trying to say something but he just couldn’t. It felt like everything stuck on his throat.

“Let me tell you a secret. I care for her. I always do and there’s NOTHING that going to stop me from not doing that.”

Silent. Myungsoo blink couples of times as Siwon unbelievably do the verse.

“NOTHING… Including you.”

“W-what?”

“I like her. No. I LOVE THAT GIRL. Satisfied now?”

“What’s that have to do with me then?? What did you mean by-”

“Whether you did realize this or not, I do know what your deepest feeling toward her. And, you’re asking me why I start to show less interest toward that girl, right? Because I want to give you chance. The chance to grab her heart…”

“And, what makes you thing that you’re the one who have to give me that chance?”

“Simple. Because you never appreciate it when you had it...”

“Choi Siwon… Do I look that pathetic to you? That I need someone else’s just to justify my own heart?”

“I was just trying to get everything in the line for god sake!”

“What are you? A guardian angel? You know that you have to stop caring for everybody, right? You know what? You and your words… They do irritate me a lot.”

“I can see that well.”

“So… You think you’re going to give me the sympathy and get her instead? Tch…”

 “My love wasn’t to receive. I don’t care even if she didn’t choose me. But, I’m going to keep this feeling with me. Nobody was going to stop me from keeping it.

“You’re telling me that you’re going to love her for the rest of your life?”

“NO. I will love her even after I die if I could. But, luck would never stay on my side. Not even today.”

“What do you mean now?”

“You… Do you know the feeling?”

“What?”

“Have you ever felt it when she was around? Suffocating... That your heart is going to burst out from all the lovely, innocent face. Every time, both of your gazes locked, what will you do? Do you turn? Or as you just can’t avoid witnessing the dazzling and radiant eyes, you keep standing, stand still on the same spot. Hoping to see more...”

“That sounds a bit cheesy if you ask me…”

Myungsoo unintentionally scratch his non-itchy head. He was having this disgruntled look on him as he listened to Siwon.

“You don’t realize how serious this thing do you?”

“Easy gay boy… Ok. Back to our topic. Where were we?”

“I asked you. WHAT will you do? Yes. That was my concern, Myungsoo. Those sarang pyong (love sickness) that I used to watch on tv, those no ending dream that person had. I’ve felt it. And, it is beautiful. But, not to the state where I said, ‘From the first glance, I just know that this is my destiny. I have to face it. That person and I… We’re meant to be together.’ That’s… Will never going to be my verse.”

Myungsoo watch the face intently. There’s something on the expression that attract him.

“You… Do you like her that much?”

“Yes. Yes, I do.”

Myungsoo’s expression starts to change as he hears how serious Siwon was.

“You got to be kidding me.”

“What now?”

“Well, listen here Choi Siwon. Even if you do feel like you’re falling head over heels on her, stop being that special. Stop the thought that ‘I’ve felt that. I’ve felt this’. Telling things like it was the first time for me, like I’ve never experienced those things, like I have never been on those situation. Love... Is it THAT easy? Just by saying you’re caught in the sight of her, you can’t return, and you want to be in that state forever with that person, is it THAT easy? Yah, Choi Siwon! Stop the nonsense. Stop it right in this moment. You certainly know nothing about love, man!  What I feel toward her, what I’ve experienced with her and even what have happened between us… That was not your problem. And, it ain’t going to be so. So, just stop.”

“Are you going to be like this to the end? I’ll stop then. But, I would only do that if you stop this hide and seek. This game… Is it THAT fun? Do you enjoy it that much? Because I have promise myself that if you still going to be like this, acting innocent as you can be, then I’ll start my own move. By that time, don’t you ever hope anything could stop me anymore…”

“My feelings… It is not some toys for you to play, you see??”

“Same goes for that person then.”

“You just don’t understand it don’t you, Siwon? Suzy… Our bond is more complicated than you can see. It is far than what you can expect.”

 

I am so sorry I have leaving you guys for like zillion years. Huhuhu T__T But, I still want to say thank you to those who keep giving me endless support and subscribes this story. I LOVE ALL OF YOU. THANKS YOU SOOOOO MUCH GUYS ^o^