Valentine's Day

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris' POV

This is it. This is the day I've been waiting for, the day where 13 years of bottled up feelings will finally be released. I just pray that nothing will go wrong and I can express my feelings for her freely. What I want even more is for her to accept me, for her to return my feelings and for us to finally be together.

 

I was standing outside her classroom waiting for her with a fruit bouquet in my hands. I was conflicted of which to get her, I found out from the guys that she either wanted a chocolate bouquet or an apple. I opt for getting her a fruit bouquet instead since I'm sure she'll receive lots of sweets anyway so I should give her something healthier, plus it's a lot more original from your usual chocolate and flowers.

 

I've tried to confess earlier today but I chickened out and when I finally convinced myself that I could do it, she was already out of class before I could even get there. I really don't understand how someone so short could walk so fast. Now I'm trying again, I just need to wait for her teacher to release the class, take her to a quiet place, give her the bouquet, and confess. I nodded my head, sounds easy enough.

 

I saw the teacher finishing up his lecture and excusing the class. My heart was pounding in my chest at a rapid speed and I had knots in my stomach. This is it, when she comes out, I'm doing it.

 

“~~~~-ah.” I called, catching her attention. I walked towards her, every step I took seemed to make my heart push forward, practically bursting out of my chest. Before I could get any closer, a flock of girls came between us, fawning over me and pushing gifts in my face. I was a bit shocked from all the attention that I almost didn't notice ~~~~ leaving.

“~~~-ah, wait!” I called for her as she walked away, she turned back and gave me a small wave, walking off before I could even do what I needed to do. “~~~-ah, don't go yet!” I screamed but it was no use, she was already gone.

I tried pushing the girls away to go after her but it was no use, there was just too many of them. One of them even had the audacity to knock the bouquet out of my hands. I stared down at the ruined fruits, mouth agape. “YAH!” I roared, eyes pooling with hostility. “You ing ruined my gift!” The girls shrank down in fear, slowly backing away from me. “Just get the out of my face!” I lashed, making them all scurry away in terror.

When they left, I crouched down and pick up the remnants of the once fruit bouquet, my hands trembling with anger and frustration. I disposed of the ruined fruits and kicked the trashcan in anger. “Great, what am I going to do now?”

 

 

After calming down, I walked down to the courtyard since it was now lunch hours. I decided to forget about the gift and just confess, nothing is better then sincere words, right? I searched all around but didn't see her so I went to my friends instead since they weren't too far away. When I got closer, I saw that each of them had a red bag in their hands.

 

“Hey, have you guys seen ~~~?” I hurriedly asked.

“You just missed her.” Tao informed, taking a big bite of the red, heart shaped treat he pulled out of the bag.

 

 

“Yeah, she came by to give us all these treats.” Sehun added.

“She gave you all something?” I asked, staring down at them with jealousy. They all nodded their heads in response. “Do you guys know where she went?”

“~~~ noona ran off to find Taemin hyung.” Kai told. “She said she'll be back in five.” He curiously glanced at me, “Did she give you anything?” I furrowed my eyebrows and slapped the back of his head.

“Ow!” Kai yelped in pain, “What was that for?!”

“Do me a favor, tell her to meet me by the fountain near the library in 15, okay?” I requested before sprinting off in that direction. I need to plan out what to say.

 

I sat on the fountain ledge, impatiently tapping my foot. Why do these 15 minutes feel like hours? And can't my stupid heart stop beating so fast?! I feel like I'm going to get a heart attack!

“Kris!” I looked up and saw ~~~ approaching me, holding a couple stem of roses and some pink bags in her hands. I gulped at the sight of her and tried to calm my rapidly beating heart.

“Hi.” She greeted when she was in front of me. “The guys told me you wanted to meet me here?”

“Yeah.” I nodded, wiping my hands on my pants since I felt them getting clammy. I stared at her gifts, “Did someone get those for you?” I asked, hoping that it wasn't from some other guy who wanted to confess today. ~~~ nodded her head. “Just a few friends.” She nonchalantly replied. She plopped down on the ledge beside me, “So why did you want me to meet you here?”

 

I took a deep breath and took her hands into mine, “I have something to tell you.” I started. Her forehead creased with worry, “Is it something bad?”

“It depends on how you take it.” I gulped and released a shaky breath, “~~~~, I know that in the past 13 years, we've done nothing but fight.” I stopped my speech to look at her. “Our relationship has gotten better this past year, especially from living together but I've been hiding something from you all this time." I stopped once more and stared deeply into her eyes,  "~~~-ah, I..l-”

“Kris!”

Dear lord who is it now?

“Kris!” A couple of girls ran up to me and beamed, each holding stuffed animals and box of chocolates in their hands.

 

“Could you talk to me later? I really need some alone time with ~~~~ right now.” I politely asked, trying to keep my cool.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter