Chapter 23

The Boy Next Door

 

It was around 1 or 2 at night when you heard loud noises outside. “Aish…” You mumbled in your sleep, “5 more minutes mom…” Something was off though, the voices did not sound like your usual mother yelling at you to get up for school. “Ugh!” *What can this be?* You sat up and checked your phone for the time, “It’s not even sunny outside what’s all this ruckus?”

You slipped out your bed and saw lights flashing from the neighbor’s house. “Sehun’s home?”  You saw a police car and wondered what it could have been. “What’s happening?” You wanted to ask someone but didn’t know who, you were about to grab your cellphone and text Sehun what was going on but stopped once you heard Sehun’s mom’s loud cry.

You got scared and went in bed. You pulled up your blankets and laid under them. *What’s wrong? What’s going on?* You pulled out your cellphone and texted Sehun. He never responded though. *Jerk…it is not the time to ignore me…* You tried calling him but you got no reply. “Loser.” You mumbled.

 

In school, you tried to look for Sehun but he was not there. You grew aggravated and sighed, “Where is he?”

“Are you looking for Sehun Oppa?” Soyu said as she came into the empty classroom with her hands shoved into her jacket pockets.

You looked up at her and blew a raspberry. *Don’t respond to her….Dasom…* You laid your head back on the desk and hummed to yourself.

“YAH I’m talking to you!” Soyu yelled as she walked up to you furious, “How can you ignore me like-“

Before she could finish her sentence, you stood up and sighed.

“Soyu.” You said looking at her. She stared back into your eyes, hoping you will come running back to her and apologize but it did not go that way. “I’m really in no mood for this…so please don’t pester me.” You said and walked out the room.

“Ah…” Soyu took a deep breath and continued, “Forget you.”

 

You were sitting in front of your house on your steps staring aimlessly at your cellphone. Kai was not in school either today and neither Sehun or him where replying to your messages or picking up your calls.

Giving up you were about to go inside your house but just in time a car pulled up onto Sehun’s driveway. It was his father’s car.

“Mr. Oh!” You yelled as you ran up to him, “Wait!”

He stopped in his tracks and turned around, “Dasom what is it?”

You looked up at him and observed how distressed he looked. His eyes were puffy red and he looked like he did not get any sleep at all.

“I was wondering where Sehun was….” You softly spoke.

His expression changed and he replied, “I was about to go back and if you want you can come a long too.”

You looked up at him and furrowed your eyebrows, “What do you mean?”

He took a deep breath and said, “You might want to change out of your school cloths though, I’ll give you 10 minutes that will be enough yes?”

You nodded and went to change your cloths. You quickly changed into yoga pants and wore an orange hoodie with black boots. You placed your phone into your pocket along with your wallet and tied your hair into a messy bun before running out.

Mr. Oh was sitting in the car and he smiled once he saw you were here, “Come on in.” He said.

You nodded and sat in the passenger seat. You wanted to ask him where you were headed to but did not get a chance because he was busy talking to someone throw his Bluetooth. Instead you texted your mom and told her Mr. Oh was taking you to see Sehun, whatever that meant.

“We’re here.” Mr. Oh said as he pulled up in front of a huge building. You furrowed your eyebrows and look at the building.

*No…it cannot be…* You looked at Mr. Oh and back at the sign on the building, “Seoul Private Hospital…”

Mr. Oh replied, “I have to run to the office real quick, you can ask the front desk where Sehun is. Well goodbye then.” He lightly smiled but you could tell it was a fake smile.

 

You ran into the hospital and asked the woman seated at the front desk where Sehun was located.

“He’s in the VIP section…” The woman at the information desk responded, “Can I get your relationship?”

Before you could respond someone spoke, “She’s a friend.”

“Oh Young Master Welcome!” The woman said as she bowed. Kai nodded and looked at you and let out a weary smile.

“Kai…” You said faintly going up to him. He looked exhausted and just like Mr. Oh he had puffy red eyes, dark circles and the look of insomnia. He looked so pale and tired. You touched his left check softly and said, “Are you sick? You don’t look okay.” You sounded worried.

Kai shook his head; he placed his hand on top of yours, and brought it down. He squeezed your hand and said, “I’m not the one you should be worried about Dasom. Come on let’s go.” He clutched your hand tightly and led you to Sehun.

~o~o~o~

Did you lovely people have a nice Thanksgiving? I updated because 'tis the season of giving!' I just want to tell you guys I'm very grateful for your love and support! Please continue on loving this story and my other one!