Chapter 49

The unexpected that changes us

Junhyung POV 

"Sajangnim! Junhyung-sshi." then I start realizing that I was on the dazed all along. My mind just isn't here, in the meeting room. "Sorry, let's continue." I said. Then the meeting continues... 
After one hour of meeting, I feel so tired. It must be because I didn't slept the whole night yesterday. "Sajangnim, why isn't Hyuna-sshi here today?" a staff asked. I walk forward back to my office room without answering any questions regarding where hyuna is, i refused to say anything. I continue flipping my work and project, with a heavy heart. I raised my hand a little, it is 1.30pm already. To leave early or not, is my choice. I will meet her tonight, i clenched my fist with a troubled heart hoping that she will appear tonight. I take my briefcase, locked my room and leave my office without telling the staffs that i am leaving. They should know, since they see me walking out the doorway. 
 
Hyunseung POV 
 
All of these taste really delicious, it give me a really warmth feeling. It have been over 10 years since i had eaten such nice food. Ever since the day omma passed away..... "How was it? You don't look well so maybe this few dishes can make you feel better." none had treated me with such motherly soul ever since that day. She is really a gem. "It is so delicious." i act cheerfully and then eat them in fast speed. "I must have troubled you a lot the last few days." she look really alright now. I hope that isn't a poker face shown on the surface. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
I hope these can warm hyunseung body, his health doesn't look good either. I had been troubling him last few days, this will be the new start of showing the optimistic side of me again despite the fact that my heart is still feeling heavy. "It's okay, what is the definition of a friend then?" he laughed. I laugh with him too. "You just stay here for a few more nights, i will arrange a room for you. This house is so big, just treat this as a hotel." he said. Neither ways, i cannot depend on him like this. "Oppa, i will go out later to go find for rented rooms so do not worry." i said. "Huh? For sure? You really decide to leave." he said. "Aniyo, i will go out to have some deep breath then i will come back later." i said. I finished my last spoonful, i go to the sofa and take my bag. "Eat more. I will come back later." i said. 
 
Hyunseung POV 
 
She left. I stopped eating them. "Ahjumma!!" i screamed. "Ye, Master?" she replied. "You know how to make cakes right? If i am not wrong, before you came here, you are a bakery owner right?" i asked. "You are right, master." she said. She laughed a little. "Teach me how to make them." i said. "Ey, how come so sudden and have an interest for it." she said. "Stop teasing me, ahjumma!!" i said. "Is it for a girl? Is it she? Ye, i will teach you master." she said. I began to smile like an idiot feeling enthusiastic.
 
Hyuna POV 
 
It feels good to be back here, my middle school. The last school i attend before i go to America. In a while, i think i saw my teacher. It's such a relief to see her here. It had been many years already. She is aging a lot. "Song-saengnim!" i screamed. She turned back and didn't really recognize me at all. "Do you forget me? I am hyuna yah." i said. "Yah! I still remember, you grew a lot!" she threw a hug to me immediately. I hugged her back tightly too. "How have you been these few years? How come you are back." she said. "I am doing well. It's a long story, songsaengnim." i said. "You don't look good, anything happened? Why not we go Han River for a walk, it is just near here. Do you still remember last time....." she said. "Don't you have any other classes? Of course, i still remember. Why would i forget?" i said. "Ka-ja! Ka-ja!" she held me on my arms with her motherly smile. 
 
Hyunseung POV 
 
I guess it's almost done. Ahjumma smiled at me and says that i did great. It is not easy at all, baking a cake especially when this is my first time. I go ahead to do the frosting on the cake and start icing/designing the cake. I hope hyuna will like this, i made plenty of efforts on it. The clock strikes 6pm, the time is getting late. I guess she will be back soon. Be patient, jang hyunseung. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
What teacher told me is right, i should stop escaping because this will only hurts me more. I cannot be selfish, although it is still the same. I take a look on my phone. It is 6.15pm. From here to Paragon hotel will be a really long journey. Junhyung, wait for me jebal. I flagged a cab and get in as soon as i get in. "Sir, drive me to Paragon hotel." i said. "There will be traffic jams along so you will be only able to reach in 1 hour 30 minutes. Are you fine?" he said. Wouldn't it be very late already. "Palli. I need to reach as soon as possible. Please help me." i said. "I will try my best then." he said. 
 
Junhyung POV 
 
It's 7.30 already. She isn't here yet. Does this means it will be the end of everything. I look at the roses i am going to give her and all the things i did. Anxiety flow through my body. I am afraid. Are you going to leave me just like this. In a short while later, the man signal me. Oh, so she is here already. I switched off all the lights. I clicked play for the video to start playing in a minute. 
 
Hyuna POV 
 
A man tells me to follow him as i alight and he leads me to an empty room and the lights are all off, is he trying to do ert things to me. "Help!" i screamed. Then, a slide show start playing. It moved me to tears. I didn't see junhyung around. Where did he go with just these.