Chapter 46

The Boy Next Door

Click if you want another story to read :D Joan of Arc

~o~o~o~

“Dasom?” A familiar voice called your name from behind. With a slight turn of your head, the familiar voice became closer and excited, “I was right, it’s you!”

You’re eyes enlarged and a small smile crept on your face, “Kai, what are you doing here?” You looked at his attire and back to his face, “In your young master get up.”

Kai smirked and responded, “Do you want my kiss that bad?” Blush crept on your cheeks and you shook your head. Kai chuckled and continued, “I was about to get something to eat, would you care to join me?”

You eased your grip on the railings and nodded, “I am pretty hungry.” Kai smiled and extended his hand out for you. You didn’t hesitate to take his hand and he pulled you in, “What are we going to eat?”

 

“Please enjoy.” The waiter bowed and left, closing the room door behind him. The room was a VIP room; a chandelier was right above the imported dining table. The chairs were cushioned with red velvet, and the curtains were dimly letting through the light with their golden silk.

You looked at Kai and responded, “I would have been fine with just chicken and beer honestly.”

Kai chuckled and placed his wine glass down, “I know, and I would love pizza right now but…” He looked at you and back at the cup, “I wanted to take you somewhere a bit more special.”

You looked at Kai and smiled, “You truly make me feel like a princess…” You took a bite of your steak and whispered, “The girl in your future will surely be blessed.”

Kai’s ear picked up what you whispered and he sighed to himself. He stole a glance of you and took a deep breath, *Don’t you notice I like you…I’m desperate for your small gestures, how the left side of your lip curls when you smile, how you blush when mentioning the word kiss, how you gently grab my hand without a pause, tie your hair before you eat anything, and the way you walk, the rhythm you make. Your laugh, which fills me with glee knowing I’ve caused it and how you hide it behind your small hands…everything…I’ve observed…* You looked up at Kai and smiled again.

“Can I request something?” You asked before taking a sip of wine.

Kai nodded and responded, “Anything.” He waited for you to reply eagerly.

“Can we visit the sea after,” You looked at him and said, “I know I’m asking for too much-“

Kai interrupted you and replied, “No, you’re not asking for much. I would actually like to do that too.” He smiled at you and you returned it.

 

“It feels nice…” You said taking a deep breath of the cool sea air. “It’s refreshing.” Kai looked at you and took of his jacket and placed it on your shoulders. You looked at him and said, “I’m not cold, here…”

He stopped you and said, “I’m comfortable really, and besides your nose is bright red.” He chuckled pinching your nose slightly.

You laughed to shoving him a little to the side, “I was…” You said looking at the sea, “I encountered someone today, I was really sad of what I saw…but then you came…” You looked at Kai and said, “You always make me feel better and I get this feeling when I’m with you that I can conquer anything…” You looked at him and continued, “I know it sounds stupid but-“ Kai cut you off by pulling your waist close to his, closing the gap between your bodies, before he pressed his lips against yours. His nose brushed against yours and his hand was holding your head, brushing your hair, as the other held your waist.

Your mind went blank for a second but then came back, *I can’t…sorry Kai…* You pushed on his chest gently, and he stopped. “Sorry Kai…” You said tears filling your eyes, “I can’t…” You said tears falling out of your eyes.

Kai’s heart felt like it was taken out of his chest, and he couldn’t breathe. “Why…” His voice cracked, “I’m sorry I kissed you…but…” He looked at you and clenched his fist, “Why!?!” He yelled sinking his knees into the sand, “Why can’t it be me…” He said much softer.

You began to cry and touched Kai’s shoulder, “Kai-“

“Leave…” He said shaking your hand off of his shoulder, “Go…” You shook your head but Kai yelled this time, “I SAID GO! GO!” He screamed causing you to back away from him, “Leave!” Kai yelled before his voice gave out. 

~o~o~o~