Chapter 33

The Boy Next Door

 

 

You just stood there shocked. He suddenly stood up and tried to rush past you. He walked swiftly in a hasty pace but you grabbed his hand making him abruptly stop.

“Where are you going….” You said holding back the hot tears, “I haven’t seen you in-sob-in so long.” You finished with a little sob, but still tried to tame yourself.

He wanted to turn his face around and talk to you and tell you everything but his body told him to stop. He wanted to snatch his hand away from you and run out but his hand became numb by your touch.

He wanted to wipe your tears but he couldn’t face you.

“Say something…” You whispered loud enough for him to hear.  

He opened his mouth and took the last bit of energy left and said, “Can we at least get some fresh air? I feel suffocated.”

In the end you and Kai were at the rooftop of the hospital. He stood there looking at the sky and you just stood next to him.

He turned around to look at you and half-smiled, “Go on…yell at me…tell me what kind of jerk I am to just leave without a word, tell me-“

He stopped talking once you touched the side of his cheek, “Did you eat? Did you lose your appetite? You look like you’ve lost weight.”

He brought your hand down in his and held it, “Dasom I-I…”

“You what?” You responded looking up at him, “You left without telling anyone of us where you went? Fine, you didn’t have to tell me since maybe I’m not that important to you but Sehun? Sehun’s your friend-“

He interrupted you by saying, “You are important to me, you mean a lot to me and that’s why-“

“And that’s why you fled?” You lashed at him, “You left like I meant nothing? Did you even check your phone or reply to my e-mails or did you change them? Did you know how much I searched for you huh? I slept outside your door every night for the past month waiting for you.”

He got shocked and said, “Dasom I-“ He touched your face but you pushed his hand away.

“Where are you? Are you okay? Did something happen? How are you doing…” You said while holding back the cries, “I’ve said all those every day, leaving 100s of voicemails and things asking you how and where you are, showing you how worried I am…” You looked up at him and shook your head, “But you never cared to respond-“

He interrupted you by pulling you into his embrace. You tried to push him away, hitting his chest, but he just held on tighter. You cried out into his chest and said, “Did you know how worried I was?”

“That’s why I didn’t want to tell you I was leaving…” He spoke holding you, “I couldn’t see you cry or even hold back tears.”

You finally managed to push him off of you and you said, “Don’t touch me. I don’t want to waste my time worrying about you anymore, I’m over that, and I’m tired of sending it to a one way lane.”

He grabbed your arm to make you turn around and said, “I’m here now! Can’t you see why I didn’t want to tell you!” He held back the tears but a few escaped and fell down.

“Let me go.” You spoke struggling from his grip, “Let me leave!” You cried.

He loosened his grip and you took the chance to take your hand away.

“Go hide like a coward you are.” You said and walked away.
Those words pinned his chest like needles and he couldn’t move. “Don’t leave Dasom! DON’T LEAVE!” He yelled but you were gone.

You ran down the hospital with Kai chasing after you. You had lost him in the parking lot and had finally gotten into a taxi. Kai saw you getting into the taxi and ran after you.

“Please go.” You said to the taxi driver.

“But miss you have someone-“ The driver spoke but got interrupted.

“I SAID PLEASE GO…PLEASE!” You yelled.

Kai was furiously banging on your window and trying to open the door but you didn’t open anyone of them or even dared to look at him. You kept you head straight.

The driver look at Kai and back at you and decided it was in his best interest to just go now.

“Dasom! Dasom!” Kai yelled banging and the windows of the moving vehicle.

He ran after the vehicle but couldn’t keep up and fell onto the road. “Dasom!” He yelled.

 

“Dasom!” Sehun yelled as you stepped onto your front lawn, making your way into your house.

You didn’t hear him and kept walking, “Dasom!” He said grabbing your hand pulling you to him.

“I missed you…” He said and leaned in to peck you on your lips but you turned your head away, “Dasom…are you okay?” He said looking at your red puffy eyes and swollen face due to crying.

You nodded and said, “I’m just tired Sehun, I’m going to go to bed.”

“Wait!” He said making you turn around, “We had a date today, remember? It’s a special day-”

You looked at him blankly and replied, “Sorry, I was busy today, we’ll have another date some other time. Goodnight.” You waved and headed into your home.

Just as he heard the front door he said, “But I planned this date for a very long time…Dasom.”

 

Sehun was in bed twisting and turning not being able to go to sleep. “What was wrong with her today? We were supposed to go out today to Jet Ski….Ahh…why was she crying?” Sehun mentally slapped himself, “What did I do wrong?”

~o~o~o~