Chapter 9

Twins' Adventure

 

February came and go, and in came March.  March was a good year for K-POP. Big Bang made a splash with “Fantastic Baby”, “Blue” and “Bad Boy” Almost all the 2011 groups made a comeback this March and new groups debuted on this month too. That’s when I heard I scream. I was eating breakfast early that time, because I and Jaehwa had to go to school after the weekend, when I heard a scream from my room.

 

 

My eyes widened in fear as I grabbed my bowl and dashed inside the room, holding my spoon like a sword. Never underestimate and teenager with a spoon for a weapon. “Where?! What happened?! Who broke in?!” I asked wildly as I blindly hit anything or anyone in front of me. 

 

 

“Calm yourself Minhwa! I screamed in delight, not in fear.” I heard Jaehwa said over my shouting. “Then why the hell did you scream as if the room is about to collapse?” I demanded, sitting down on the floor, panting from the effort. 

 

 

“It’s just that I’m watching a new group debut on TV, look.” Jaehwa pointed the TV with the remote control. I looked and saw that she was right. The group’s name appeared on TV and the song they were going to perform. The group’s name was NU’EST and the song was entitled, “Face”.

 

 

They sat in chairs as the music started from nothing to a sick beat. They used the chairs as props, and it was amazing. The blonde boy, the one with his hair up, not the smaller one, sang great. I didn’t know anyone who can hit 3 high notes without going down. It was not the “stairway up” technique when the blonde hit that high notes. He did it right on the point, no sideways or curves, it’s like a slide that’s going up. 

 

 

I stared at the TV until the performance was over. My evaluation. Blonde haired boy; very good in dancing and singing at the same time. Guy whose right eye is covered by curly brown hair; awesome in rapping. The English guy who rapped at the end; nice pronunciation in the English words. Something tells me he was scouted in the US. The guy who has a butterfly-like tattoo on his face; nice singing too. And then the smaller blonde haired guy who everyone might think he’s a girl.

 

 

I wish they had half a mind to know that groups with boy AND a girl in it is not too popular. So, what I thought about the smaller blonde? His voice is definitely different. Some may say it’s annoying, but for some reason, it’s really nice to hear. All in all, I like the group. I glanced at Jaehwa and I instantly knew that she didn’t just like the group. She loved it.

 

 

“So, found another group to fangirl over?” I . She grinned and turned the TV off. “Maybe. I really like the guy who sang first. I didn’t boys could do that.” Jaehwa said. I nodded, understanding that she was also amazed on the blonde haired boys’ high notes. “Come on; let’s ask them if they know the new group. Looks like they have serious competition.” I said happily. Oh the joy on seeing the boys jealous that their fans suddenly like NU’EST more. We decided to check on Zelo and Jongup first, because we know that Yongguk would be sleeping alongside with Himchan.

 

 

We knocked and after a moment there was a, “Come in”. We went inside to see the boys watching in their TV. They were still in their pajamas. Jongup had plain blue pajamas as Zelo had on pink ones with clouds and a pony printed on the sides. THAT was disturbing. 

 

 

“So, watched NU’EST?” I asked, sitting on Jongup’s bed with Jaehwa. “Hey! Why no one’s sitting in my bed?” Zelo pouted and buried his self on his pillow. “No worries. Min, transfer.” Jaehwa ordered. “What?!” I asked loudly, looking at Jaehwa like she was crazy. “Please Min? He’s lonely.” Jaehwa pouted and I gave in. 

 

 

I stomped over to Zelo’s bed and flopped down beside him. “So, have you?” I asked again. Now that Zelo was outside of his pillow home, we can converse properly. “Yeah. They’re pretty good for a new group.” Jongup complimented, though I can hear the worry in his voice. I smiled mischievously and put on a pouty face. “Awww, is B.A.P scared of worthy competition?” I batted my eyelashes and patted Zelo’s ramen head.

 

 

“Hey! We’re NOT jealous of them.” Zelo said angrily, scoffing and huffing. I laughed. They were so jealous. “Look, they’re getting interviewed right now.” Jongup said, turning the TV volume up. I got a pillow from Zelo, and of course, he wildly protested. “Yah! You have two pillows, give me one!” I demanded, yanking the pillow out of his grip.

 

 

“Fine. Just because you’re cute, doesn’t mean you should use that against me.” Zelo smirked as he watched TV. I swear, it’s either I hug him for saying that, or punch him in the face for that smirk. I lay down beside Zelo and watched.

 

 

“Show time, NU’EST time! Annyeonghaseyo! We’re urban electro band, NU’EST!” They introduced themselves. I heard Jongup snort and Zelo saying, “Our greeting is way better.” I shushed him and continued watching. “So, would you please introduce yourselves?” The interviewer asked, handing them a mic. “Annyeonghaseyo! I’m JR, Aron, Minhyun, Baekho and Ren.” The guy named JR introduced, pointing to each of the member as he said their name.

 

 

“So, that’s the name of your crush, Jaehwa?” I grinned as I glanced at her. She was bright red. “WHAT? They only performed one song, and you’re crushing on them already?!” Jongup asked in bewilderment, shaking Jaehwa. “Well, Baekho is pretty good in singing.” Jaehwa admitted shyly. I laughed at Jongup’s shocked face. “Yah, do you like anyone there?” Zelo whispered beside him. I forced myself not to shiver from his breathe. “I like JR. His rapping is the bomb.” I said, just to . “I can rap faster than him!” Zelo protested loudly. “Yes, you can. Though I prefer JR’s rapping.” I teased again, just to see his face red with anger.

 

 

“So you’re not a Baby anymore?” Jongup sulked along with Zelo. Me and Jaehwa burst out laughing. It was nice to get them mad for a change. “We still love you guys, don’t worry. And besides, there’s no crime in liking another band right?” Jaehwa asked the two. Of course they just rolled their eyes. Boys and their pride. 

 

 

“I should probably write a law about that.” Zelo said, still sulking. I chuckled and, as if it came naturally, I kissed him on the cheek. I pulled away, shocked by what I did. Even Zelo was left dumbfounded. Jongup and Jaehwa snickered together. “Oh, looks like they’re getting friendly, right Jaehwa?” Jongup teased as me and Zelo blushed in embarrassment. “Looks like it Jongup.” Jaehwa agreed.

 

 

“GOODMORNING!” Youngjae greeted loudly as he and Daehyun came piling in. They both sat on the floor and leaned on each other. I smiled. They looked like a cute couple. “So, watched NU’EST? Baekho is like, oh my gosh.” Youngjae fangirled. “Hey! HE’S MINE!” Jaehwa shouted at Youngjae who looked like he was about to pee in his pants. The rest of us laughed. “So you’re not a Baby anymore?” Daehyun asked. “That’s what I asked!” Jongup said and high fived Daehyun.

 

 

“We’re still Babies. It’s just that we like to find more bands to like. We are open minded like that.” I boasted. Then, Yongguk and Himchan went inside, yawning. “NU’EST.” Yongguk said, looking at us. “Yep, they’re hot.” I commented. “Yah! You’re too young for that!” Zelo nagged as he covered my eyes from watching NU’EST. “Yah! I don’t want to go blind!” I demanded as I tried to remove his hands from my eyes.

 

 

The guys and Jaehwa shared an amused look that says, "Here we go again." 

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update! Wifi connections and my dance recital got in the way :)