Chapter 40

The Boy Next Door

 

Sehun was in his room pacing back and forth aimlessly. He looked up to the clock which read 9 PM. *She’s been in the hospital for 3 days…* He was frustrated and worried about you to the point he couldn’t sit still. He kept walking here and there contemplating if he should visit you or not.

At the end he grabbed his black leather jacket and decided it was best for him to see if you were alright. He still had a heart that ached for you and your love.

 As soon as he stepped outside he was greeted by the cold rainy weather that had taken over the skies for the past few days.

“Damn.” He said as he realized his car window was a little open, which had caused a puddle of water to gather in the back seat. He started the ignition and sped out. As he was driving he kept having visions of you and they were not pleasant. *She’s not in critical condition right?* He was freaking himself out and thinking the worst of thoughts.

He couldn’t take the anticipation anymore; he sped on the gas and zoomed through cars, not even thinking about himself. “Aish! Dasom….you’re driving me crazy…” He said under his breath as he crossed another red light.

Sehun parked the car so rashly that the guy standing next to the parked car screamed as water flew on him.

“YAH! You punk!” He yelled.

Sehun ignored him and slammed the car door before running into the hospital. He went up to the reception desk and asked where your room was located.

“Sorry but visiting hours are over for today.” She replied giving him a kind look.

Sehun slammed his hands on the desk but withdrew them just as quick and they fell lifelessly next to him. He looked at her and gave her a crooked smile, his eyes red and dry. “You don’t understand…” He took a breath and continued, “I have to see her…now.”

The nurse looked at him and then looked around before biting her lip, “Okay….name?”

“Kim…” He gulped, “Kim Dasom.”

The nurse typed in the name and said, “Relationship?”

He just looked at her and didn’t know if he should reply or not, “Ohh…she’s someone who means a lot to me.”

The nurse nodded knowingly and said, “Okay, kid here’s the room number…” She handed Sehun a slip but before he could take it she spoke again, “See her quickly.”

He nodded and took the slip before running to the elevator. He pressed the floor number and waited patiently until the doors opened just as they did; he ran out but stopped once he reached the hallway.

For a moment he questioned if he should be here or not. He took a step at a time, pacing them out equally slowly. Then he stood still touching the handle of the door.

“1…2…3…” And he grabbed the handle and opened it-

 

Kai was in your room sitting on the chair pulled next to the bed. “How are you feeling?”

You moved your hand and touched the IV needle in your arm, “Better if I didn’t have this on.”

Kai chuckled and said, “Why? You really want to eat?”

You nodded and replied, “Ohh…I really want to eat.”

Kai sensed something off in your tone and he knew exactly what it was. *Sehun should have visited her…* He smiled and patted your hand. “I’ll leave so you can get some sleep.”

As soon as Kai stood up, you grabbed his hand and looked at him, “Don’t go I don’t want to be alone-“

Just as you said that the door opened and Sehun stood there.

Kai looked at Sehun and back at you.

You were looking at Sehun, while Sehun was looking intensely at your hand which was wrapped around Kai’s wrist.

Kai noticed and grabbed your hand that was holding his arm and gently tried to take it off but your grip got tighter. Kai looked at you but your eyes were glued to Sehun’s.

*Don’t be scared of him Dasom…I’m sorry for making your go through this…* Kai with a bit more power removed your hand and just as he did you looked at him. He smiled and walked up to Sehun, placing his hand on his shoulder, “I’ll leave both of you alone.”

Something in Kai’s tone told Sehun by ‘alone’ he didn’t mean as of now but more, but Sehun was still resentful and the situation now, when he opened the door, just added to his hatred.

As Kai closed the door, you sat up and lowered your eyes to your hands which were tucking at the white blanket.

“Sehun-“ You said but got interrupted by him.

He stepped closer and closer to you but stopped before he reached your bed, “How are you feeling?”

“Ohh-I’m fine…” You spoke, “Sehun I’m-“

“I didn’t come here to talk to you about anything else, so don’t bother.” He turned around and said, “I just came to ask about your well-being that’s all, so don’t get the wrong idea.”

“I know you didn’t just come here for that!” You yelled.

Sehun who was about to open the door stopped, he turned around and gave you a twisted smirk, “I know you don’t realize this by now but we are done.” He turned back to the door and said, “I haven’t thought of you once after the incident anyway and in fact it was for the better…” He opened the door and said, “Because in honesty I was getting tired of you anyway.” And he shut the door.

 

Sehun was sitting in his car and slammed his hands on the steering wheel and screamed out loud. The thunder followed his scream and it started to pour heavily, the rain making thudding noises as it hit the car. Sehun looked out the window and smiled a sad smile, *Did I say something wrong?* His left eye couldn’t handle the holding back and let loose the tears, as his other eye followed. He looked up and wiped the tears away with his back hand.

 

You were in your room sitting lifeless, as tears escaped your eyes. You wanted to scream and run after Sehun but your body wouldn’t respond to you. You shook out of it only to be brought back to it. You pulled your knees close to you and placed your head down on them and cried.

“Sehun…” You cried.

You couldn’t take it anymore; you took your fist and bit on it while you screamed. It came out muffled but it helped you.

You yanked off the IV patches off your arm and ran out the door. You started to run but stopped once you saw him. Your savior.

Kai froze as he saw how you looked like. He looked at your arm and saw it was bleeding, since you had pulled the needle out of it. “Dasom-“ Kai said but you ran into him, embracing him tightly.

He tried to place his arms around you but stopped once you said, “Sehun…”

Kai’s hands formed into fists but he loosened them up quickly, *No…I have to stop…* Kai gently placed his arms around you and you cried out into his chest. He combed your hair with his hand, to calm you down. “Don’t cry Dasom…” He kissed your head and brought your face to look at his.

He frowned, “Didn’t I say stop crying.” He wiped your tears with his thumbs and kissed your forehead before pulling you in for another hug, “Why are you still crying huh?” He said.

 

Sehun was seated at the bar, and drinking a shot after shot. *Dasom…how could you…or was I wrong-*

His thoughts got interrupted by that voice, “Oppa!” He turned around and squinted his eyes to get a clearer look on who it was, *Dasom…*

 But it wasn’t her, Sehun’s mind was playing tricks on him, and he couldn’t even tell.

He stood up and pulled who he assumed to be Dasom in his arms and smacked his lips onto hers.

As he pulled out the girl hugged him tightly, “Oppa…”

Sehun couldn’t help but vision Dasom hugging him. Just thinking about her touch drove him insane.