Chapter 13

The unexpected that changes us

Hyuna POV 

Same as usual, it's a monday and I'm back in the office. "Hyuna-sshi, can you go to the meeting room? President calling for you." hana said. Why is Junhyung wanting me to go into the meeting room, I am not even the higher position but I'm just a normal clerk I think. Before I go, I packed the things that I last finished. 

Junhyung POV 

Since hara couldn't attend the bussiness trip, I shall call hyuna to come in to attend this meeting with all the staffs that will be going next month too. Soon after. hyuna came in and so I start lecturing about the trip. "Hyuna-sshi, you will be going to Japan with us in replace of hara for business trip. After this trip, if customers are satisfied with your performance you will be promoted to be our deputy manager." I announced. "Junhyung-sshi why didn't you tell me earlier and I'm happy with my position so why a promote." she said in a state of shock. 

Hyuna POV 

Everyone eyes are looking at me, did I say wrong things? "We are at the office now so I'm telling you now. So will you accept this job? This is a great opportunity you know." he said. "Okay I will do it." I said. The meeting starts and Junhyung start talking about the project we are doing. It look huge and dense, i hope I could do it. As the meeting was over, everyone left but Junhyung held me back. "Yes?" I said. 

Junhyung POV 

Seems like hyuna doesn't know the way she should talk, rather than that she is just talking so informally as if we are at home. I have to teach her the manners here. "Hyuna-ah, in this meeting room or office you have to call me sajang-nim. Don't feel scared when facing meeting crowd in the office and be confidence in yourself. You are lacking a lot of it." I said. Suddenly, hyuna face changed. She looks like she is going to cry but still I have to continue my words. "The reason why I tell you about the business trip now is because this is work while it's personal when we are at home. I want to promote you is because I want you to make your abeoji proud if he found out the ugly mess you did to escape from school." I said. 

Hyuna POV 

I suddenly feel so bad after what Junhyung says, maybe it's true that I'm just a baby still that I should have study rather than working. Why must he do all these for me, just why. "Thanks for the words." I said. I quickly left the office and ran to the toilet. The moment I reached the toilet, I start bursting into tears. I'm just touched by what Junhyung did for me, at the same time I miss appa so much. He wants me to study and not working. I feel so sensitive today, maybe because I'm just too vulnerable and it is the first time Junhyung talked to me so bluntly. 

Junhyung POV 

Did I just hurt her. Yong Junhyung, what are you doing to a girl that is only 20? I thought to myself. She just left the office after all those I said to her. I just cannot help myself because I'm strict like this especially when I'm in the office. Tonight hopefully I could make her feel better. 

Hara POV 

As I walk passed the people, they are giggling again but this time I heard a different story. 'What is that girl relationship to president?' 'Why is she talking to him like this.' 'They must have a mystery relationship that's why president want to promote her just like this.' All these must be referring to hyuna. Seems like she is replacing me not only for the business trip but those office gossips too. I go to the toilet to fixed my make up while I heard weeping and crying voice. I push the cubicle door as I see hyuna crying. I am shocked but I feel sorry for her too. "Kwenchena? Hyuna-sshi." I asked. 

Hyuna POV 

I feel someone pushing the cubicule but who cares I just cannot stop crying. I face up and saw it was hara. "Are you okay? Hyuna-sshi." she asked. She feels like a different person now and she is caring for me. "Kwenchena. It's jus some problems but I will be okay." I said. 

Hara POV 

Hyuna looks like she just need someone to care for now, maybe I shouldn't treat her so bad. "Hajima. You won't look pretty when you cry. Your make ups are all smudged, come over I help you to fixed." I said. She start washing her face and then I help her to put on eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. "Hyuna-sshi, heads up and smile. Sometimes people in this world are just michin and love making people feel hurt." I said. I hope this would make her feel better. 

Hyuna POV 

I feel so much better after what hara told me. It's true, I'm weak and trust people too easily that is why I end up becoming so easily effected. We left the toilet while I go back to my desk to do my things. The amount of work I have to do still left with a lot so I start self-encouraging myself and do all of it. 

Junhyung POV 

It's almost evening and I bet hyuna is still doing her work. I decide to approached her and I found her sleeping on the pile of work. I tapped on her shoulders to wake her up. She get up immediately. She look really sick and tired. "Junhyung-sshi, mianhae for falling asleep. I'm done with all the work." she said. She look so lethargic now and her eyes are swollen. Did she just cry. 

Hyuna POV 

I feel someone tapping me as I fall asleep unknowingly so I looked up and it's Junhyung. The sky is getting dark too, it must be really late already. "What you want to eat tonight? What should I cook?" I asked. "Don't cook tonight, I bring you out to eat." he said. So we left the office and he drove me to the restuarant that we had meal for the first time. We went in as the waitress serve us. "Order whatever you like, just eat as much so you can feel better. I will treat you." he said. So he knows that I don't feel good. Since he knew it and not to make him feel sorry, I shall order whatever I like. "Steak set. Cheese pasta. Hawaiian pizza. Junhyung-sshi, do you want any wine?" I said. 

Junhyung POV 

I am so suprised by the amount of things she ordered, she must be venting already but I just hope she will feel better so nothing matters at this moment. "Just one glass will do. I have to drive later and we got work tomorrow." I said. "I hope the oversea trip that is coming quite soon will benefits you." I said. "Sure. I will cherished every opportunities." she said. The food comes and hyuna starts to gobbled it. "Eat slowly." I said. I start to dine in too. 

Hyuna POV 

From today onwards, I will cherished every opportunities and not being so vulnerable. The food was nice, maybe I'm cheered up a bit already. I feel so warmth now, the way junhyung treat me with food and all. After the feast we had, it's time to go home. He drove us back home. I feel so good to be home, maybe because I'm exhausted. 

Junhyung POV 

Although hyuna might be smiling but I don't think she feel good. I just feel like hugging her, my heart hurts seeing her like this. Even if i'm not the reason of her unhappiness and sorrows, I still want to see her happy and cheerful. I want to see the goddess I see everyday. I don't hope for any changes in her, she just look cute this way. I cannot control my feelings anymore so I pulled her into a hug. 

Hyuna POV 

I was shocked, Junhyung just hugged me and I just give in. My heart is pounding fast again. I just hope this would stays for awhile. "Hyuna-ah, don't be sad or disheartened. Even if I'm not the reason for you to be like this, I want to see the goddess I see everyday. The one that smiles so sweetly, the one that cook really good food and not forgetting the one that added colours in this house." he said. My tears dropped by these words. I didn't expect myself to cause such an impact to junhyung life. Maybe that's my personality that attracted him but the one he likes is hara. I don't expect things, I just want everything to goes smoothly and happily

Junhyung POV 

What did I just say to her. I just poured out everything to her, I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea, I'm a bit stupid too when it comes to all these. We hugged tightly as I feel her weeping and crying. "Thanks for everything you did for me, sorry for making a big mess today." she said. "It's okay. It's me being blunt." I said. "Stop blaming yourself. I will smile everyday and be the happy pill okay?" she said. I slowly let go of the embrace. "What matters is you are happy." I ruffled her hair. 

Hyuna POV 

I feel so much better after all these. "Jalja junhyung-sshi." I said. We then go back to our own room. I heaved a sigh and lie on my bed. 

Junhyung POV 

The moment I woke up, it just another morning and another day of work. I get up and went into hyuna room to see if she is awake or not. I stepped into his room as I heard water drizzling sound, I guess she is showering. It would be rude if I still remain here. No matter what she is still a yeoja. I went back to my room to washed up. 

Hyuna POV 

I showered and get ready to work. I went down to the kitchen as I make myself breakfast. Soon, Junhyung came down too. "Good morning." I said. "Good morning too." he said. "Make your own toast." I said. After our breakfast, he went to take his car as he drive us to work. 

Junhyung POV 

While I was driving, I remembered something. I have to tell hyuna to settle something for the overseas trip. "Hyuna, for the overseas trip right. Help us to find hotel in Japan and also book air tickets." I said. "I don't have a laptop to do all these." she said. I think it's time for me to get her a laptop as she will need it in the future. "Shall I get you a laptop?" I asked. 

Hyuna POV 

I feel bad that he is providing me things all the times. "It's okay. I can borrowed it from the company." I said. "No, I will get you one but when you get your first pay, you will have to treat me a big feast." he said. "Hmm okay then. Thank you so much." I said. I shall think of something special to treat him when I get my pay. "You are talking like we first met again. Stop thanking me." he said. "Arraso." I said. After so much conversing, we reached the office. I go to my desk as Junhyung went back to his office. 


Hope everyone like this :D