Chapter 53

The unexpected that changes us

Hara POV 

 
Running out of the car once the car stops at the hospital car park. I press the lift really hard feeling really anxious and depressed. He is the man that I grew up with and the only man I loved so far. Right infront of the operation door, I see Hyuna squatting down covering her face. I cannot explain how I feel and what to say. Her face turned up and face me. "I think you have the rights to know so I tell you. Stay strong." she said. Rather than having my heart soften, it felt harder because I really hate her. It's just not the normal dislike anymore. "So tell me what happened? The whole story." I said. "I don't know how should I start. I went to the opposite cafe to buy coffee then when I was crossing the road, I feel someone pushing me to another corner then when I turned back I see junhyung body on the ground with blood. The car flee away." she said. With much anger after hearing, I cannot control anymore. My hands swing across her face. "I decide to not chasing him anymore, not even being friends anymore. I just wish that at least he will have a better life with you because he love you a lot. In this 15 years since I know him, he never will even look at other girls or even fall for them cause he only look at me but after he met you, he is totally head over heels for you. I'm not stupid, I understand and could see through him although he still treat me the way it is." I blabbered out all my unhappiness out. I couldn't help it because my oppa is dying and is playing games with hell in that ing operation room. Hyuna start bursting into tears, I am not even going to have sympathy for her. It's not jealousy, she cause the death of oppa. I took a seat and pray that he will be alive. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
Traumatized. I cannot help it but just keep crying. I'm just a criminal. I'm exactly what junhyung omma said. I should have just left, why must my heart be softened by junhyung. He is driving me crazy, but he is my source of happiness. Being with him is like gem. I cannot lost him. I stood there praying that he will be fine, hyunseung is there to save him. I have no one I could lean on anymore, I feel helpless and depressed. "Mianhae hara-sshi. I have to tell you this." I said. "What's more to say?" she replied harshly. "Doctor say he need a lung transplant-" she cut my words immediately. "I can give my lungs." she cut in. "That is not what I mean. I mean that he is already having that operation inside and there is doner so whether he could survive or not..." I said. 
 
Hara POV 
 
Finally she is saying something I like to hear. I'm feeling hopeful now. I smiled alittle but whether he can survive or not, Its better be positive although inside still feel great anxiety. This is madness. I couldn't stop crying, just then I heard heels clicking from behind. I turned and it's junhyung omma. I ran to her quickly. "Ahjumma, oppa is still inside. I don't know what to do anymore." I ran to her and hugged her. "What's even happening? Calm down and tell me." she said. "You ask her." pointing to Hyuna. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
"you ask her" astounded by that sentence. I am facing his omma, yet again. "Can you tell me exactly what happened." she said. "He pushed me away then he himself..." I couldn't explain any further, I couldn't be any stronger. Her hands raise up, wanting to slap me. I braced myself because I deserve that slap. I survived hara slap so I can tolerate hers too. Before her hands going to land on my face, a hand blocked her from doing so. I open my eyes and it is hyunseung butler. The small built man. "Who are you to interfere my son issue?" she said. "I'm his friend too, everyone doesn't want this to happen too. It isn't her fault, no one should blame her." he said. Even in this situation, there is still someone standing by my side, another gem from the heaven. "Whatever you should say." she said. Then she go and sit with hara. I squat down alone again, with the man that helped me just now. 
 
Yoseob POV 
 
Whoever that is wronged are the people that is suffering a lot inside. I guess Hyuna must have suffered a lot. I start calling butler Kim. "It's yoseob yah. Can you help me something? I'm back to being with hyunseung now after my two-year break so you can stop serving hyunseung now but can you contact hyunseung abeoji that he is having an operation now so do bring in some tonic for him and most importantly is to come." I said. We hang the call and I go back to Hyuna side. She is squatting down facing down instead of sitting on the chair. I tapped on her shoulder. "Kwenchana? Do you want to go for supper? Normally a big operation like this will only be done by tomorrow morning." I asked. "It's okay, i can wait. If you are hungry just go ahead." she said. She is willing to suffer even till the end. I'm speechless. "Go and sit over there then. You have been squatting since you are here. Make yourself comfortable." I said. "Okay." she finally willing to make herself suffer less. We sit together, both of us silent and not talking at all. 
 
Hara POV 
 
Yoseob is there for her, she is really lucky. She will have a man beside her during crisis but there is none that will be beside me when I am down. My eyes just kept eyeing on them. Junhyung omma just sat there waiting for news. I just keep praying, junhyung cannot die just like this. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
As times passed by, I just get more and more nervous but calm too because there is yoseob that just keep comforting me. The operation door opens, my heart skip a beat hoping for miracle. Everyone start crowding around, the doctor ain't coming out but instead it's nurses pushing a bed out and as it come nearer, i see hyunseung lying on the bed with his eyes close. "How is the other patient?" everyone asked. Ignoring hyunseung, but for me I patted on hyunseung shoulders. Yoseob followed me as well. "Oppa, you did well. Thanks for saving junhyung life or can I say thanks for your lungs." I said while he is still not conscious yet. "This patient managed to donate his donor successfully. His health is still very weak and his liver is bad so he will have to stay in the hospital until further noticed." the nurse said. "You can go to the counter to register his records." another nurse said. "I will go apply for him." yoseob said. "You just go to check on junhyung, I will take care of hyunseung for now." he continues. I go back to the front of the operation door and the doctor came to us. "This operation had successfully wrapped out but be prepared of what I am going to say next." he said. "Ne. Tell us." everyone replies. "The accident had cause a huge impact on this patient. His lungs is back to healthy now because of the new lungs, his heart is still very weak but we have done something about it so it will cure slowly. But that is not the problem, the problem is that his nerves have been damaged real bad. I mean the part of the brain that he thinks and behave, he might become dumb or in worst cases, his IQ will become the iq of a kid or even his memories. I cannot assumed much until he is awake. Thankfully, his lower part of his body isn't hurt too serious so few stitches will be done. Right now, we won't know when will he wake up. It's up to his own will." he said. I turned shocked but I am relieved as well. Thank god. Thanks hyunseung. Lastly, the nurse pushed junhyung out. His eyes is completely shut, his face isn't injured. With the people around, I couldn't go any nearer but I just feel relieved enough. It's just another miracle. Now I just hope he could wake up healthily. After then, it will be up to god's will.