Pick Up

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Noona, do you need a ride home today?” Minwoo asked when the two of us were clocking out for our shifts at the animal shelter. “I can ask my mom to take you home like last week if you want.”

“It's okay Minwoo. I can take the bus.” I kindly rejected.

“Are you sure? Is it safe for you to go home alone?” He worriedly asked.

“I'll be fine Minwoo-ah. Noona is a tough person.” I beamed up at him as I put my jacket that was hanging up on the coat rack on. Even though he was two years younger then me, he was a whole lot taller but quite honesty, there weren't many people my age or around that was shorter than me. 

Minwoo blushed a small shade of red and gave me a shy smile, “I know you are but I can't help but worry.” I sent him a smile and started walking out the back door that lead to the parking lot with him following behind.

“Ah, I almost forgot!” Minwoo announced, grabbing my arm and bringing both of us to a stop. “I got you something!”

“Minwoo-ah, how many times do I have to tell you to stop buying me things.” I reminded. “You should spend your money on better things or someone else.”

“But I'm spending my money on the best person in the world!” He brightly mused, searching his backpack that he brought with him. “Eh, you seem to be getting pretty greasy these days.” I playfully pointed out.

“Ah, found it!” He told as he pulled out a box of apple flavored pocky and waved it in my face. “It isn't much but I know how much you love apples so when I saw these, I had to get them for you.” I was touched at his thoughtful nature. “Thanks Minwoo.” I told, reaching up and ruffling his hair.

“It's no problem!” He said with a big smile and slipped his hands into his pockets. The both of us began walking again, making light conversation about our weekend plans.

 

I halted in my steps when I saw who was waiting in the parking lot for me. Kris was coolly sitting in the driver's seat with the window rolled down and shades on his face. I mentally groaned, I forgot he told me he was going to pick me up today.

Once he spotted me, he gave me a small wave.

“Noona, who's that guy waving at you?” Minwoo asked, sticking close to my side just in case it was someone shady.

“My ride.” I unhappily mumbled.

“Is that....is that your boyfriend?” Minwoo fearfully asked.

“Good god no.” I immediately told with a disgusted look. “His name is Kris. He's a friend of my brother....sadly.”

“That's a relief.” Minwoo muttered. I turned to him, giving me a queer look and he embarrassingly rubbed the back of his neck, adding a nervous laugh. 

“Anyway, I'll see you next week Minwoo-ah.” I said and bid him a goodbye, walking to Kris' car.

“Noona wait!” Minwoo called, once again stopping me. “He isn't someone dangerous is he? Because if he is, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter