Who's Back? They're Back.

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next four days go by in a flash and before you know it, the seven of you are on your way back to Korea.

 

As the private jet speeds down the runway, you gaze out the window, thinking that the month spent in Japan is surely something to remember—something that will significantly change your life back home.

 

Just how long are you two really willing to wait? You find yourself asking as you sneak a glance at LJoe and Myungsoo, who’s both passed out on their seats.

 

|| …………. ||

 

After a few more weeks of vacation, your second year of college finally arrives along with the much awaited return of one of Daewon University's reputable students, Kim Joon Myun.

 

Upon hearing the news, you rush over to the medical building and search for the familiar head in the sea of soon to be doctors. In a split second, you spot him standing with a cluster of people welcoming him back after his yearlong absence.

 

"Sunbae!" you call out happily accompanied with the brightest smile.

 

Suho turns his head towards the direction of your voice and upon laying eyes on you, he excuses himself from the group. He walks over to you without returning any sort of greeting and escorts you out the room. Written on his face is an unreadable expression you somehow fail to notice.

 

He leads you to a vacant hallway in silence, walking with longer strides than normal to avoid being next to you.

 

"Welcome back," you say cheerfully, still wearing the same smile as you walk behind him.

 

Suho forces himself to return the enthusiasm, but fails to do so. Instead, he simply nods in reply.

 

"Since you're back, I think we should definitely celebrate. But don’t worry, you don’t have to do anything, Hana and I will—" you start with excitement, but he suddenly cuts you off.

 

"Mi Young," he begins, his voice tired and pained. He stops walking and turns to face you, keeping a safe distance.

 

You stop on your tracks and meet his withdrawn eyes, thinking that you might have overwhelmed him with your idea. “I’m sorry…It's just that you’ve been gone for a very long time and a lot of people really missed you—including myself—so I thought…" you explain, lowering your voice to a whisper.

 

Suho breaks from your apologetic gaze and sets his eyes down the empty corridor. The very sight of you causes unbearable pain in his chest, while each passing second temps him to break the promise he forced himself to keep. "Stop,” he tells you softly, “We should stop.”

 

Oblivious of his situation, you stare at him in question, “Hm?”

 

Suho pauses for a second time, gulping down the lump in his throat as he tries to muster up the courage to finally push you out of his life. "I’m sorry Mi Young…but I can no longer look after you nor can you do the same for me,” he clarifies, using every ounce of his energy to keep the cold façade, "What I'm trying to say is that…we can't go back to the way we used to be…so please, consider me a stranger."

 

"What—sunbae…" you breathe out, completely lost for words. You change the direction of your gaze from his avoiding eyes and scan every inch of him as if searching for an explanation.

 

Unfortunately, he gave none.

 

Similar to before but unlike then, this time seemed permanent.

 

"I’m really sorry," he whispers before making his way back.

 

|| Three Months Later ||

 

Lecturing to the last second, your accounting professor finally closes her books at 2:15 PM on the dot.

 

You quickly gather your things and dash out the room to meet Myungsoo, who has been patiently waiting by th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter