Moving Out

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris' POV

After Changmin and Yunho had found out about my feelings for ~~~, Yunho had to leave a few days later, having to go back home and back to work. Before leaving, he didn't fail to give me a few more warnings and even a few words of encouragement. The combination was strange and frightening. One minute he's telling me he'll chop my head off if I hurt ~~~, then a minute later he's cheering me on for things between me and ~~~ to progress well.

 

Before I knew it, Christmas and New Years passed by quickly and joyfully. There was a week left until Winter quarter would be in session. Early Sunday morning, I got a call from the Fire Marshall that was present when my dorm caught on fire. He told me that my dorm was all fixed up and that I could move in anytime I wanted, they even replaced the ruined furniture. My feelings when I received the news was a mixture of relief but also disappointment. It means moving back to my own place and being closer to the guys and school but it also means that I have to leave ~~~~. I've grown used to seeing her everyday and spending most of my time with her, I didn't want to leave yet, not when things between us were getting better. But I couldn't over welcome my stay, Changmin hyung has already done so much for me and I don't want to push it, especially since he became a bit uneasy with me being alone with ~~~ now. So I decided to move in the next day. I had already broke the news to ~~~ and Changmin later in the day and ~~~ was currently helping me pack my clothes while Changmin had to leave for work.

 

“Isn't this the jacket I got you when you first got into basketball?” ~~~ asked from her sitting position on the floor, holding up a black and blue varsity jacket that was less than half my size. I nodded my head, remembering how I used to wear the jacket all the time since it was a gift from her. It's a shame that it became too small for me.

“You've kept it all this time?” She asked, a surprise expression gracing her face. I nodded my head once more, placing some books into a box. She looked at me questioningly, “Why? It's not like it fits you anymore.”

“Because....It's precious.” I softly answered, continuing to pack my things without looking at her. “Everything you give me is precious.” I added, quiet enough so she wouldn't hear.

 

“No way!” She exclaimed, catching my attention. “You still have the puppet I made you?!” She asked with a huge grin on her face. She started playing around with the puppet, making it do random dances, “This thing looks so much like you it's creepy.” She held it closer to her face and examined it carefully, “I have some mad puppet making skills, maybe I should do that for a living....thought being surrounded by puppets all day sounds like a horror movie waiting to happen.” I chuckled at her silliness, grabbing the puppet out of her hands and gently placing it into a box.

 

“Kris.” ~~~ called. I turned to her and saw her cupping something with her hands, “Hm?”

“What's this?” She asked, holding out a small bundle of leaves for me to see.

“A mistletoe.” I replied, avoiding her gaze once more and turning my head so she couldn't see how red my face had gotten from remembering the reason why I kept the foreign object. She curiously tilted her head, “Why do you have this thing?”

I finally stared at her face, frowning, “You don't remember?” ~~~ looked at me lost, “Am I suppose to remember something?”

“You really don't remember what happened with this?” I asked again, feeling a little disappointed that she didn't remembered the memory that was so important to me. She shook her head. I sighed and shook my own head, sending her a small smile, “It's just something important.”

She carefully set the mistletoe down, “Can you tell me what it is?” I waved her off, going back to packing all my book, “Maybe some other time.”

 

Stupid girl, how can you not remember I kissed you under this for Christmas eight years ago?

 

Your POV

“Are you sure you don't need my help carrying up the boxes?” I worriedly asked from my sitting position on his bed as Kris came into his dorm with another heavy box in his hands.

“Yeah, now just sit here and look cute.” He curtly answered, setting the box down with a huff.

“But I feel bad just sitting here though.” I said, watching as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. Kris looked down at me, “...Then help me unpack some things while I bring the rest of the boxes up.”

“Okay.” I happily replied, hopping off the bed and onto to floor near some large boxes.

“You can start with whatever, I don't care.” He told, walking off to bring in more boxes.

 

I opened the box that was closes to me, revealing an assortment of shirts. I started placing his shirts onto hangers then put them into the closet. I grew curious and held a shirt up to my frame. “Eh, his shirt covers more then half my body, it looks like a dress on me.” I muttered to myself, throwing the shirt into the closet. I was too busy rearranging his shirts by colors that I didn't even notice someone else entering the room.

 

“~~~?” A voiced curiou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter