Chapter 8

Twins' Adventure

"Young man, did you know how worried we were?!" Yongguk asked agrily as Zelo flinched. I rolled my eyes. That idiot, we almost called the police to search for him. Turns out, Zelo had enough brain cells to stay out of harms' way. I was about to punch Zelo for making me so worried. And why I was worried to death, that is unknown.

 

"I only went out to to find you! You two were missing! Jongup said that you left completely! Like, out of our lives!" Zelo said loudly, addressing me and Jaehwa. Jongup was about to say something when I beat him to it. "Wait. Before you assume that we left you completely, you need to know us. I mean really know us. You don't know anything about us. You only know what we show you now." I replied.

 

Zelo blinked, clearly confused. I rolled my eyes, slow idiot. "She means that you don't know us that much. We'll only leave if we feel like it. We're family, right? I'm pretty sure Minhwa knows how important that is." Jaehwa glanced at me and back to Zelo. "But Jongup-!" "Dude, I was joking. Seriously, you forgot about that?" Jongup interrupted, actually sounding hurt.

 

"You were joking? Never play a joke like that!" Zelo demanded. "Zelo, you're in big trouble. You are to clean your and Jongup's room. And you're not allowed to eat until your room is cleaned." Yongguk said, with an air of finality. "Everyone, let's go back to dinner." Himchan ordered. We all shuffled out of the room. But then the guilt won me out. "You go ahead Jae, I'll catch up." I gave her a meaningful look and she understood.

 

I turned back and went to Zelo's room. I stepped inside to see him putting away books on the shelf. "What do you want? To laugh at me?" Zelo asked in a defeated tone as he put away three more books. "No, stupid. I'm helping you." I answered, rolling up my sleeves and started folding Jongup's blanket. "Yeah right, just go and eat your delicious dinner while I sit here and clean this infernal room." Zelo started pushing me out the door when I stopped him.

 

"Look, it's part our fault for worrying you guys. So it's only fair that I share the punishment." I explained, shoving him out of the way and going back to fix Jongup's bed. I made it as neat as possible and proceeded to Zelo's bed. "Move." I ordered, shooing him away. He shook his head and crossed his arms like a child.

 

"I'm not moving and that's final." Zelo pouted. I admit again, he was too cute to argue with. Though my tough side won out. "Move, you insufferable fool." I growled, pushing him on his side. It was like pushing a really big boulder. I gave up pushing him as he smirked back. My temper won out this time. "Yah! DO YOU WANT ME TO PUSH YOU TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH?!" I demanded and made wild gestures.

 

He looked around but held his arms. If this was Youngjae, he would be running like there was a fire. "You are impossible." I huffed. "And you are cute." Zelo countered, smiling. I was about to retort, then it dawned on me what he said. I tried not to blush when I pushed him harder off the bed. Damn, for a fifteen year old, that boy sure knew how to make a girls' heart thump wildly.

 

"Fine, fine. I'll get out of my bed." Zelo gave in, chuckling as he sat on the floor and watched fold his blanket messily. I didn't even bother to fix his bedsheets. Compared to Jongup, it was like a birds' nest. "Hey! Why's mine so messy and Jongup's so clean?" Zelo whined. "Because." I shrugged and helped him with the books. "You read a lot of those." I commented. Zelo laughed. "It's not mine. It's all Jongup's." Zelo explained the shelves of books.

 

"Active reader, huh?" I asked, staring at the books. "Yeah. I read some of them. I read that series over there." Zelo pointed to the three books that were stacked in the corner. It was The Hunger Games series. "Omo, you read that?" I asked in awe as I examined Mockingjay. "Surprised that I have enough brain cells to read a few words?" Zelo teased, shoving me lightly. 

 

As much as I wanted to shove him to the next century, I refrained. "It's just that I'm surprised that you read that series. No one in this century reads anymore, sadly." I said, stacking the series in the corner. "So, what's your next series?" I asked. 

 

Zelo shrugged. "I don't know yet. I'd probably want to read Percy Jackson, but between performances, fan meetings, interviews, I don't think I can read it for a long time." Zelo answered sadly.

 

"Oh, that's too bad." I commented. He could have been a book lover, like Jaehwa. For some reason, imagining Jaehwa and Zelo talking about books together and leaving me out wants me to punch a wall. "Well, I guess I'll leave the cleaning to you. I'm done." I stood up and brushed the dust off my shoulders. "Thanks for helping Minhwa. Can I call you Min?" Zelo asked. I thought about it. "Sure....Ramen Head." I added, just to .

 

I heard him yell, "Hey!" before I closed his door. I skipped towards my room, completely missing dinner. What I didn't know, Jaehwa was watching amusingly from the kitchen doorway. 


A/N: I hoped you liked it! :) Updating "My Kinght And Shining Enemy" tomorrow.