Chapter 67

The unexpected that changes us

Hyunseung POV 

Walking out of his house, I blew out a breath. I finally speak out the truth. I really feel relieved but the fact that I don't dare to tell him that jiyeon death is cause by me. I know. One day, I will tell him the truth after he adapt to the surroundings. I wanted to get a cab but I see my car, the windows went down and it is yoseob. "Hyung! Come on in." he waved. I went into the car and he begin driving. "Hyung, how are you feeling? Mianhaeyo." he said. "I am feeling okay. You still dare to say that, where were you when I need you." I said harshly without hesitate. "Mianhae, jongmal mianhaeyo. I am just doing all the work in the office on the behalf of you." he said. I don't know what makes me talk like this but I don't feel good out of a sudden. "Forget it." I replied. We remained silence until we arrive home. The maid came out and asked if I need any help but I ignored them. "Hyung, are you okay?" he followed me upstairs. I didn't care about him and went into my room shutting the door. I took off every pieces of my clothes except for my boxer. I go ahead to the washroom to clean my face. I feel less dull now but I feel missing, i guess I have to go and take a look at Hyuna. I am sure she is home already. I went out and I see Eunmi. She look really shocked to see me shirtless. "So sorry.. and are you searching for me?" I asked. "It's okay." she look flustered and ran away. I go ahead to Hyuna room. I knocked on her door. Once. Twice. No one open the door. I open the door and all I see was her sleeping so well on the bed. I want to talk to her so badly. I couldn't bear to wake her up. I go ahead and sit on the bed. My hands go to her hair and then start it. Slowly, my hands goes to her face. "Do you like me too? Like as much as I do. Do you feel the same anxiety as I do?" I said softly. Her still sleeping so unconsciously. Why do I have to say these when she is not conscious. My face went forward and go down as I plant a kiss on her lips. 

Junhyung POV 

Depressed. Lost. I locked myself in the room. A lot of thoughts went through my mind, most of them are school memories and university memories. Why is it that I feel like there is so much more, maybe everything is just an illusion. Tears start crawling down. Like the rain on the sky, it just keep coming down. I put my head on the table. I could feel the door knocking but I just don't want to care. I just want to stay like this. I want to know the reason behind her death but at the same time, i want to move on. 

Hara POV 

Knocking and knocking. He refused to answer the door ever since he went in quietly after hyunseung left. Would he do silly stuffs? I doubt so. I guess the only thing is to sleep. Curious. I went to check that room. The room was indeed properly furnished. On the table, i see a laptop. I open it and saw a note. 'A goodbye doesn't mean a farewell for eternity, it means that you could find a better one. -Hyuna'  Guilty. I put it in the drawer. She must have love him a lot. I thought. 

Hyuna POV 

My eyes slowly opened. I see, it is just 7am. It's time I shall go and make the lunchbox now. I stretch myself and yawn out loud. I get off the bed and go ahead to the shower room so I could wash myself up. I begin to clean myself up after showering. I change myself into a casual office wear for work, it's the one that junhyung bought it for me. I took my bag and leave the room, to the kitchen. "Is there anything I can help you?" one of the maid asked. "No, it's okay. I am making for someone special so I want to do it myself." I said. Just then, i couldn't stop giggling. Because it have been real long since I made something for him. I went to the refrigerator and dug out some ingredient. I begin the fire and start frying them. Today I am making for him a korean style bento. I shall make for myself too and skip breakfast so I can eat with him later. It's running out of time too. 

Hyunseung POV 

I walk down the stairs as I smells something really pleasant and nice, I don't think it's the maids cooking since I didn't give them my menu for today. Outside of the kitchen, I peep inside. It is Hyuna preparing food. I smiled. I want to approach her but my conscious is a bit strong after what I did last night, although she might not hear it. She turn her back and start smiling to me as she walk towards me. "Oppa yah, thanks for the text yesterday. I am going off." she said. Before I could even say anything, i could hear the door shutting sound already. I go ahead but the food is already gone. I sulked. 

Hara POV 

A busy morning calling the xeno staffs about junhyung condition and how the office will work after junhyung go in later, i just hope there won't be any suspicion occurring later. It will be his life starting afresh, although he might have his memories back in the later time. I left the room and went infront the door of junhyung room. I knocked the door. I really hope he is fine, he is alright. The door immediately open, it is junhyung whose already in his office suit ready. "You are ready?" I asked. "Yes, let's go." he answered. Him, without eating anything just leave the house with me. He didn't talk at all. Not even a single word. 

Junhyung POV 

Today, i will go to work. To the place where I stepped in everyday that now have no significant memory at all. In the car, I could see her concerned face. With the after neath of yesterday, i just want to be quiet. I just have no idea. I slowly on her face. "Today I will drive but tomorrow onwards, you will be the one driving. Do you hear that?" she said. Yes, i do remember I can drive. I got myself a license when I was 19. "Is this car mine?" I asked. "Yes, this is yours." she said. I ain't no surprised at all. Walking into the office seeing faces that is so unfamiliar. All of them gave me a smile. "Everyone! Let's work hard together from today onwards." acting normal like we know each other but the fact that I don't remember a single person here. This is so that there won't be any awkwardness.  

Hara POV

  Being back here again, this is how destiny works. I bring junhyung to his room, his face is asual. A blanked face. "Oppa, this is your room. All the things you have to do is on the desk. You may just read through and do things like what you learnt in college. You should understand what I mean, i guess you had go through all the past documents yesterday so you should know." I said. "Yes I do understand. No worries, my dear." he said. I smiled. I just hope he is fine. I left the room and I went back to the room I used to be in, I am glad that all the stuffs of hers is gone. Upon telling the staffs to do that.  *flashback*  Holding onto my phone as I dialled the first number.  "Jaekyung-sshi, I guess you knew that CEO got into an accident right?" I said. "Are you serious? No wonder we haven't been seeing CEO and his ommuni called us that something happened so he couldn't step into the office for awhile." she said.  "Yes, he lost his memories. He had totally forgotten about the existence of Kim Hyuna so I will take charge of this company from today onwards. We will step in later, everyone of you please act normal like as usual when you see CEO in the past." I said.  "Sure. I think I get what you mean. So I will get rid of those stuffs in that room?" she asked. "Yes, and never mention anything about her to him." I said.  Jaekyung is the only person I trust in xeno, despite getting hates from the rest. She helps me the most still.  *end of flashback*  I on my laptop and all the emails coming in about the company doings. So thankful for the staffs whom send all these in. I begin doing my work, wondering how is he doing already but I guess he can do it fine. I go ahead continuing my job.

 Junhyung POV 

All these are making me insane, and not to forget I have to arrange for meetings and so. All of a sudden, the phone infront of me rings. I got taken aback but I end up picking it. "Sajang-nim, I am the guard from downstairs. Someone wants to look for you although I already tell her to look for you personally instead." he said. "Alright. I will come down." hanging down the phone, i wonder whose that. I leave the office as everyone eyes start roaming on me but I just walk away. I go down by lift and when the lift door opens as it reach level one, i see hyuna and she smiled to me. "Come in, and why are you here?" she followed as I told. "I am the one looking for you. I come to see you, it had been quite awhile since you discharge." she said. Surprised by her sudden visit. "You want to come and see my office?" I initiated. 

Hyuna POV 

From his sudden words of going up to xeno made me conscious a lot. "It's okay. By the way, have you eaten?" I said. "I have not ate anything yet." he said. "Is working very hard for you?" I asked. "Yes, it's quite hard." he answered. "Work hard then. Anyway we have been busying talking that you hasn't press any level button yet." I said. "Ahh yes. Let's go to the balcony." he said. "Good choice. I bought you something too." I said. Feeling very happy talking to him like this, deep down. We stepped out of the lift to the balcony. "What did you bought?" he asked. "Let's go to the seat there first." I said.

 Junhyung POV 

I didn't expect I would talk this much, ever since what I heard yesterday. How could I just talk this much with her. I guess I might feel stuffy mentally that's why I finally could really talk. At least back to the usual me, the me I knew when I am 19. My senses told me so. I got surprised as she took out two Bento's. She begin opening up the container cover. "Wow, it's all for me?" I asked. "No, this (Pointing at the one infront) is yours. That's mine." she said. Her clothing look extremely stood-out. "You dress really well today. That's so my style." I said. 

Hyuna POV 

Him Praising like this, he didn't even know that he is one that picked this for me. I cannot blame anything. His memories are all lost. "Let's eat." I said. "Yes, let's eat." he said. He smiled to me and have his first spoon of the food. "it taste so good, it's the first time I am eating all these right?" he asked. My heart dropped. The fact that he had ate all these before. "Uhmm..yes" I lied. Faked a smile. "Glad you like it." I said. I look at him awkwardly as he eat. His eyes suddenly look at me and I tried hard to avoid eye contact. Why am i feeling like this out of a sudden. 

Junhyung POV 

Hyuna doesn't sound right and there is silence out of a sudden. She stopped talking, as I keep eating. I look at her and realized she is looking at me with the same kind of eyes she gave off during rehab that day. Our eyes met, it become really awkward. I quickly begin a topic so we won't be anymore awkward. "Hyuna-sshi, what do you mean on the day in the hospital when you said that you escaped from university? Do I know you in university times or from hyunseung?" I asked. "From hyunseung." she answered immediately.

 Hyuna POV 

The fact that i don't intend to lie but I have to lie, i answered him cooly. "Hyuna-sshi, I might not know you well but I'm sure you are a nice person and a nice girl, I would wish to know you better and be really good friends with both you and hyunseung hyung." he said. Deep inside, I begin to feel very upset because we are distant out. Still maintaining my cool. "Thanks for your compliment, junhyung-sshi." I smiled. 

Junhyung POV 

I begin feeling more curious about her so I decide to ask more. "How come you escape from university?" I asked. "Want to hear more? I can tell you if you want to hear." she said. "Sure, why not." I said. 

Hyuna POV

  It is also a good time for me to say but I shall keep it low instead. "It's like that... I failed my entrance university interview and that time I fly to uk myself without depending on my parents, so when I come back to Seoul no one knows only my best friend know but because of family relations, I cannot go to her house to stay but thank god at that winter, I found a house to stay and that owner of the house is very nice to me, he gave me a job and also a nice room. A shelter for me." I said. Didn't dare to tell him it's him that gave me a shelter. 

Junhyung POV 

Hyuna story is so dramatic, I'm sure she is afraid of her parents and she is like some girls outside that actually ran away from home because of bad grades. "That's so dramatic, it's like I just watch some real life drama. Are you scared of your parents? And whose the person that gave you a shelter? He must be really nice." I said. "No, I'm not scared. I don't want them to worry for me as I had disappoint them, at least they would thought I'm studying well since I don't really talk to them and they can work well too." she sounds really agitated. 

Hyuna POV

I couldn't believe, I said all these out but at least he know it now. I feel so tired suddenly, emotionally tired. It's okay, I know I will never give up. I love him. "Understood, it's okay. I guess your tenant is treating you well now and your life is more independent now just like me." he said. "Just like you?" I said. "I no longer stay with my family, now I have a house of my own and hara is staying with me." he said. So I guess he went home, that home. "...how's home?" I blurted out. Oh dear, what did I just said. 

Junhyung POV 

What did she just asked just now. She sound weird. "What home? The house is really big, and I like the furnishing and everything." I answered. "I means how's the house by the way." she said. "I see..." I said. 

Hara POV 

I opened his room, and just then I don't see him at all. I went to look at his table to realized that he had done most of the work already, but the thing is, where is he. I left his room and then everyone eyes on me again but i ignore them as usual. I go around the building, and cannot seem to see him at all. So I go up to the balcony, as the lift door opens, Iwalk further then I heard Hyuna voice followed by junhyung voice. I turn left to realize that they are happily chatting. Iclenched my fist, feeling that I'm going crazy soon but I gotta stay calm. I step ahead and call out to him. "Oppa! So you are here, I'm looking for you." I said. Hyuna look at me blankly, I just smile to her since oppa is here. "I came and have lunch with Hyuna-sshi, I am almost done so we can go off soon." he smiled. "Then I shall get going since we are done." Hyuna said. "Ahh.. Okay." I replied. She stood up and begin walking away. "Hyuna-sshi, hope to see you soon and I had fun chatting with you. Do drop by often." junhyung said. It's like I am watching both of them having fun, i calmed myself alittle. 

Hyuna POV 

As I walk further and further away, I heard junhyung saying something. It immediately brought a smile to my face, I don't get why little things like this is making me happy. I shall just let natural take cause. I went to press the lift and when I left the building, I go ahead to flag a cab so I can go back to work.