~Episode 39~

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon reaching his home, Minhyun was stopped by his dad when he happened to pass by the living room.

 

“I guess you had fun in your birthday..” He said while carefully turning his wine glass.

 

“Oh you know that it was my birthday today?” Minhyun sarcastically said, “If you do want to know, yes, I had fun. Good night”

 

“I hope you had fun with your girlfriend..” Mr. Hwang smirked, “Come to think of it, that was already my gift to you..”

 

“Really? Thank you that was very nice of you. I’m tired. I’ll be going to bed..” Minhyun went upstairs, not getting what Mr. Hwang meant.

 

Minhyun sighed as soon as he sat on his bed. His phone rang, showing an unknown number, at first he didn’t answer it but the caller seemed to be persistent and didn’t stop so he answered it, “Who’s this?”

 

“I suppose you are Hwang Minhyun..” The other line said.

 

“Who’s this?” He asked again. Getting alerted a the voice.

 

“I’m just a guy who has two girls, VERY important to your life..”

 

“What do you want?” He stood up. He want to run and go to that person whoever it is.

 

“Simple. Money”

 

“Where are you? How much do you want?” He asked, walking every part of his room.

 

“Stop right there little boy. I don’t like any specific amount. I want it to come from your heart. Your company maybe?”

 

“Stop kidding and tell me where you are” He dared.

 

“I bet we can make a deal out of this. Ok. I’ll send you the address” The unknown person said before cutting the line.

 

After a few seconds, the caller sent him the address and a picture that made Minhyun rushed out of his house without uttering a word to anyone. A picture of you and Bo Young, almost lifeless.

 

 

Meanwhile, JR drove to Ren’s ramyun shop as soon as he received the call. Police were investigating the scene and there was Baekho and Aron, also helping Ren out.

 

“What’s happening?” JR asked.

 

“The police are looking for them right now..” Ren said, “Is there any news about Krystal?”

 

“None” JR shook his head, “Krystal is.. my long lost sister..”

 

“What? So you’re the brother that Krystal is talking about..” Aron pointed at JR.

 

“Sir, I think we found a clue..” The police interrupted their talk.

 

-

 

“Save Bo Young..” Minhyun decided.

 

“WHAT? MINHYUN! ARE YOU REALLY THAT SELFISH?!” Krystal shouted. It was supposed to be you who’ll be saved.

 

“Well I guess love can’t save you after all..” Mr. Jung sadly shook his head.

 

“I.. will give you my company..” Minhyun said while looking at you. You could say that he is sorry about the decision he made.

 

You wanted to understand but no. If this guy you love really loves you back, he would save you but no, he chose his first love. You were angry and hurt on how this man could be selfish, sacrificing ones love just to be with someone. And at this point, everything that happened tonight was a lie.

 

“Any few words?” Mr. Jung asked you.

 

“Remember this day..” You looked at Minhyun with pure anger because this really went to the extreme extent, “that you.. save unnie”

 

You looked at Bo Young, “Unnie.. He loves you. Very much. I hope you two be happy..”

 

“Oh no. Just cut the crap..” Mr. Jung pointed the gun at you and everyone were alarmed, “Krystal, stay away from that girl..”

 

“NO!” Krystal shouted and blocked you.

 

“If you’re not going to get out of the way, I’ll pull this trigger and let both of you die..” Mr. Jung threathened.

 

“Go ahead. You did to my mom so it’s not going to be surprising if your going to kill your daughter..” Krystal answered back.

 

Without any warning, Mr. Jung pulled the trigger and targeting it to Krystal leg. Everyone gasped when Krystal fell on the floor. You looked at her father and you saw the gun was pointing at you. When he pulled the trigger, Minhyun pushed his hand the bullet hit your shoulder. Then another sound was heard and you’re very sure that it wasn’t from Mr. Jung’s hand before you went black out.

The next thing you saw when you opened your eyes were white lights. You were regaining your consciousness when two old face appeared in front of you.

 

“You’re awake..” Mrs. Yoo said, almost tearful.

 

You tried to sit down when the two assisted you, “Gomawo.. But.. Why are you here?”

 

Mr. Yoo warmly smiled at you and you were starting to get confused, “Because we finally saw our real daughter..”

 

You smiled, “Chincha? Where is she?”

 

Your mother started to cry and you worriedly looked at her. Mr. Yoo then held his wife’s houlders, “She’s in front of us..”

 

“Me?” You asked again.

 

Your mom nodded and hugged you carefully, not wanting to hit the part where you were shot. You cried in happiness. You were always longing for your parents that you almost gave up looking for them. You thought that they really abandoned you, how come they didn’t look for you it’s about 18 years now but knowing that your parents are the Yoo’s who are crazy looking for their daughter, your assumptions weren’t true. You knew they did everything to look for you.

 

“Umma..” You called in between your sobs. Your mom parted the hug and your father hugged you, “Appa..”

 

“Don’t cry my daughter..” Your dad, soothed your back.

 

When Mr. Yoo was about to cry, he parted and wiped his eyes, “Many are waiting for you outside..”

 

You looked down, remembering Minhyun. You don’t want to see him ever again. You don’t want to hear his lies again and most of all, you don’t want to be stupid and believe them anymore.

 

“Can I see them tomorrow? I’m tired..” You lied.

 

“Arasso.. I’ll tell them to go home..” Mrs. Yoo nodded and went outside.

 

“Hhow’s Unnie and Krystal?” You asked about the two.

 

“Bo Young is waiting for you outside. She’s okay, only dealing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter