Chapter 36

Twins' Adventure

JONGUP'S P.O.V

 

   “Hyung! Are you sure we’re not lost?” Zelo asked me as we walked down an unfamiliar road. I shook my head amusedly and checked my phone. Youngjae told me that they needed more time to prepare, so I purposefully forgot where our managers’ house was. And since Zelo is no good with directions, it was all cool. Until he saw what I texted back to Youngjae.

   “Hyung! Why did you text Youngjae that we took a detour?! What are you hiding from me?!” Zelo demanded, stopping abruptly. I panicked and thought of a way to get Zelo’s mind of what I just did.

   “Manager told us to meet the new girl group he’s making! And Youngjae told me to take a detour because Manager didn’t want you to know. But, you did. So let’s pretend that they tricked you, shall we?” I lied naturally as Zelo nodded his head.

He started skipping as I rolled my eyes at the silly kid. This better be worth it.


MINHWAS’ P.O.V

 

   “Yah, Yah! YAH KIM HIMCHAN! Don’t you dare throw that to me!” I said loudly, cowering behind a plate. He had a fist full of flour, and he was intending to throw it all to me. Himchan laughed and aimed at me.

“YAH! DO THAT AND I WILL KILL YOU SLOWLY!” I shouted, standing up straight and tossing the plate somewhere.

   Too late I realized my mistake when the flour hit my face. I spluttered some out as I heard Himchan laugh aloud. I growled as I reached the nearest thing to use as a weapon. I reached for the icing.

I smirked as I aimed it at the laughing Himchan. Himchan noticed me with the icing and backed up slowly. Too bad that the wall was there to stop Himchan from backing up.

   “Now Minhwa, let us- YAH! DID YOU JUST SQUIRT ICING AT ME?!” Himchan demanded as I squirted him more icing. He tried to run away, but I was on his heels, squirting him wherever he went. I laughed as Himchan ran towards the bathroom and locked the door.

   “Minhwa, did you finish baking the cake?” JR asked, straightening up from fixing one of the presents that were tossed at the side by my foot. Hey, the presents were in the way of me torturing Himchan.

“Yes Oppa, we did. It’s on the counter. Where’s Jongup?” I asked, setting the icing down.

   “Jongup says he’s coming home now with a disappointed Zelo. Jongup lied to Zelo and told him that he’ll meet a new girl group at their managers’ house.” JR chuckled. I sighed, typical Jongup to prank Zelo.

“Is he anywhere near home?” I asked again. JR checked his phone and nodded.

“They’re rounding the corner.” JR replied lazily.

Then a moment later, JRs’ eyes widened.

   “THEY’RE ROUNDING THE CORNER! YONGGUK HYUNG! THEY’RE ALMOST HERE! POSITIONS! CODE RED CODE RED!” JR screamed, running around the house. I rolled my eyes as I went to my position, which was behind the couch. I saw Youngjae and Daehyun bump into each other and groaned.

   I stifled a laugh as I pretended I didn’t notice. All was quiet as everyone took their places. The light was off, and no sound was to be heard. Suddenly, the front door opened. “Yah, why are the lights off?” I heard Zelo asked.

Jongup opened the lights and we jumped on Zelo.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” We shouted in unison as we stared happily at the shocked Zelo.

“You guys, the banners, the detour-“

“It’s all for your birthday Ramen Head.” I answered, smiling.

   His shocked face changed into a happy one as he smiled and hugged Jongup. I didn’t realize that he hugged Jongup was because he was crying. Yongguk managed to pry Zelo of Jongup and hug him.

“Hyung, you did this all for me?” Zelo asked, crying. Yongguk patted his head and smiled.

   “Of course, Junhong. We all love you that’s why we decided to do this for you. I hope you’re not tired because we prepared a party for you.” Himchan said cheerfully, gesturing towards the snacks and drinks at the coffee table.

   “And, we also have music” Daehyun said, gesturing towards the stereo. Zelo hugged everyone of us, still crying of happiness which made Youngjae cry. Finally, Zelo stopped in front of me and smiled.

“Happy Birthday, Ramen Head” I said, smiling.

“Thanks Min,” he replied, bending down to kiss me.

Does this boy ever get tired of this? Because I’m not. I smiled through the kiss as I wrapped my hands around his waist. I pulled away, gasping for air.

“Is that my birthday gift?” Zelo asked, smiling smugly. I smirked and shook my head. I pulled away and got a wrapped present from behind the couch.

I gave it to him as he opened it up. It was a brand new black guitar.

“Wow,” Zelo breathed. He glanced at me as I tried to shrug modestly.

“You bought this? For me?” he asked.

“Well duh. You wanted a guitar, but you didn’t have time to buy it so I went out and bought it myself,” I replied, rolling my eyes.

“Come here” Zelo smiled, setting the guitar down and hugging me.

“Thanks Minhwa, I love it,” he whispered.

“You’re welcome Ramen Head. Now go receive your gifts from the other members!” I laughed as I pushed him away towards Yongguk who was holding a present for him.

We watched Zelo opened his presents, sometime he would squeal in delight as if Christmas has come early.

“Well? LET’S GO PARTY! WORK THAT BODY!” Youngjae sang as he the stereo. We started dancing like maniacs, not caring if we had two left feet or what.

We even had a dance battle between Zelo and Baekho. In the end, Zelo won. Jongup and I had a dance battle.

“Go Minhwa! Go Minhwa!” JR and Daehyun chanted. I started popping a bit, to get in the mood.

   Once I was already in the mood, I started doing some hardcore move, flipping here and there, doing things that I thought was impossible to do. In the end, Jongup reciprocated well, and it was a tie.

 I wiped the sweat off my forehead, sitting down on the floor, sipping my Cola. Zelo sat beside me casually, munching on his chips.

“Minhwa.”

“Yes?”

“Let’s escape,” he whispered. I looked at him weirdly. Maybe the drowsiness got to him. But why would a drowsy person say they want to escape?

“What do you mean?” I asked quietly, since Ren and Aron were pretty close by.

   “Once they have their attention on something, let’s escape. Let’s go somewhere. Are you in?” Zelo glanced at me hopefully. I smiled mischievously and nodded. It’s been a long time sine I had a good run.

“But your hyungs are fast in running.” I commented doubtfully. Zelo shrugged.

“We can outrun them. We just need to do this together. So, operation let’s escape is in action?” Zelo held his pinky aloft. I wrapped my pinky around his.

“Operation Let’s Escape is now in action!” I replied.  

 


 

 

:)