Chapter 15

Twins' Adventure

 

"Minhwa! Look!" Jaehwa prodded me on the shoulder. I grumbled and pulled the covers above my face. Not a second later that she nearly tore my blanket as she yanked it away from my body. "What?!" I asked irritably. I scratched my head as I went over to Jaehwa, who was standing by the window, looking giddy. I peeked through it and saw a white van parked outside a house similar to mine. "We have neighbours!" Jaehwa exclaimed happily.

 

I grunted and tried to go back to sleep when she had my wrist in a  iron grip. "Oh no you don't! You're coming with ke to greet them!" Jaehwa demanded as she told me to change clothes. Jaehwa was still a nutball. I changed into sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt. I looked over to Jaehwa and snorted. She was wearing jeans, a fitted t-shirt and sneakers.

 

I shook my head in amusement. Who wears jeans at seven in the morning?! After we were done, I followed Jaehwa out the door an across the street where we will meet our new "neighbours". Jaehwa rapped the door with her knuckles three times. We waited for a moment and then the door opened.

 

A god- I meant a boy stood in front of us, leaning on the doorway. Did I mention that he was freaking handsome?! He had blonde cropped up hair and a mischievous smile was playing on his lips. "Y-You're Bae-Baekho from-" "NU'EST. At your service ma'am." Baekho finished for her, smiling warmly.

 

Jaehwa blushed deep red as I cleared my throat. I admit, I was a bit captivated by his smile. "We saw your van, and we assume that you guys moved in here?" I asked. "That's right. And I'm guessing you guysown that house over there." Baekho pointed between me and Jaehwa. "Well, we don't reallu own it." I said.

 

"We're staying with B.A.P" Jaehwa, who regained her sense of speech, said simply. "Prove it" He challenged, smilingmischievously. I took my cellphone and showed Baekho the pictures of me and the members. "So you do live with them." Baekho said thoughtfully.

 

"Is that allowed?" He asked in alarm. "Well, we're not staying there for bad reasons. We're there so we can keep the boys grounded. So you know, the fame won't get through their heads. As if it can pass through that thick skull of theirs." I muttered the last part, though Baekho heard and he let out a booming laugh. "Why don't you guys come in." Baekho stepped aside so we can pass through.

 

I glanced back at the dorm, biting my lip. It was just one visit, right? Besides, the boys will be back around night time. And it was still early morning. I shook my head and continued in the house. The house was still new, no paint was plastered on the walls.

 

Hundreds of boxes were strewn around the house. I guess the boys haven’t unpacked yet. “We could help with the unpacking if you guys would like.” Jaehwa suggested politely. I chuckled as I examined on of the boxes. One box had a label that says “JR’S THINGS”.

 

I stopped and stared at the name. JR. It can’t be the JR that…. Oh no. I looked at Jaehwa who was too busy drooling over Baekho to notice me. I started panicking and made a run for the door when I collided with someone and was knocked down.

 

“Oww” I muttered as I rubbed my back. “Oh! I’m so sorry!” A guy said in English. I looked up to see a tall guy looking concerned. “You can speak English?” I asked him in English. He smiled and helped me up. “Yes. I’m from the US.” The guy responded.

 

“This is Aron. Er, what’s your name?” He asked me awkwardly. “Kim Min Hwa. Call me Minhwa. And that’s my sister, Jaehwa.” I introduced her. “Cool. I’ll call them over so they can meet them.” Aron added to Baekho.

 

Baekho nodded as Aron ran out of the room. “So, how do you feel, now that you’re a singer?” I asked Baekho. I tried to ignore the fact that I was going to meet JR. I did NOT want to repeat history.

 

Baekho shrugged. “It feels great. But, we didn’t become singers to be famous. We became singers simply because we like to sing.” Baekho responded, looking at Jaehwa weirdly when he caught her staring at him.

 

“So, who’s this JR?” I tried to ask casually as I sat down beside Baekho. I tired to give Jaehwa a meaningful look, but she was staring at Baekho again. “He’s our kid leader. All of us here are sixteen, except Aron hyung. He’s eighteen.” Baekho answered.

 

“We’re here!” Aron shouted as he came in the living room with three guys on his tail. One had his hair swept to the side, which was Minhyun. One had blonde hair similar to Baekho, that’s Ren. And…JR. I didn’t need to describe since I practically hated him.

 

I stood up and glared at JR who looked at me in surprise. “Are you alright?” He asked in alarm. I snarled under my breathe. I guess he doesn’t remember. He was still young when I met him, but it doesn’t change the fact that I still wanted to kill him, even though it was already ten years.

 

“You” I growled at JR. He backed up beside Ren, who looked scared. “Don’t you remember me?” I asked harshly, still glaring. JR swallowed and looked at me in fear. Then, it dawned on him. “Kim Minhwa. Daughter of-“ “Kim Jung Ah. My mother.” I replied. “Whoa, what is this?” Minhyun asked worriedly. “Ask your leader who’s father left my mom! Do you know how much pain he caused her?! Do you know how many times she yearned for him when he left? She sat shut up in her room all the time, she refused to eat, and all that because of your father!” I shouted at JR.

 

JR looked grim. Without warning, he took my wrist and hauled me towards an empty room. He locked the door and faced me with a pale expression. “What? Can’t handle the truth that your father had a woman before your own mom?! Or that he had twins?!” I demanded.

 

JR looked at the ground, and then he rested his eyes on me. “He left her… Because he was blackmailed.” JR said quietly. I was about to shout again when I realized what he said. “Wh-What?” I asked weakly.

 

JR sighed. “Dad told me that Mom blackmailed him into marrying her because she was after his money. And, if that wasn’t enough, she told him that if he didn’t leave your mom, she would inflict harm on her. My dad didn’t want that, so he agreed in marrying her and having me. A year later, he died because of cancer. My mom was the only person  had.

 

She ruled over me. She said she hated me, she said I was useless. She even said that I would be better dead. I was only there because of my fathers dying wish. He told me to agree to Mom so that I wouldn’t get hurt. So your mom wouldn’t get hurt. But then, enough was enough. I ran away from home and somehow ended up on Aron’s doorstep.

 

He and his mother took me in. They treated me like a son. Now you know? Why my father left your mom?” JR said all of that without looking me in the eye. Guilt and humiliation washed over me. I shouted at him, even though he has no fault.

 

“JR..” I whispered. Tears started pouring down my cheeks. After ten years of finding the answer, I finally found it. And to think that I wanted to kill him. Even though we only met, I hugged him tightly around the waist, resting my chin on his shoulder. “I’m sorry you had to go through that.” I whispered in his ear, tears still flowing.

 

He wrapped his arms around me and my head. “It’s okay. Dad told me that I would meet you.. A-and he told me to say this to you if I do meet you.” JR pulled out of the hug and looked me in the eye. “He told me that to he loved your mom, Jaehwa and you. He wanted to stay. But he loved your mother more, so he agreed with my mom.

 

He loves you, Minhwa. He really does.” JR said. I punched him I in the arm hard, which pretty much brought us back in the present. “Yah! Why’d you punch me?! After telling you all of that, you punch me?!” He asked loudly, rubbing his arm.

 

I smiled through the tears. “Yep. That’s how I work. Come on, let’s go back.” I told him, truly smiling after ten years. 



 

A/N: So! What do you think of how  portrayed NU'EST? Is it any good? Leave your thoughts in the comments! Thank you for reading! :)