School Carnival

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After that intense day of running last week, everything stopped the day afterwards and so on. I was still getting some glares here and there but no one was trying to kill me. I guess whatever Kris did worked, my peaceful days in school are returning....kinda. Kris was strangely protective during the whole time, especially after the first day. He never forgot to ask me if anyone was bothering me and always found time check up on me after each class.

 

It was currently on one of my breaks, I didn't have a class till an hour later so I was walking around campus staring at all the flyers and posters that they had around school. A big bright orange one caught my eyes, “School Carnival, Thursday the 27th 7-11 pm. ”

 

“Are you going?”

I glanced behind to see who had spoken, “What are you doing here Kris?”

“Class got canceled.” He answered with a grin. “So are you going?” I shrugged my shoulders, “I don't know. School carnivals aren't really my thing.”

“Yeah, you're more of an amusement park girl.” He said. “But you should go. I'll take you.” I gave him a queer look. “Don't look at me like that. Come on, it'll be fun.” I shook my head, “No thanks, your mob of admirers just started leaving me alone. If they see me with you at the carnival, it's gonna start all over again.”

“They won't, I promise.” He reassured. “If you go, we can do whatever you want and I'll buy you whatever you want.” I grew suspicious of his kind behavior, “Why?”

“Can't I just be nice to you without you being suspicious?” Kris asked, slightly frustrated. I continued to scrutinized him. “Alright, I want to make it up to you!” He replied. “I feel bad for ruining your date last week and what you had to endure from those girls.”

“You'll do anything I want and get me anything I want?” I asked, wanting to make sure. He nodded his head, a smile slowly forming on his face. “Deal!”

“Alright! I promise you won't regret it shorty!” He told with a wide grin.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kris' POV

Thursday came by quickly and I could barely contain my excitement when the time came to go to the carnival with ~~~. The thought of her hanging out with me so willingly made it nearly impossible to contain my smile, it felt like my cheeks were going to rip apart.

 

“What do you want to do first?” I asked ~~~ once we entered the carnival.

She looked around, seeing if anything caught her attention when a look of discomfort crossed her eyes. I look around to see what suddenly made her uncomfortable only to see a bunch of our peers watching our every move. I protectively wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer to my side.

 

She looked up at me as her eyes rounded in concern, trying to pushed my arm off her, “What are you doing? People are going to suspect us!”

I tightened my hold and gave her a stern stare, “Ignore them, they aren't going to do anything to you.”  ~~~ protested and tried pushing me away again but I kept tightening my hold. “I promise, didn't I? So just trust me, okay?” She gave up and sighed, glumly nodding her head.

“So what do you want to do?” I asked again.

“Can we eat first? I'm hungry.” She replied and rubbed her stomach. I smiled down at her and nodded my head, “Sure, eat whatever you want. My treat, remember?”

“I want cotton candy!” She exclaimed and grabbed onto my elbow, leading me to a candy stand. “Let's go wallet!”

I laughed and shook my head at her behavior, how food can change one's mood so quickly. Does she even realize shes willingly holding onto my arm?

 

“Hello how can I h-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter