Chapter 18

Twins' Adventure

 

“We’ll buy these two please.” Zelo happily as he laid two shirts on the counter. Both shirts were matching, like what couples wear. At first, Zelo tried to put a t-shirt on me unknowingly, even though that was impossible. I trashed around, trying to remove the t-shirt. Zelo tried to help, but most of the time, he was just laughing his off.

 

But, after a few arguments and agreements, we finally chose a pair. Or really, made a pair. Mine says “I WISH YOU’D GROW SHORTER RAMEN HEAD!” with a black background, because seriously, that boy was growing into a giant, I can barely keep up with him. His says, “ONLY IF YOU GROW TALLER SHORTY!” with the same black background, as a counter to my t-shirt.

 

Zelo paid for the shirts and the lady gave it to him in a plastic bag. I huffed as Zelo looked smug. “What?” I asked irritated as we stood there for about five minutes. “We’re going to wear these.” Zelo said with a triumphed smirk on his face.

 

My eyes widened. “Oh no Mr. I am NOT-“ And you know what happens next. Bickering and screaming. Finally, we settled by doing rock paper scissors. Ramen Head won. Great. He literally pushed me inside the changing room and shoved me the t-shirt. I rolled my eyes again and changed shirts.

 

I went out to see Zelo checking his shirt on one of the changing room mirrors. “You know, you’re looking a bit fat.” “Oh shut up.” I grinned and stood beside him. Zelo started to smile too. “It looks good on you.” He commented. I nodded my head. “Did you actually agree with me?!” Zelo exclaimed loudly.

 

“Shut up, fatty.” I replied back, sticking my tongue out. We argued a few times as we went back to the ice cream shop where the others would be waiting. As soon as the ice cream shop was in clear view, I wanted to run.

 

Yongguk looked mad and so did JR. The others were uneasy, but they had hard expressions on their faces. Even Jaehwa looked like she was about to snap. I stopped Zelo from walking, even though it was not necessary. He noticed the danger and stopped abruptly.

 

“Let’s make a run for it.” He whispered, barely moving his lips. I glanced up to him to see him wearing a scared but amused expression. “Okay” I agreed quietly and exhaled. “In the count of three” Zelo replied, backing up.

 

“One-“ He started.

“Two-“ I said. And as I did, Yongguk decided to storm over.

“To hell with three! Run!” Zelo shouted as he grabbed my wrist and ran. I ran with him, feeling happy and scared. Scared because I knew if Yongguk Oppa caught us, he would kill us and purposefully bring us back alive to kill us again.

 

Happy because for the first time I felt exhilarated. I ran twice as fast, catching up with Zelo’s speed. We ran around the mall, dodging the shoppers, hiding behind crowds of people. We stopped for the thirteenth time, hiding behind a potted plant. We squatted behind it, sweat pouring down my face.

 

 

I panted as Zelo panted behind me, obviously winded by the run. I turned around to discuss escape plans with Zelo, but closed my mouth when I saw how close I was with Zelo. Our noses were touching, our breathe hot. He leaned in a fraction of an inch as I copied him.

 

Now, it was only an invisible barrier that stopped us. I didn’t know why I felt compelled to do it, but then I leaned in a bit further-

 

“AHA!” A voice knocked us back in the present. We both fell on our butts. I spotted where the voice came from and saw that it was Ren who spotted us. I gritted my teeth as I tried not to cut the Princess in half.

 

I then noticed that we were about to kiss awhile ago, and I blushed red. I peeked at Zelo to see that he was red too. We both stood up and waited for the others to find us. As expected, Yongguk was furious, but not as before. He was tired of running, so maybe the fury was drained out of him.

 

“Yah! If you ran away next time I’m going to show Minhwa that embarrassing picture when you were 12!” Jongup threatened loudly, continuously punching Zelo in the arm as Zelo helplessly tried to dodge. “Yah! I won’t!” Zelo said loudly as he successfully stopped Jongup from hitting him to the next century.

 

“Are you okay Minhwa?” JR asked me worriedly. His eyebrows were furrowed together as he peered at me. I tried to swallow. “Y-Yeah I’m okay.” I told him. JR still looked worried, but let the matter drop.

 

Everyone joked about our take off, but I wasn’t listening. Even when Jaehwa shouted in my ear.

 

One thing rose up to the surface as I replayed the scene between me and Zelo. I glanced at him to see him grinning at the ground as his hyungs scolded him. He noticed me staring and gave me a tiny wink before pretending to be guilty.

 

My heart fluttered nervously as I wrapped my mind around the fact that I’m starting to fall for Ramen Head. 

 


 

 

A/N: Do you guys like this chapter? Feel free to comment on the comments section! :) Oh! And on my next chapter, I'll be putting on what Zelo, Minhwa and the other characters think. Their thoughts will be italized, so watch out for that :)