Hope

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn't know what to think after ~~~ just confessed to me. My heart was pounding so loud that I could hear it in my ears. And the rate it was beating, I thought it was going to burst out of my chest. I mean, she just admitted that she likes me but I also had to keep in mind, no matter how much I wish it were true, that she's drunk. But in the back of my head, I kept thinking about how drunken words are unspoken thoughts. Calming myself down, I leaned down from my sitting position by her side and rested my elbow next to her head, placing my head into my hands. I closely examined her facial features, moving the hair out of her face.

I frowned when I took notice of her eyes, “Your eyes are all red and puffy. Were you crying after you left me?” I sighed and gently ran my fingers underneath her eyes. “Wasn't my comfort enough for you? Did you really have to go out and get drunk? I thought you said spending time with me made you feel better.” I whispered. “I know I'm not your boyfriend or anything but can't you lean on me? Can't you depend on me more?” I added, softly her cheek. “You know I'm always here for you.”

 

I moved to sit up and grabbed a hold of her hand. Even if she couldn't hear me I couldn't help but ask, “Did you really mean what you said? Do you really like me or were you just speaking nonsense? Because I would be really happy if you meant it, I would be ecstatic.”

 

“I still remember the first day I met you.” I started, still gently holding onto her hand, “You were only six years old back then. Did you know you stole my heart from the start?” I revealed. “From the moment I saw you, I was taken by you. I thought you were the cutest girl in the world. Way cuter than any girl in my class and way cuter than any famous actress out there. You were number one to me....and you still are.” I set her hand down, “Your hair,” I paused, a small smile forming on my face, “Were in cute little pig tails and you had on an overall skirt with a hot pink t-shirt underneath.” I chuckled at the memory, “Your mother always loved dressing you in the girliest of things, the complete opposite of who you actually are.”

 

“What caught my attention most were your chubby cheeks. Every time I saw them, they were always so rosy, so chubby." I said, lightly poking them. I released a shaky breath, "I never expected you to grow up so beautifully, I never expected to fall so deeply for you, and I definitely never expected for things to turn out how they are now.”

“And how could you not remember that mistletoe?” I lightly scold. “You were the first girl other then my family that I kissed. Even though the kiss was only on your cheek, it was still important.”

 

Our families were celebrating Christmas together like all the past years we've done it. Throughout the whole commotion and partying happening in the living room, I had noticed ~~~ missing from the living room for awhile so I went to search for her. I finally found her sitting alone in the kitchen staring out the window with her hands and face pressed against the glass.

 

“Wah, it's snowing.” ~~~ quietly muttered to herself in awe.

“Hey chubby cheeks, what are you doing in here all alone?” I asked, walking further into the kitchen with my hands stuffed into my pockets. ~~~ turned to me and frowned, giving me an angry glare, “What do you want?”

I coolly shrugged my shoulders, “Can't I be here?” Her eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, turning back to stare out the window and ignoring my presence. I silently chuckled, making my way closer to her. I noticed something dangling above where she was sitting and it immediately brought a wide grin to my face. I quickly closed the distance between the two of us and brought my face close to ~~~'s.

“Hey.” I called into her ear, startling her.

“What?” She snapped, turning to face me. I gave her a smile before leaning down and quickly planting a kiss on her cheek, “Merry Christmas, fat cheeks.”

Her eyes rounded to the size of dinner plates as her cheeks turned into a red shade that matched her dress. She screamed an ear splitting scre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter