Drastic Measures

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After talking with Taemin about my feelings for Kris, I moped around at his house for a bit then came back home. I spent a couple hours with Changmin and Yunho before excusing myself to my room. I thought back to some of the things Taemin and me had talked about earlier.

 

“We can't be together.” I sadly mumbled to Taemin for what I felt like was the hundredth time that day. Taemin sighed. “Why do you think that?” He calmly asked.

“Because he's Kris!” I exclaimed. “In all the years I've known him, his longest relationship was probably two months!” I slumped in my seat, “Plus, he's a total flirt. Every girl on campus knows him and wants him. It's too difficult.”

“You don't know that.” He soothed, comfortingly rubbing my shoulder. Taemin grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face him, “I may not be the biggest fan of Kris hyung but you don't know that it'll be like if you were with him. It can be the best thing that happened in your life or the worst.” I contemplated what he said. “I'll go make you some soup..or try to at least.” He got up from the couch and patted my head, “Don't over think it.”

 

Isn't liking someone suppose to feel good? Why do I feel so bummed out right now?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Too lost in my thoughts last night, I didn't even realize I fell asleep. I just woke up to the annoying sound of my duck alarm clock. I slowly got up and walked into the bathroom like a zombie to freshen up. Once finished, I went back to my room and got dress. When I opened my door to leave, Kris was also leaving his room, making us stop and stare at each other.

 

“Hi.” He awkwardly greeted. “Are you going to school now?” I stared at him and felt my mood going down. I quickly turned away from him and walked downstairs, Kris hot on my trial. We walked into the kitchen catching the attention of both Changmin and Yunho.

 

Yunho plastered on a welcoming smile, “Hey you two, come join us for breakfast.” I quietly walked over and took a seat across from Yunho, Kris carefully taking the seat next to me. Changmin cleared his throat. “So, you two have anything fun planned today?” He cheerfully asked.

“I might go hang out with Taemin and possibly Kai at the dance studio after school later.” I answered while eating a banana. Changmin nodded, “Sounds fun.” He turned to Kris. “What about you?”

“I'm not doing anything.” Kris replied, keeping his gaze on me the whole time. I felt uncomfortable under his stare and finished off my banana as quick as I could, “Well, I'm going to go to school now. I'll see you guys later.” I got up and threw the banana peel away, grabbing my backpack and putting it on.

“Wait, wait. Aren't you gonna wait for Kris?” Changmin asked, surprised at my abrupt plan to leave. I shook my head and fixed the straps of my backpack. “No, I'm taking the bus.” I gave them a wave before leaving.

“I'm off too. See you two soon.” Kris announced, putting away his dish and quickly grabbing his things so he could catch up with me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter