Chapter 55

The unexpected that changes us

Hyuna POV 

I start feeling my body aching, my legs begin to be really numb and my hands are quite numb too. Then, I realized I fall asleep while resting my eyes last night. I opened my eyes and stretched my arms. To my surprised, i see hyunseung lying on the bed starring at the roof with his eyes open. He look really pale. "Oppa! You are up?" I asked. "Ye, I am. Oppa is okay, I know you are going to ask this next." he said. I smiled. "Yah! You really does know the way I speak. I'm so thankful for you, do you know that?" I said. I could feel tears coming out so I stood up with my head turning back. Just at the right time, I start tearing but I control myself not to make any sound. I cried silently. I wiped away my tears and turned back with a smile. His worried face then caught my attention. 
 
Hyunseung POV 
 
Body feeling real weak, not able to move properly because I just have my left lungs being transplant so it hurts. Her words made my heart stops for a while. I could see that she is crying but nothing could be out from this mouth of mines. I just feel touched. It is like i just entered her heart and I just made an impact out of it but I hate seeing her worrying for me especially at this time when she suppose to worry for junhyung the most. Not to mentioned. I am concerning about junhyung the most but I shall ask her later. She looks unstable and weak. "Oppa is totally fine now." trying my best to sit up although my face obviously shows pain. "Oppa, don't sit up. Just rest on bed and take care of body. I still need you." she said. My heart stops again, I cannot feel any happier at this moment because she really have the heart for me although I might not be her only one.. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
I feel so weak at this moment, why can't I stop spouting my true feelings and all. This is so unlike me, saying such stuffs so directly. I clear my throat and tell myself to be strong although it's hard but hyunseung is alright now, it's not like he is dying so I shouldn't speak like this. It made the atmosphere like a farewell talk now. "Silly girl, i am really fine now and i am so touched by you." he said. A smile then start showing out from him. "What's so touched about? I'm... just being impulsive just now but if you want me to make you more touched then you should stop acting strong." I said directly. I gave a poker face. "Arra arra. Where is yoseob anyway?" he start asking about that small built man. "He went home, he is tired last night so I told him to go home." I said. "Mwoh? That rascal...  I pay him to be on my side for 24/7 and he is lazing around already. Not to mentioned that i just let him off so easily for 2 years so he could go back to his hometown so he could spend more time with his parents." he said. I laughed. They must be really close. "Are you two really close?" I asked. "Actually, we are all close friends ever since high school times, together with junhyung, doojoon, dongwoon and gikwang but then we split into two after we graduate. Yoseob and I then doojoon, gikwang and dongwoon with junhyung. If you know them." he said. Knowing deeper of their lives, really reminds me of Sohyun, gayoon, Jiyoon, Jihyun and I before the 3 of them went Japan to study and we only email each other sometimes. Meanwhile I also get to know their life before I actually get to know them. Also, I think I should tell him about junhyung although i will become so weak but well I cannot hide it forever. "Speaking of junhyung.." I mummered. "Junhyung? So is he okay?" he asked with a concerned expression. I clear my throat once again and tell myself not to cry when I speak. I must be strong. 
 
Hyunseung POV 
 
"He survived. He survived the tough war but be prepared listening to these." she said with a painful expression. I could see her going to cry, how I wish I could just hug her but I am not able to sit up at all. "What?" I said. "His nerves is damage so he might become dumb or become like a kid. You know..." she said. I saved a life but the life might not become that original him but to someone, a new life. I embrace myself. Everything will be alright. He will be alright. It doesn't matter if he forgives me or not, as long as he is alive and is the yong junhyung. The way he is. I thought. "So you seen him already?" I asked. "No, I cannot." she said lowering her head. She must had gone through a hard time when I am not around. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
My first tear start rolling down as he asked furthermore questions. So I choose to put my head down so he won't know that I am crying. I cannot be weak anymore. "Just cry it out if you feel painful, just pour out your unhappiness if you feel like you are having a hard time. My existence is for you to lean on, as your pillar. Let's face this together." he said. This made my tears roll down more as I start crying nonstop. The door opening interrupt me but changed the atmosphere. It's the doctor. I wipe my tears and calm myself down. Both of us then face the doctor. "So how is he?" I asked. "He is fine now but he cannot sit up today but he may move around from tomorrow onwards. Of course, with wheel chair until he feel no pains or less painful. He may be discharge after this one week if his wounds didn't get infected. Also, he must not do any heavy duties until after the next two weeks. No alcohol too. He have to take leave for a month from his work as well." the doctor said. I'm glad he is fine but my heart starts to worry for junhyung too, wonder how is he there. 
 
Hyunseung POV 
 
What the . Aish. I have to lie down like this for the whole day. This is torturing. Then I have to be on wheelchair tomorrow. This is nothing different from being someone that is paralyze. I frowned. "Arra arra. Gomawo doctor." I reply informerly. "Oppa, I will go over to see junhyung. I will be back later." Hyuna said. "Okay." I replied shortly. "Then I will leave too. If you need anything, press the button there." the doctor said. In a while, I were left alone in the room. I sighed. What am I even doing with my life now. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
So relief to see that his ward have no one. I can finally go to see him comfortably. I opened the door quietly. I walk towards him and sat down. He just lie there lifelessly, with his eyes shut. "Oppa, when are you going to wake up. It's Hyuna yah. Chongmal mianhae." I said. I held onto his hands tightly. I'm surprised to see that there is so many needles poking into his skin on his body. His hands, his legs, his head is electrified too with the medical items. I could see his heart beat rate from the LCD screen. I could see how is his brain functioning too. I pulled up his shirt and get myself shocked after seeing how much stitches is on him. I begin tearing up again, tears are just overflowing. My heart hurts. I hold onto his hands and begged. Hoping he will wake up soon. Someone tapped my shoulders. It is the doctor, feeling a lot relieved. "How is his situation?" I asked. "Sorry to say but we already do what we can do so I might not know when he will wake up. He is in a state of coma now. All you could do is give him some strength like this. I guess he will hear you." he answered. My heart hurts upon hearing it. "Thanks doctor." I said. "To be honest with you, we rarely see cases like him. Normally people won't survive after an accident or no one will want to donate their lungs because the risk is very high and it harms the body a lot. This patient have a really huge will, he must be wanting to live so badly." he continued. I am just glad or more than just that because this is just a miracle that he is still breathing. "Yes, he is a strong man that he can still live until now." I said. "Perhaps." he said. The doctor left. I begin crying again, not because I am agonize but I am just relief and feeling a bit painful. I hope one day I could stop crying. I will face everything  bravely. 
 
Hara POV 
 
It's just another day. I hope oppa will get better. Holding onto junhyung omma arms as we start walking into his ward. Before we are going to step into the protection room before going to his room. By the opaque windows, i see Hyuna inside. This time I know I should just leave her alone. She is holding onto his hands and her face look painful. Before junhyung omma going to turn to me and ready to go in, I interrupt her actions. "Ommuni, you haven't had lunch yet right? Why not we go inside to eat before coming in later." I said. Since we come by my family car, I guess it is simpler to do things. "Since we came all the way, why not we go in first." she said. "We will still come back later. Your gastric will get worse if you continue being like this. Junhyung oppa is alright already. I am sure he will be up soon." I said. I hope she won't insist anymore. "You are so kind, yes I must not let my health be affected especially I have a son that is still on bed." she said. "Yes, I am glad ommuni think it this way. Let's go!" I said. We go to the carpark and I text my driver something before we get into the car. 'Driver, drive us to the furthest restaurant. Delay as much time as possible.' send by me 1 secs ago. Then I lead her to the car. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
It's just so strange, it's almost 4pm but no one is here yet. I got the urge to leave already but I want to stay here by junhyung side. I guess junhyung omma went home to sleep because she stayed here whole night. How about hara? Maybe she also went home to sleep. They must be going through a hard time. A harder time than me because since they are with him junhyung for many years while I am only with him for 4 months. We just fell in love under the same roof. Looking at him, all the memories flows back again. How we first met him during the times when winter is going to end, how I begin liking him more and more during spring and then fell in love during summer. This is how much I love him and how much I could do for him now. Being by him side, waiting for that one day he will wake up again. This is just day one waiting, there is still so much days to count and wait. I will have the patience to wait. 
 
Hyunseung POV 
 
It's just too bored lying on the bed for the whole day, it's 6pm already. Still waiting for Hyuna to be back but she is not. She should be by junhyung side. Reality hits me hard. The only thing I could do is watching the clock striking as time passes by. 
 
Hara POV 
 
We finally finished our meals after my clever plan to delay as much time as possible. "It's time we go to the hospital to visit him." junhyung ommuni said. "The hospital visiting hours is over. Maybe we can visit him tomorrow instead." I lied. As much as I want to see junhyung, I think I have to make things right in this situation. I mustn't be selfish. At least for junhyung, this is what I could do for him. He might be in coma but at least someone he truly loves is beside him now. I'm not that girl, or maybe I should move with him like what he suggest in the past. I just made a wrong move in the past. That's it. "Really? I miss my son so much." she said. "Sadly yes. We will see him tomorrow." I said. "Arraso. Let's go home now." she said. I smiled and nodded.