Chapter 43

The Boy Next Door

“The stitches…” Sehun gulped a little nervously before continuing, “They won’t leave a mark right?” He looked over to the man in a white coat and thick glasses.

The doctor finished bandaging up your head and then examined his work carefully before shaking his head, “I don’t like to bring people down…” He looked at Sehun and back at you, “But it might leave a scar…but you can always try medication for it to fade away.” He tried to cheer the atmosphere.

Before another word could be spoken, the door flung open and in came your mom running. “DASOM! My child!” She yelled in between her sobs.

You clenched your eyes shut and wished she would just shut up, since you had a massive headache form all the ruckus today.

Sehun noticed the look you were giving and said, “Not so loud…” He looked back to find you lightly smiling a ‘thank you’ to him.

“Ohh...yes!” She said a bit too loud again but fixed her mistake, “Sorry.” She hushed her tone and kissed you gently on your head. “I’m going to be here for you my baby.” She said and patted your hand.

You smiled lightly and then closed your eyes. You were extremely exhausted and wanted to fall into a deep peaceful slumber that would carry you away into sweet bliss.

Your mom turned to Sehun and patted him on the back, before whispering, “Thank you for bringing her here.”

He shook his head and said, “The ambulance brought her here, I just called…”

 

Sehun had just waked out of your hospital room and just as he closed the door, he was met with Kai gazing at him furiously. Sehun looked at Kai and said, “You-“ But he was interrupted as Kai’s fist came into contact with his jaw.

Sehun was thrown back a bit and as he held his jaw and tried to stand up again, Kai grabbed him by the collar and pushed him against the wall, “You b*s*a*r*d!” He screamed and threw him back, “Take this as a warning and don’t…” He sat down a bit and looked Sehun in his eyes, “Don’t come near her again.”

Kai got up and brushed off his shoulders and looked at Sehun one last time before entering your room.

Sehun would have fought back before…before…but now he felt helpless…phatic

He blamed himself for everything that had happened today, and truth be told he was glad Kai had beaten him up. He wished he got beaten up so bad it would knock some sense to him but it didn’t. He still felt the same or even a bigger jerk now than he did before.

 

Soyu was sitting on the steps of Sehun’s house, waiting for him patiently. Her hair was still a mess, because of the fight earlier, and she didn’t even bother to fix it or brush it out. Her make-up was smeared a bit but still looked okay. Her mascara was a bit messy though, probably from all those tears of regret that she had.

She tapped her heels on the concrete of the parking space, waiting for Sehun’s arrival. She had been waiting a long time but time was frozen to her sense of time, she did not feel it, she felt numb at the moment.

Soon enough a bright light was casted upon on her face. She brought her face up to see Sehun pulling his car into the drive-way and coming out. She immediately stood up and ran over to him.

Just as Sehun closed his car door, he saw Soyu coming up to him.

Before Soyu could even ask him a question, she got shocked by how his face looked. A huge bruise covered the right side of Sehun’s jaw. Purple and blue marks all over it. His lip was cut open and was bleeding a bit but most of the blood had dried up and stayed there. His shirt collar was stretched out a bit revealing a modest amount of his chest.

Out of concern she reached his face and touched it before she could ask him something Sehun smacked her hand away.

“Sehun…” Soyu said shocked by his sudden behavior change towards her.

“Get out Soyu.” He said trying to calm himself down a bit. He was angry right now to a point he would beat her up right here but he tried to control himself.

“Sehun-“ She said but he yelled at her.

“WHAT ELSE DO YOU POSSIBLY WANT?” He yelled causing her to flinch back a bit.

This time Soyu yelled, “I’m worried!” She sobbed and continued, “I didn’t think that I would hurt her-“

Sehun cut her off and said, “Hurt her? Wasn’t that what you wanted all along? To blackmail her?”

Soyu’s eyes grew wider and she shook her head, “I-I…I never intended-I mean…” She shook her head and sunk down on the drive way. Sitting with her knees up she shook her head and said, in a soft voice, “I didn’t think I would cause her to be hurt like this not physically…”

Sehun wanted to kick her right there but stopped himself, “Telling the whole school that sweet Dasom liked to play dress up and turn into a night-girl Ina…” Sehun took a breath and continued, “And then you blackmailed me by saying if I treat you ‘well’ you won’t…and if I won’t then-“

Soyu cut him off by screaming, “STOP!”

He looked at her and before he could respond she continued, “Stop! Please stop!” She sobbed. She held his legs and continued, “I was not thinking then! I never-“

“Why would you even start this huh?” He cut her off, “Why would you stab Dasom in the back?”

She stopped sobbing and stood up. She looked at Sehun in the eye and shuttered out, “Be-because Sehun…I-I was jealous…”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and asked, “Jealous? Of what? Of Dasom?”

She nodded and replied, “She and you…” She looked down on the ground and said, “I wanted you to like me…and when,” She looked up at him and continued, “And when you showed interest in her…I got jealous and mad and-“

“What are you trying to say?” Sehun asked confused out of his mind.

 

“I like you!” She yelled, “Idiot!” She closed her eyes and continued, “ I really really like you!”

~o~o~o~