Chapter 12

Twins' Adventure

 

A soft knock issued from behind the door. I ignored it and pretended to sleep. Unfortunately, the person who knocked was smart. They opened the door anyway and entered, closing the door behind them. “Are you sleeping?” Himchan asked. “No.” I replied. I mentally slapped myself. I could almost feel Himchan’s smirk as he tugged the blanket off me.

 

As he succeeded, he sat by me, looking at me intently. I avoided his gaze and pretended to be interested in my nails. “Who’s a grumpy girl?” He asked, holding his arms out wide. I sighed and hugged him. “I’m a grumpy girl.” I replied sadly against his chest.

 

He waited. “Me and Jaehwa fought.” I said. He laughed shortly and responded, “Yeah, we gathered that. We just didn’t know you two were determined to kill each other.” I sighed. “There’s this girl that challenged me in a contest. I accepted and I lost. Jaehwa then saw me defeated so she challenged the girl and Jaehwa won.” I explained bluntly.

 

“I get your point Minhwa. But I also get Jaehwa’s. She didn’t know that you would feel this way.” Himchan said, like an exasperated parent. “How do I feel then?” I asked him. He didn’t say anything back. “Really? You don’t know? I thought this trait was popular among boys.” I said.

 

He thought for a moment. “Pride. That’s why you’re angry right now. You lost and Jaehwa had to save you sorry in front of-“ “A bunch of people, yeah.” I finished for him. “Nevertheless, you shouldn’t let pride ruin your bond. That girl was just jealous that Jaehwa won against her, and she got back at you.

 

You shouldn’t have believed what she said Minhwa. Jaehwa is a sweet girl and I know she won’t do anything to hurt you.” Himchan spoke. “Fine, you win.” I muttered. I hated admitting that I was wrong. But, what Himchan said awhile ago, he was right. Annoyingly right.

 

“She’s waiting inside the living room.” Himchan said as he pulled me up from my comfy bed and pushing me through the living room doorway. I saw Jaehwa looking at me from the couch. I approached her and swallowed the remaining pride. “I’m-“ “I MISSED YOU SO MUCH MINHWA! Oh my gosh, never do that to me again! You know I won’t hurt you, you silly girl!” Jaehwa sobbed as she hugged me tightly.

 

A painful lump got stuck on my throat. I forced the tears back to where they belong. To my tear ducts. “I’m sorry, Jae. I shouldn’t have overreacted.” I apologized. “No problem.” She hiccupped. I smiled at her and hugged her once more. I made a mental note to get the picture I threw in the trash and replace it back on my bedside table.

 

IN SCHOOL

 

“A message from the principal. He says that whatever talent you have now, you can’t show it in the talent show.” Mr. Kang announced. Mutterings and gasps circulated around the room. Some giving Mr. Kang rude looks. “You might ask why. Well, he told me that he wanted to see what other talent you have besides your main one. And coming from the principal, you al should follow it. If not, you’re going to be somewhere worse than detention.” Mr. Kang finished darkly.

 

I gulped and shot a nervous glance at Jaehwa who was also looking worried and biting her lip. Mr. Kang gave us homework and told us that we have the whole day to practice. As soon as the bell rang, me and Jaehwa rushed to the practice room and locked the door.

 

Jaehwa got out a boom box out of a broom cupboard and started checking if it still worked. “So, what’ll you do?” I asked Jaehwa. “Since I only know how to sing, I’m still thinking.” She replied, still checking the boom box. “I could teach you dance. You can ever teach me how to sing.” I suggested.

 

She looked up form her work and smiled. “Thanks Min. That’d be great. If I just got the stupid boom box to work-“ She slammed down her fist on the boom box and it started playing a song. She looked at me in glee as I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

 

I taught her some wicked moves, which she got quickly. I then made her routine. After two hours of dancing, she started teaching me how to sing. It wasn’t as easy as dance. Her voice was naturally high, and my voice matches male singers. We gave up after a few minutes of trying out my voice.

 

It cracked after a couple of notes. “Great. I can’t even sing for my life.” I muttered, sitting down, defeated. Jaehwa patted my shoulder sadly. “Don’t worry. We’ll find something. Maybe you can reenact something.” She suggested hopefully. I shrugged. I can act. If that involves getting mad and throwing random stuff around.

 

We settled in making Jaehwa’s dance perfect. Once she got it down, we decided to go home. By the way, we were done practicing. We sneaked out of the school, using the back door so no one would see us. We ran happily back to the dorm. I got the key from out of my bag and jammed it in the doorknob.

 

I twisted it and found the house empty. Huh, maybe B.A.P has got some work to do. Probably on fansign meetings, performances, interviews. Me and Jaehwa decided to make pasta. Not because we liked to, it’s because it was the only food in the cupboard. I’ll have to ask Youngjae Oppa if he can sneak out again to buy us some food. Just then, my phone rang. It’s ringtone was B.A.P’s Warrior, so I danced a little bit before picking my phone up. It was an unknown number. Still, I answered. “Yeoboseo? Who’s this?” I asked through the phone. “Junghwa, Choi Junghwa.” 

 


 

 

DUN DUN DUN! Choi Junghwa is in the house! Haha, here's Chapter 12 :)