The End to the Rivalry

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some weeks have gone by since that night out with Myungsoo and since then, your days have been filled with text messages, phone calls, video chats, and casual meet ups. And within this short period of time, you’ve gotten to know the many sides to Hansung University's ice prince.

 

On another note, you've also gotten closer to LJoe and somehow, you're now able to better understand his...interesting personality.

 

|| Two Months Later - Daewon University ||

 

“They’re here! They’re coming!” an anonymous voice shouts from the distance, causing the entire student body to scatter outside—their eyes burning with desire to see the daunting entrance of two infamous rivals: Hansung University and Shinil University.

 

Completely ignorant of what’s happening and what’s about to happen, you and Hana join the crowd of busybodies. You fight your way through, using your arms to part the sea of people. Yet, it’s only after you’ve been pushed and shoved in every direction, did you finally spot an opening. And so, you dash towards the empty space as fast as you can manage and pray with every step that no one will beat you to it.

 

Once you’ve gained the hard-fought access to the scene, you quickly find yourself in a state of disbelief.

 

“What in the world…” your equally dumbfounded cousin breathes out, examining the movie-like commotion materializing below you.

 

Emerging from the south gates of Daewon, LJoe and about twenty of his crew march down the grounds of your university with him in the lead and Chunji and Changjo on either side of him. Similarly, entering from the opposite gate, Myungsoo's circle trail closely after him with Woohyun to his right. Both groups come to halt as soon as they arrive at the dead center of the vast field, filling the air with intimidation and nerve-racking anticipation.

 

Following from a safe distance behind them, is an ocean of screeching girls who commuted from various schools around the province. They invade your campus like a swarm of bees—a tenacious swarm too difficult for Daewon's security to control and keep off university grounds.

 

After sympathizing with the helpless and failing group of overwhelmed guards, you switch your attention back to the two leaders who are standing face to face at center field. They glare at each other with jaws clenched tight and a serious expression on painted their faces, looking like they’re ready to fight.

 

By now, all students and faculty members have stretched their necks and poked their heads out of every window and open space they can find. With stillness surrounding the area, they hold their breaths and wait for this unimaginable confrontation to start.

 

“What the hell is going on?” you whisper to your cousin, who silently shrugs in response.

 

Incapable of coping with the unknown any longer, Hana hurriedly dials her boyfriend’s number—something she should’ve done in the very beginning—but he refuses to pick up. “Aish!” she curses at her phone before turning her enraged eyes to the figure standing just some feet behind LJoe. “Oppa!” your cousin yells from the second-floor window, "Chunji oppa!"

 

Hearing her calls, Shinil’s third in command glances at her and smiles. He raises a hand and waves, signaling his acknowledgement of her before turning his attention back to their Hansung University counterparts.

 

“This is ridiculous,” you mumble under your breath as you anxiously wait for the first punch or kick to be thrown. But of course, no longer able to sit still, you once again throw yourself into the unforgiving crowd and head for the nearest staircase leading out to the field.

 

“Wait! Mi Young-ah! Please wait for me!” Hana screams as she sprints after you, but you refuse to slow down or even reply to her call.

 

You fight your way through an even larger horde—unintentionally shoving people left and right—until you reach the center. "STOP THIS!" you yell at the top of your lungs before letting your hands fall to your knees in exhaustion.

 

After catching your breath, you straighten back up and are immediately met with the unthinkable. Right in front of you, in full view, Myungsoo reaches out to shake LJoe’s extended hand.

 

The two guys turn to you, both with eyebrows raised in question. "Mi Young?” they ask simultaneously.

 

Dumbfounded, you remain awkwardly frozen, unsure of what to make of the situation. “Wha—what a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter