Return of the Kings

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I ignored Kris for the rest of the day and stayed in my room. Pretty soon, I found myself asleep and next thing I knew, it was already morning. I didn't even changed out of my volunteer uniform last night. I just laid in bed trying to straighten out my thoughts.

 

I slowly got up out of bed and sighed. I wonder if I can get out of the house without Kris noticing me?

 

I carefully walked out into the hallway and ran into the bathroom just in case Kris came out. After I finished freshening up, I came out and stopped to observe my surroundings. Everything is quiet so maybe Kris isn't here.

 

Thinking that I was safe, I skipped downstairs and into the kitchen. But boy do I regret it. Kris was sitting on one of the stools we had in the kitchen but stood up when he saw me, his face brightening.

I guess Kris was here after all.

 

“You're awake!” He greeted with a smile. His expression quickly changed into a cautious one. “Did you..did you sleep well last night?”

I blankly stared at him for a bit before ignoring his question and walking to the fridge. I pulled out a bottle of apple juice and a carton of eggs. I heard him walk up behind me, “Are you making breakfast? Do you want me to cook something for you? You seem a bit tired.” I continued to ignore him as I pulled out a frying pan and set in on the stove.

Kris sighed behind me. “Can you please not ignore me?” He softly begged. “If you're mad at me, yell at me or hit me. I can't take it when you ignore me.” I gulped at his small confession and felt my heart hammering in my chest.

“~~-” He stopped when the doorbell rang. “Don't go anywhere, okay? I'll be right back.” He gently told, walking off to answer the door.

Once he left, I placed a hand on my chest.

Stupid Kris, why are you making me feel this way?

 

Kris' POV

I walked to the door and yanked it open, slightly pissed at the sudden interruption. My bad mood quickly disappeared when I saw who was at the door.

“Hyung! Your back!” I happily exclaimed when I saw Changmin outside the door with his luggage on the ground.

“Yep. And I brought a surprise!” He excitingly told. A new face popped up from the side of the door and I felt my soul leave my body.

“Yunho hyung!” I greeted, trying to sound excited even though I was feeling quite nervous on the inside. Yunho gave me a dark smirk, giving me a once over, “Wu Fan.”

I slightly cringed at the use of my real name but plastered on a smile, “I'm glad you're here hyung. Has it really been two months already?”

“Two months and two days.” Changmin precisely answered. I was taken back, did I really spend two months alone with ~~~ already? “Wow, time really flew by.”

 

Changmin suddenly squinted his eyes and peered down at my neck, a look of slight disgust on his face, “Is that a hickey on your neck?”

My hand flew up to my neck and felt around, even though that would be useless, “What?”

Yunho shot me a look, “Dude, do you even look in a mirror?” Changmin cleared his throat, “Whatever it is, I just hope ~~~ wasn't around when it happened." Changmin looked behind me, "Where's my baby sister?”

“In the kitchen.” I told and pointed back with my thumb. A huge smile found it's way o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter